Is Chris Benoit a Hall of Famer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is Chris Benoit a Hall of Famer

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Great One

Great One think as a normal person,not as a wrestling fan...I dont care ,if Ric Flair,Taker,Austin,Rock,HHH,HBK,Angle killed their mildly Blue son,and wife I would say the same exact shit....Fuck You Benoit. I dont care if he won 10203049 world fucking titles and had 1398902349 5 star matches he is still a fucking sick peice of shit and he threw his whole legacy as a wrestler down the drain when he killed his family.....I cannot see how you could possibly still have respect for this mother fucker.....you are putting Fake Soap Opera Bullshit Pro Wrestling over fucking a woman and Childs life and that is fucked up.
I am thinking as a normal person. I agree he is a sick bastard (if 100% proven, which it isn't) and I said I respect him as a wrestler and always will, why wouldn't I? I still believe he should be in the WRESTLING Hall of Fame, but not given a noble peace prize.

being a great wrestler, or athlete isnt all you need to get into the hall of fame. you call us ignorant because we dont think benoit deserves anymore that he got. a nice tenure in hell. i cant believe you seriously think that. a hall of fame is something you get when you combine EVERYTHING that has been done. on and off the field, in and out of the ring however you put it. i cant believe you are basing your claim on something the sick mother fucker was PAID to do. i guess you must get paid to be stupid. i seriously cant believe you actually think that.
Um, yes it is, I could go on about how many assholes are in the Hall of Fame right now (great opinioniated quality, isn't it?). The fact is it is the WRESTLING (WWE...) Hall of Fame and that's all that should matter. When did I say he doesn't deserve to go to hell... why would I even bring a religious statement like that into perspection, but yeah, in theory he does deserve to go to hell. Like I said sure he's paid to do it, but there's a thing in life called PASSION and DEDIDICATION for something you do... and after watched the Chris Benoit DVD and watched almost all of his matches and heard comments from his best friends. Yep... he had more passion and intensity for the business then almost anyone, it wasn't just for the money. If it was just for money WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE DO IT FOR 21 YEARS OF HIS LIFE.

professional wrestling has always been fake, everyone in the wrestling hall of fame is a joke if you want to look at it that way. i honestly dont see how you can have the top wrestlers when they were chosen to get the title and get to the top, and paid to be who they are on screen. you shouldnt be watchin professional wrestling if you dont know its fake by now and know that its all a big soap opera. and now some sick mother fucker who worked for the soap opera killed his wife and 7 year old son. and you say he should be in the hall of fame.
From this statement alone I can tell you aren't a really big wrestling fan (or know much to anything about it). We all know 'wrestling is fake' that's nothing new, the Hall of Fame can be considered a joke, but it's the biggest honor right now in professional wrestling... just look at the history of it. It's more than "just a big soap opera" it has a lot of the same characteristics, but I don't think people put their bodies and LIFE on the line to entertain the fans with their blood, do they? Do soap operas take amazing amounts of talent in wrestling and qualities such as CARRYING A MATCH? Nope... like I said I'm trying to argue with someone who has no knowledge in wrestling... don't worry I have a video for you to watch after this post.

do all you people who think benoit should be in the hall of fame and then turn around and say he should be in for wrestler benoit, ok i admit i liked to watch him, should be in the hall of fame. i say FUCK YOU. i cant believe you are that ignorant to believe that shit.
Ok, I have absolutely NO idea what any of this says. It's not even a coherent paragraph, could you please try to use at least some sort of proper English when developing a coherent argument? This is just a ramble of words with nothing punctuated...

and you say they put their bodies on the line. so there is a risk for fuck up. people get hurt blah blah blah. maybe he is a deserving hall of famer in the fake wrestling hall of fame. but he will never make it there. because he no longer has the out of ring respect that he once had. and you need both to make it into a hall of fame. you sick ignorant fuck.
Lol... so there is a risk for fuck up... biggest understatement (and most ignorant) of the year. Refer to the first part of my post... this is just getting repetitive now. 'Fake wrestling' is formaly known as Professional wrestling, please be politically correct if you want to try to form a decent argument for someone to actually acknowledge or slightly respect your opinion. The 'fake Hall of Fame' is the only one... so yeah, DAT ONE. It's only what the thread is about.

and ya im talkin to you great one
Really? I didn't notice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rvdtito4life here's a video I suggest you watch to save me the trouble.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Benoit will off course be in the hall of fame, not soon but he will be, maybe in 2018, just give people the time to forgive or forget

Reaction score
I cant discredit what Benoit achieved from a professional point of view. He was one of the greatest in ring technicians of all time. Being a sick murderer doesn't change that.

