Iron Man 3

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The Maximum Carnage story, ran 93-94, and that was the story right after his "parents" returned. Sadly I do not have Carnage's first appearacne, so I have no idea when he was actually introduced. That was also around the time I first got out of comics.

Something tells me we should make a new thread to continue this discussion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Maximum Carnage story, ran 93-94, and that was the story right after his "parents" returned. Sadly I do not have Carnage's first appearacne, so I have no idea when he was actually introduced. That was also around the time I first got out of comics.

Something tells me we should make a new thread to continue this discussion.

Yes please before my head starts to hurt lol.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
They're making a third movie, why? The first two stunk and the second broke the first rule of an action movie; it had a quick final battle that was over in 10 seconds. Spend the whole movie building up the bad guy and he gets killed in a 10 second fight, pathetic.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
They're making a third movie, why? The first two stunk and the second broke the first rule of an action movie; it had a quick final battle that was over in 10 seconds. Spend the whole movie building up the bad guy and he gets killed in a 10 second fight, pathetic.

For the same reason they are making Captain America: Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, & Ant-Man, Disney struck gold with The Avengers. The question I have is why we are not seeing movies like Powerman & Iron Fist, or Doctor Strange getting the Disney treatment to add more depth to the Avengers roster.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Disney has a much younger audience. They probably wouldn't recognize those characters.

Besides the Avengers already has enough depth and there are far too many superhero movies as it is.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with more super hero movies honestly. It's turned into an amazing genre on it's own now.

But you can have too much of any good thing. It is not one of my favourite genres, but I have enjoyed some of the recent ones which is mainly due to proper filmmakers and talented actors being involved. The problem if you have too many is that the recent high standard would start to go down, also I don't think all would have the same sure fire hit status as the likes of Batman, Iron Man etc.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Very true, maybe if the characters Nukem mentioned were brought into the new films it would be okay though.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Well Ant-Man should introduce Wasp, Wonderman(Vision), & Ultron.

Powerman & Iron Fist are both in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, so I have no doubt the younger audience has some idea of who they are. Danny Rand(Iron Fist) & Luke Cage(Powerman) are also great rolemodels for Marvel/Disney to bank on, Danny is like Master Splinter, totally zen, and only fights when its the absolute last option, and Luke is a former gangbanger trying to clean up the streets of Harlem. I do not think either could hold a movie on their own, but as a team(which has happened more than any other team up in Marvel) I believe they could. They could also set-up a Heroes For Hire arc, and bring Hulk into the movie.

Doctor Strange is just a favorite of mine, and a very important player in The Avengers(being their only real source for information on all things supernatural). I know Disney has been throwing his name around in an attempt to bring him to the big screen, but nothing has ever been made official.

And, if you think the movie roster of Avengers has depth, then you really have no idea. Hulk, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Widow is not an Avengers line-up, as virtually every Marvel hero is at one time or another on the roster, even some villains have been like Venom & Green Goblin(well Iron Patriot, but still Norman Osbourne) have been on the team.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They worked with what would work well. Can you imagine if they had all of the Marvel heroes in that movie, people wouldn't know what the fuck was going on.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am not saying they need to throw in every possible member, but having a few lesser knowns is always good for the company as a whole. Which is why I kept my list of names to the 3, neither is going to steal the show, but they can generate a fan base, that builds from people being able to relate easier.

Those who grew up in projects, and around gangs, might be able to relate to Luke easier than Iron Man. Those who promote peaceful living, and work out issues with their mind, might relate to Danny easier, and those who enjoy the occult, might relate to Strange easier.

It all adds diversity to a group with a monster, a god, a soldier, a millionaire playboy, an expert archer, and a soviet spy, which few people can relate to.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Peter Parker is not being killed off something like that there would be a big storyline they would not just waste it my guess yes someone close to peter will die maybe Jay Jameson Senior but Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man and when that changes then I will stop reading Spider-Man I have a hard enough time trying to read the Ultimate Spider-Man and I didn't enjoy that Spider-Men series I thought that the blessing thing felt really forced from Peter to Miles and Mysterio of the Ultimate Series being the bad guy felt really dissapointing kinda hoping for Ultimate Goblin vs Amazing Spider-Man as a way to avenge Ultimate Peter's death.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Peter Parker is not being killed off something like that there would be a big storyline they would not just waste it my guess yes someone close to peter will die maybe Jay Jameson Senior but Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man and when that changes then I will stop reading Spider-Man I have a hard enough time trying to read the Ultimate Spider-Man and I didn't enjoy that Spider-Men series I thought that the blessing thing felt really forced from Peter to Miles and Mysterio of the Ultimate Series being the bad guy felt really dissapointing kinda hoping for Ultimate Goblin vs Amazing Spider-Man as a way to avenge Ultimate Peter's death.

I would suggest you stop reading at Amazing Spider-Man #700, the Marvel NOW! title Superior Spider-Man that will be replacing ASM is replacing Peter Parker.

Pete

Reaction score
Calling it "SUPERIOR" Spider-Man and then replacing Peter Parker is kind of an insult to Stan isn't it? It's like saying "ur Spdiey sux ares iz dah btturz". I'd personally tell 'em to fuck off.