Jack Swagger - Is this his time to shine?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good move to give him a mouthpiece and it was an impressive first promo from Dutch Mantel for Swagger. Be interesting to see how far they take this Zeb character, I can't see them pushing too many boundaries with him. I think that they will also need to be careful where they use him because it could end up with him being cheered in certain parts of the US. It is a promising development and should get him good heat in most parts.

AF.

Reaction score
I think Swagger needs a haircut. Either go back to the combover or cut it short. It looks stupid at the moment and I can't take him seriously.

Reaction score
A brilliant, consumate in-ring general who is very technical and psychologically sound, but he has the personality of a tree stump and his mic skills are non apparent. He's a perfect candidate to play the strong midcard heel role, but placing him anywhere near the mainevent is a bad business move. Sure, this new push has reinvigorated him, and added a new dimension to his character, but in the long run, it matters little when he can't trascend that skill in the ring to a connection with the audience.

Guys like Kurt Angle & William Regal, they possess the same gift of technicality and psychology, but they have enough of a prescence about them to establish a legitimate and sound connection with the vast populus.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So will people just sit on their hands and complain about America the whole time when he's in Canada?

No, it'll be "not a fuck was given that day" mode.

More than likely be a comedic figure when he crosses the border.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
No, it'll be "not a fuck was given that day" mode.

More than likely be a comedic figure when he crosses the border.

Just like I said then. They'll sit on their hands and lean over and talk about maple syrup and the Moose that was in Farmer Johnson's barn the other day while Swagger does his thing.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I know I've enjoyed the two promo's Coulter has cut. Mantell was never known as a mic guy but he's doing well. The piped heat on SD was driving me nuts though. You could see the crowd pandering to the camera not booing.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I'd like to take back any negative comments I've made on Jack Swagger's future as I've discovered that they were all dead wrong at this present moment in time and space. :side:

Thank you.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
lol going to Wrestlemania on the back of a 2 week push.

Curtain jerker written all over it.

Reminds me of that time Tyler Reks was thrown in a PPV main event after no build.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I wouldn't count on Jack having a big part in WM either, but if they really wanted to there's plenty of time.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He's done absolutely nothing since 2010, but now after 2 weeks of push and looking a bit more muscular with a good manager this happens? A major title match for him at the biggest PPV of the year. I don't like cursing on the site, so I'll just leave it at that but whoever made that decision can go you know where. Awful move.

BDC

Reaction score
YEah, pushed out of no where. I also don't appreciate making the whole conservative Republican thing a heel thing. Reminds me of Mordecai in WWE back in '04 with the religious gimmick...nothing more evil than God, Country and Conservative politics...whatever...

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I've always liked Swagger and even though he's been back for two weeks he has shown he is a lot quicker in the ring. His performance at Elimination Chamber was good, was it right for him to win and face Del Rio? My opinion, no. Should have waited him for Extreme Rules at least.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
YEah, pushed out of no where. I also don't appreciate making the whole conservative Republican thing a heel thing. Reminds me of Mordecai in WWE back in '04 with the religious gimmick...nothing more evil than God, Country and Conservative politics...whatever...

Who said he'll stay a heel for the rest of his career?

As for the push, nothing we can do about it now by complaining, all I hope is that he is able to pull of a (at the least) watchable/decent match at WM with Alberto, not particularly worried about him generating heat as that is pretty much assured/a given as the people involved guarantee it, i.e Del Rio and Ricardo plus Zeb Colter along with Swagger's gimmick.

Odd that I predicted this match, but after a couple of people said that they'd probably wait, I thought the same too...guess I was wrong.

EDIT: On top of that, Swagger's segments with Del Rio, Ricardo and Zeb should be gold in comparison to the childish segments we saw with Del Rio throwing paint on Show's face, etc. Might raise a few eyebrows, but that is exactly what excites me about the feud at this point.

Big Red Jericho Punk said:
He's done absolutely nothing since 2010, but now after 2 weeks of push and looking a bit more muscular with a good manager this happens? A major title match for him at the biggest PPV of the year. I don't like cursing on the site, so I'll just leave it at that but whoever made that decision can go you know where. Awful move.

Swaggers gonna swag. (Or something to that end :side:)

Would I rather have had Jericho or Orton be in the main event at Mania? Yes. However this cannot be THAT bad....competition and novelty, specifically novelty is conducive to good business. Jericho or Orton in the main event wouldn't be new. I do agree that the lack of build up is a detriment though, he would have been massively over by now as a heel if he and Zeb had debuted at an earlier time.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Its wrestling. Of course it could possibly be done. When WWE wanted to put the title on Sheamus, they just had him powerbomb Jamie Noble for a couple of months.