Jack Swagger - Is this his time to shine?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Lol @ people saying it was a bad move.

Naw, it's the best thing WWE coulda done outside of an Sheamus/Orton WHC match; so quit yer bitching. Swagger's new gimmick seems almost designed to take on the evil-doer champion, so this match going into Wrestlemania will have a good build.

Serious though, who else was going to win that chamber and make sense of it all?

Jack Swagger deserves this push and by the looks of it, we're focusing on what he needs to be a star and that's a mouth-piece, it's looking promising so far and Wrestlemania will the moment of truth.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Swagger means money and I for one am glad he won the chamber match. He's great in the ring and now that he's got Coulter by his side he's looking even better because to be honest he wasn't really good on the mic.

He'll go on to WrestleMania to face Del Rio which will be one hell of a feud if WWE books it right. Now that Swagger has this patriot character he can have a good feud with Del Rio who's mexican. Just give Coulter the mic and we'll see some incredible segments.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It didn't matter who was going to win the Elimination Chamber, it was always going to be the curtain jerker. At least with using Swagger they actually have the potential to build a pretty damn good storyline for the match given his new tweaked gimmick and the Mexican champion.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Lol @ people saying it was a bad move.

Naw, it's the best thing WWE coulda done outside of an Sheamus/Orton WHC match; so quit yer bitching. Swagger's new gimmick seems almost designed to take on the evil-doer champion, so this match going into Wrestlemania will have a good build.

Serious though, who else was going to win that chamber and make sense of it all?

Jack Swagger deserves this push and by the looks of it, we're focusing on what he needs to be a star and that's a mouth-piece, it's looking promising so far and Wrestlemania will the moment of truth.

Swagger doesn't deserve anything, his last main event run bombed and he couldn't even make it on WWE's B-Show for a year.

Doesn't really matter as Smackdown isn't important and their main match will be curtain jerker but talk about killing titles prestige. The top feud you can make on the biggest card of the year is Jack Swagger vs Alberto del Rio.....might as well throw in JTG and Alex Riley and put it on the pre-show.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Swagger doesn't deserve anything, his last main event run bombed and he couldn't even make it on WWE's B-Show for a year.

Doesn't really matter as Smackdown isn't important and their main match will be curtain jerker but talk about killing titles prestige. The top feud you can make on the biggest card of the year is Jack Swagger vs Alberto del Rio.....might as well throw in JTG and Alex Riley and put it on the pre-show.

It's a new age, they have to do this. They have to give us new main eventers. It can't be about the Ortons and Cenas again and again. People said the same thing ten years ago and they always will.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's a new age, they have to do this. They have to give us new main eventers. It can't be about the Ortons and Cenas again and again. People said the same thing ten years ago and they always will.

If WWE were that intent on making Swagger a main guy they wouldn't of made him a Superstars exclusive until a month out from Mania.

They've had success pushing Sheamus and Ryback, Swagger is a joke though. Orton hasn't been in the title picture for nearly two years and still has a lot of gas left in the tank, not like he's shot to bits, it should of been him winning or even Henry.

It's only for some midcard belt anyway I guess, so no big deal.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
If WWE were that intent on making Swagger a main guy they wouldn't of made him a Superstars exclusive until a month out from Mania.

They've had success pushing Sheamus and Ryback, Swagger is a joke though. Orton hasn't been in the title picture for nearly two years and still has a lot of gas left in the tank, not like he's shot to bits, it should of been him winning or even Henry.

It's only for some midcard belt anyway I guess, so no big deal.

I'm with ya on this one.... Swagger has just never done anything for me and while I like the pairing with Mantel he just screams midcarder to me..... I do agree that they do need to groom more guys for the top of the card but Swagger ain't one of em..... Cesaro and Sandow are two guys that stick out to me as eventual main eventers as they are both great in the ring and good on the stick as well

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I personally don't see the problem with Swagger winning this. He's incredible in the ring, and since he has a mouth piece, I think he'll go far.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I wouldn't say Swagger is amazing in the ring, and i don't have a problem him being the number one contender but not for WM you can't get buried for 2 years and then go missing for 6 months come back with the "Saving America gimmick" and get a manager and i'm suppose to believe yeah he's a real contender. If this was for any of the non big 4 PPV's I would be fine with it, at least this will be opening match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Swagger amazing in the ring? When he can actually do sell an proper irish whip without looking faker than a first year Indy guy, maybe he would get over more.

The curious case of Swagger is simple, he looks and acts like a goof at the worst times. And it takes out his serious factor very fast. His new gimmick is just being a patsy for a mouthpiece. And he will have an entire feud based on a Mexican champ going into Mania, and will most likely be back to nothing after it.

Should've just made him a non talking ass kicker who throws people on their heads like a Taz/Angle hybrid, but that would be too much I guess.

Swagger amazing in the ring? When he can actually do sell an proper irish whip without looking faker than a first year Indy guy, maybe he would get over more.