However he will never be in the Hall Of Fame. You cannot pay homage to a man who has murdered his wife and child.

3lions

Reaction score
Up until last week, Benoit was an uncrowned HOF'er.

Now, he is just a murderer in my eyes. Everything he has ever done in his life is irrelevant. If he were to recieve a place in the HOF, it would send out the completely wrong type of signals by WWE. It's one thing inducting someone who may have been arrested for speeding or fighting, but to induct somebody into such a prestgious club, who has murdered his WIFE dn his SEVEN YEAR OLD SON is out of the question!

You know, I've been at this forum for seven years now and have heard some fucked up views and opinions, but for people to continue to defend Benoit after everything that has happened (and with more sickening details bein revealed by the day), is amazing. To try and condone him MURDERING his WIFE and SEVEN YEAR OLD SON because he was on steriods is a joke!

Like I said yesterday; it is irrelevant how many standing ovations he got throughout his career or if he was/is a fan favourite, the bottom line is, he is a cold, callous, calculating, heartless, MURDERER!

Is this the sort of person that should be inducted into the HOF? I fucking hope not!

03mnm

Reaction score
Chris Benoit the wrestler a legend but Chris Benoit the MAN I have no respect for

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I seriously hope he doesn't get inducted into the hall of fame...Yes I understand he was a great wrestler, I understand what he did for the business, but that does not excuse what he did to his wife and his 7 year old mentally disabled son, he murdered them, he wasn't even on drugs ffs, even if he wsas, it would still be no excuse...Being a great wrestler does not excuse you for being a moron and murdering people...WHy should a murderer be hounored? Ask yourselves that, why should a murderer be honurered?

tasso10

Reaction score
Murderers do NOT belong in a hall of fame of any sort.

Murderers who kill their own blood are already in hell copping it

Impactplayer

Reaction score
THERE NO EXSCUSE...PLANE AND SIMPLE...HE SPILLED THE BLOOD OF HIS OWN SON...AND THE IS UNFORGIVIBLE...FACE THE FACTS!!!

...and just so you know...If he wasn't in his right frigen mind how the hell did he plan this all out...It was a spur of the moment thing..

He done alot in the ring, had classics but killed 2 members of his family, he hog tied his wife he should never, ever be considered for anything within any means of wrestling but should be considered as a monster.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Benoit deserves to be in the HOF as much as Macho Man Randy Savage does but do to circumstances he's not in it. Before we learned that Benoit murdered his family, he had a one way ticket into next year's HOF. Even though he is known as one of the most technical wrestlers ever, this incident will now and forever overshadow his career. Will he get into the HOF? IDK, when Macho Man gets in maybe he'll be next.

Reaction score
great one. that video is rediculous. if thats you or your friend. im sorry you feel that way. i cant believe that you base someone on how they act. you cant ever judge anyone by how they act. i cant believe you are justifing him for killing his wife and 7 year old son who is mentally Blue because he acted nice. and i was just thinking. to the WWE younger audience which is a lot of the fan base Chris Benoit was a hero. what does this say to these kids that its ok to kill someone if you kill yourself and then you get inducted into the hall of fame? thats just sick. i almost want to puke!

Great One

That's not me or a friend, just youtube posters. And, sigh, once again I'm not justifying anything he's done... like I said I think he should be in the WWE (wrestling) Hall of Fame, but not be winning a noble peace prize because he commited a sick crime, ok, but he we don't just throw out all the years he put into wrestling... That's not how the world works.

Reaction score
well, i guess its not how the world works but as long as WWE is under mcmahon control benoit will have no place in the hall of fame as he has said on many occasions after finding out more facts. yes like i said i liked benoit pre-June 25 when i got on and read what had happened over the weekend. after june 25 he was no more that scum as is anyone who kills in cold blood which is obviously what happened if no one ever saw this coming from him.

which btw there was a preotective order filed by Nancy in 2003 because chris was violent in the relationship

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Great One,I just watched that Bill and Doug video ......that was PATHETIC! I honestly have lost all respect for that guy...and ROFL at that pussy crying at the end.

Great One

Well this thread is called "Is Chris Benoit a Hall of Famer". "Will Chris Benoit get into the Hall of Fame?" probably not, but there's still a chance maybe not anytime soon.

Wrestling Station

He was a great wrestler, but he lost all fan support and love after what he did to his family.

So a hall of fame entry would happen but i guess nowhere soon due to let people forget about this incident.

Maybe 7-10 years from now he MIGHT be inducted.