Jack Swagger - Is this his time to shine?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sorry to seem touchy there, but I'm not a bigot, YET I AM conservative Christian....The bad thing is he takes values we hold dear and pushes them slightly and I MEAN slightly over the top...You want our country to take care of our borders means your a racist bigot...ok. Same with Christianity. If you take it seriously, your a nutjob! lol.

BTW...I loved everything about Mordecai except they used the cross and religion to push his gimmick. That's it. It would have been awesome! I wanted it because I knew that the Undertaker would take him to the woodshed and beat the daylights out of him! lol...Just makes me cringe.

Think of it this way. They were talking about having an openly gay character...and making him heel. To some that would be blasphemy. My point is you just don't see any positive images of Conservative, old school value driven, Christian people...they're all hypocrites and evil..lol...ok...sorry...I'm off my soapbox...

I think Swagger will be an awesome champion...there, I said it...Prediction noted! :Swagger:

I was calling Swagger and Zeb bigots because they quite clearly are and because of that it is really hard for people to cheer them. You can't just hate on a whole race of people like he was doing and expect people to cheer for him.

With Mordecai I think they needed to play up the religion as a counter to Undertaker since Undertaker's gimmick was quite regilious without it being confined to a specific religion if that makes sense. In the end it is just a character on a tv show and they are just playing up what will get the best reaction out of it all. Most of the time though they do just play up the stereotypes that are out there because it is a proven formula that works so well.

HBK was an openly religious character and he was a face.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mordecai's character wasn't the main problem, it was the performer. What was his name? Kevin Thorn or something? He was terrible, he was brought up too early and the man didn't know how to call out spots quietly, you can hear him audibly talk to his opponents asking if they were ready and here it comes so loud it was comical.

Anywho, bigoted and being conservative are not hand in hand. but I do find the humour in white people bitching about immigration with no sense of irony.

BDC

Reaction score
I was calling Swagger and Zeb bigots because they quite clearly are and because of that it is really hard for people to cheer them. You can't just hate on a whole race of people like he was doing and expect people to cheer for him.

With Mordecai I think they needed to play up the religion as a counter to Undertaker since Undertaker's gimmick was quite regilious without it being confined to a specific religion if that makes sense. In the end it is just a character on a tv show and they are just playing up what will get the best reaction out of it all. Most of the time though they do just play up the stereotypes that are out there because it is a proven formula that works so well.

HBK was an openly religious character and he was a face.

Yeah, I guess it's just they play him just like the tea party people and then...push it over the top with the 'people not like me' thing. THAT is totally bigoted and I don't appreciate it out of any body. So, yeah, in the long run, we agree...it just smacks of calling tea party racists. But, I'm good...