The curious case of Swagger is simple, he looks and acts like a goof at the worst times. And it takes out his serious factor very fast. His new gimmick is just being a patsy for a mouthpiece. And he will have an entire feud based on a Mexican champ going into Mania, and will most likely be back to nothing after it.

Should've just made him a non talking ass kicker who throws people on their heads like a Taz/Angle hybrid, but that would be too much I guess.

BDC

Reaction score
Who said he'll stay a heel for the rest of his career?

As for the push, nothing we can do about it now by complaining, all I hope is that he is able to pull of a (at the least) watchable/decent match at WM with Alberto, not particularly worried about him generating heat as that is pretty much assured/a given as the people involved guarantee it, i.e Del Rio and Ricardo plus Zeb Colter along with Swagger's gimmick.

Odd that I predicted this match, but after a couple of people said that they'd probably wait, I thought the same too...guess I was wrong.

EDIT: On top of that, Swagger's segments with Del Rio, Ricardo and Zeb should be gold in comparison to the childish segments we saw with Del Rio throwing paint on Show's face, etc. Might raise a few eyebrows, but that is exactly what excites me about the feud at this point.

Swaggers gonna swag. (Or something to that end :side:)

Would I rather have had Jericho or Orton be in the main event at Mania? Yes. However this cannot be THAT bad....competition and novelty, specifically novelty is conducive to good business. Jericho or Orton in the main event wouldn't be new. I do agree that the lack of build up is a detriment though, he would have been massively over by now as a heel if he and Zeb had debuted at an earlier time.

Not sayin' it won't work. If I walked into the Chamber PPV cold turkey, Swag ended up looking good for a heel. The chamber was the BEST match of the night and Swag winning didn't dampen that. I wish him all the look. Fellow Oklahoman and all.

As for build...we have WHAT? 4-5-6 Raws and Smackdowns to do the deed. Hell, they haven't even peeped about Taker and it don't matter...lol.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Yes, but look at Sheamus, dude got a monster push when he basically started in WWE, and everybody loved him. Don't see why Swagger is getting so much heat for this. I think it's a good move and hopefully they keep him up there for a while.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Swagger and Zeb I hope they don't try to recreate the JBL/border crossing angle from years ago when he feuded with Eddie. Just so wrong and it's just cheap heat. They can make this work without stooping to that level but I don't think they will be able to help themselves.

YEah, pushed out of no where. I also don't appreciate making the whole conservative Republican thing a heel thing. Reminds me of Mordecai in WWE back in '04 with the religious gimmick...nothing more evil than God, Country and Conservative politics...whatever...

I don't think there is any way to do an "I hate foreigners" gimmick without the guy being a heel. Can't really cheer a bigot.

Just on Mordecai I must have been one of few that really like that gimmick. It was the perfect opposite of the Undertaker's gimmick and if Hardcore Holly hadn't screwed up we would have eventually seen Mordercai vs. Undertaker. It was so unique and they could have gone plenty of directions with it yet it just turned into another thing that Holly ruined.

BDC

Reaction score
With Swagger and Zeb I hope they don't try to recreate the JBL/border crossing angle from years ago when he feuded with Eddie. Just so wrong and it's just cheap heat. They can make this work without stooping to that level but I don't think they will be able to help themselves. I don't think there is any way to do an "I hate foreigners" gimmick without the guy being a heel. Can't really cheer a bigot.

Just on Mordecai I must have been one of few that really like that gimmick. It was the perfect opposite of the Undertaker's gimmick and if Hardcore Holly hadn't screwed up we would have eventually seen Mordercai vs. Undertaker. It was so unique and they could have gone plenty of directions with it yet it just turned into another thing that Holly ruined.

Sorry to seem touchy there, but I'm not a bigot, YET I AM conservative Christian....The bad thing is he takes values we hold dear and pushes them slightly and I MEAN slightly over the top...You want our country to take care of our borders means your a racist bigot...ok. Same with Christianity. If you take it seriously, your a nutjob! lol.

BTW...I loved everything about Mordecai except they used the cross and religion to push his gimmick. That's it. It would have been awesome! I wanted it because I knew that the Undertaker would take him to the woodshed and beat the daylights out of him! lol...Just makes me cringe.

Think of it this way. They were talking about having an openly gay character...and making him heel. To some that would be blasphemy. My point is you just don't see any positive images of Conservative, old school value driven, Christian people...they're all hypocrites and evil..lol...ok...sorry...I'm off my soapbox...

I think Swagger will be an awesome champion...there, I said it...Prediction noted! :Swagger:

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Exactly...that's how the gimmick is beginning...who's to say he will not turn face like Orton did in 2010...think of it like this, hypothetically the gimmick does succeed and Swagger is holding the world title. Say Cesaro has lost his US title and wants to move on to more lucrative prospects and he decides to challenge Swagger. It's obvious who'll play the face in that situation.

We don't know that.