If not Reigns, than who.......

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Seth Rollins.

As an in-ring performer, He's by far the best in the company today, His timing and movement is absolutely impeccable, He's an amazing athlete and far better performer than Reigns. His best work comes with that alignment and He plays that role so well and decent to good mic skills. He's easily the best thing going on RAW today - He's the one of the only reasons I still watch WWE, That's fact.

Talented wrestler - 10/10
Incredible performer - 10/10
Fantastic in ring worker - 10/10
Solid on the mic - 9/10
Yeah I'm looking forward to his top spot run. I hope they make it rival Punk's modern streak TBH

Reactions: Z.T.O

Somethingcool57

The Artiste
Reaction score
If not Roman I would have gone with Ziggler, but at the same point I would have Rollins win the title by WM in order to do Rollins vs Ziggler match. You got the whole Authority backing Rollins you got Ziggler the man of the locker room that symbol standing up agaisnt HHH and the others.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
For face? Bryan and ziggler.
Face heel? Bray and Rollins

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Based on what? How guys were actually booked going into the Rumble? Only Ziggler, Bryan and Reigns are realistic options if that is the scenario.
Even really not DB. Rollins probably would make more sense if we went casual, Heel vs face vs Heel with Rollins coming out holding the gold AND briefcase (unless he needs to cash in) makes a ton more sense IMO.

Bray Wyatt taking the punishment for 15+ minutes and Heyman accidentally distracting the ref for a cheap random weapon followed by two Sister Abagails would be great IMO. Face Orton getting Vince to give him a part of the shot (Lesnar Reigns Orton) and defeating Lesnar and then Rollins cash in would work....Ziggler has no chance let's be honest.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
What about heel Sheamus making a return? He is no Ziggler or Bryan, but he is better than Reigns imo. Sheamus vs Brock would be a great match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well, if we're going that whole 'believability' route, then nobody's really built that strong to defeat Lesnar, not even Reigns, nor Bryan who's been out for like 6 months.

- In 2K14, Bryan went over Orton, Batista and Hunter all in one night... And Kane at ER. lol Am I forgetting someone?

- Reigns (post-Shield break-up) went over ADR, Orton and Rollins. And Kane & Show. lol Am I forgetting someone? No? Okay.

Lesnar's been booked as a legit beast in 2K14, he conquered the Streak and took Cena's virginity at SummerSlam, and he retained the title at the Rumble after taking so much 'punishment' from Cena and Rollins, while still looking dominant and unconquerable.

So, how do you book your supposedly next top guy [Reigns]? Have him feud with Big Show for almost two months. :dawg:

Seriously, though. Whether it's Reigns who defeats Brock at Mania, or Bryan or someone else who may miraculously end up in the ME, then if let's say Reigns wins... The Reigns haters are gonna be shitting on him, and if DB wins, the DB haters are gonna shit on him, as well. So, either way, you won't be able to satisfy everyone.

So, whoever winds up being the champ at Mania, I really hope they let Rollins cash in on the guy.

It's a win-win situation if Rollins becomes the champ at Mania. Because, if Rollins cashes in on Bryan, we get the awesome Bryan/Rollins feud. And if he cashes in on Roman, we get the former-Shield feud with Ambrose hopefully joining in that title picture.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Top guy?

I'm not really sure about having a "top guy" if I was booking, but WWE has an incredible roster of talent all under age 30.
Roman Reigns. Seth Rollins. Bray Wyatt. Dean Ambrose. Rusev. Rhodes. Big E. Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Adrian Neville, Tyler Breeze.
Different guys with different styles in different sizes.

I'd be grooming as many of these guys as I can to go as far as they can. If there's a guy to go with now it's Bryan since he's so hot right now, but it's time to stop mistreating Ziggler for sure, and the rest of the guys we love (Cesaro). They can be your stars now while this generation gets ready.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Top guy?

I'm not really sure about having a "top guy" if I was booking, but WWE has an incredible roster of talent all under age 30.
Roman Reigns. Seth Rollins. Bray Wyatt. Dean Ambrose. Rusev. Rhodes. Big E. Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Adrian Neville, Tyler Breeze.
Different guys with different styles in different sizes.

not to mention the many other guys we all know and love.

I'd be grooming as many of these guys as I can to go as far as they can. If there's a guy to go with now it's Bryan since he's so hot right now, but it's time to stop mistreating Ziggler for sure, and the rest of the guys we love (Cesaro). They can be your stars now while this generation gets ready.

I said 'supposedly' top guy, but that's besides the point.

Well, they're hellbent on having a top guy right now, hence why they went with Reigns as the RR winner. But, the crowd disagreed and pissed on the guy anyway (for just doing his job).

Oh, well.

If there's any guy on the current roster I'd want to see right now in the ME picture, it's the same one you mentioned, Bryan.

But sure, I'd also love to see all those guys you mentioned in the ME scene, too. (You forgot to mention Balor, but he's 34 so fuck it, he's awesome, Goddamit!).

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In order from best to least best: Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler.

Bryan has been the most over wrestler in the world since 2012. He's gotten a good bit of mainstream attention these last couple of years (including taking over the Seattle Seahawks' Twitter page this past Friday to answer fan questions about the Super Bowl tonight), and look at how many people have been turned heel directly because of their involvement with Bryan - HHH for the first time since 2006, Orton for the first time since late 2009, Stephanie for the first time since 2006 (or 2008? I forget what that whole thing with her and Shane in 2008 was all about), Shawn Michaels for the first time since 2005 (even if it was only for a brief couple of appearances), etc. The fans even turned against Batista and (so far) Roman Reigns in favor of Bryan.

I'm not even his biggest fan, but I'd swallow my pride and my perceptions of what a main eventer *should* look like, and just make him the top guy since it's clearly what the fan-base wants, and hopefully after awhile (a year or so of him being at the top), they'll get it all out of their system. At least to the point where they're no longer staging revolts against the company if Bryan isn't at the top. By repeatedly screwing him over (kayfabe or otherwise), they're just feeding into his popularity even more.