Is Chris Benoit a Hall of Famer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is Chris Benoit a Hall of Famer

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Austin Starr

Reaction score
Nope, doesn't deserve it at all, if you look at the HOF it's about a wrestlers contributions to the wrestling world, and benoit's greatest contribution will be this black he has left on the buisness forever

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Simple answer NO !

that would be like saying yes he was a Murderer but just because he was fairly decent in the ring we'll put him in the HOF...

What freakin signals does that give out to people.

Outkast kid is completly right !

& as far as the WWE are concerned i hope they get rid of every frickin piece of Chris Benoit history of their website & never mention that fuked up piece of shits name again!

Vince > Benoit....

PeepShow

Simple answer NO !

that would be like saying yes he was a Murderer but just because he was fairly decent in the ring we'll put him in the HOF...

What freakin signals does that give out to people.

Outkast kid is completly right !

& as far as the WWE are concerned i hope they get rid of every frickin piece of Chris Benoit history of their website & never mention that fuked up piece of shits name again!

Vince > Benoit....

Fairly decent? Are you kidding. He was probably the best technical wrestler in the WWE at that point. I understand your points on him, but to say he was just fairly decent is just wrong......

Choose Slack

Reaction score
Absolutely not. I'm a huge fan of the guy as far as his wrestling ability goes, he's easily in the top 10 of all time, but the guy is a murderer for Christ sakes.

Da Purple Guy

Reaction score
For what Benoit did in the ring yes he does deserve to put in the HOF, unfortunately because of what he did, he will not be put in. As a person he was a huge POS but as a wrestler he was one of the best.

GShton

Reaction score
Nope, he'll never be in the hall of fame and he shouldn't be. If I was Vince I would never acknowledge his existence again.

Reaction score
Peepshow, I totally agree with everything you said. You can't through out 22 great years for 72 horrible hours. Benoit needs to be remembered for person he was before he did what he did. He snapped, but that shouldn't reflect the person he was. I'm really sick of arguing with people who find it so easy to forget. Hatred is alot easier to feel than sympathy.

By the way, Outkast Kid, you talk about how horrible Chris Benoit was, and how he is in "hell" now for what he did. But then you make light of the whole situation in your signature, "Don't piss me off...I'm liable to go Benoit on you at any time!!!" I'm sorry but I don't find that funny. It's hard for me to believe that you give a fuck about Nancy Benoit or Daniel Benoit if your willing to joke about their deaths.

I don't mean to bash anyone, but I just get emotional over this.

Reaction score
Ok first off you didnt read the rules. It says dont bump anything over 2 weeks old. This is 4 weeks. But since you bumped it I will gladly comment. First off. I know that Benoits toxicology came back positve for a shit load of steroids. However in a court of law or a moral court that does not pardon you from what happened. Yes, I do feel for Nancy and Daniel. It is a terrible terrible thing that happened. Could it have been avoided? Probably, what cant be avoided. Everything that happens in this world happens because of a series of choices. You make the wrong choice, you have to live with it. Benoit definately made the wrong choice.

Also, how can you back this man?

Do you back Michael Vick? I understand he has not been found guilty. I honestly dont know where I stand on that yet. But he will probably never have an endorsement again. Prolly will be a long long time until he is a starter, on any NFL team, again. If he ever is a starter again.

Do you back Hitler? That man had a great mind. Do you give him credit for all the smart things he did before he did all the terrible things he did?

I know you dont back Hitler for the good he did because of the bad. How can you back Benoit?
That little sentence in my signature, it to all you sick fucks who condone him for killing his family. I say it is you who have no compassion for Nancy and Daniel. How can you glorify the man that killed them. It doesnt matter what he did in the ring anymore. He killed two people. If you can seriously tell your self that he should be in the hall of fame, wow, that shows you were society is going these days.

Also, to all you who said in the ring he deserves to be in the HOF. Do you people not realize that getting into the HOF is an honor? You dont make it into the hall of fame just for what you did in the ring of on the field what ever your competing surface is. You make it to the HOF for in and out of the ring or whatever venue.

To all you who say yes, and support Benoit in anyway. I scoff at you. That is all I can muster to even acknowledge your presence. You are but at Benoits level. Below normal mankind. You are the dreggs to our society. You are the people that make bums look good.

To all you I say good day!

ChiWa

Reaction score
Old thread, but I missed it before and someone else bumped it.

The WWE Hall of Fame is all about feeling good about the past, and the Benoit story can never be that. He was one my favorites since I first saw him on WCW (I think he was a Horseman at the time). In the ring, he was as good as is gets.