If not Reigns, than who.......

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Inspired by a @CM Punk post in the Roman Reigns being rejected thread - http://wweforums.net/threads/roman-reigns-being-rejected.41684/page-2#post-945133

So let's do it up. Everyone's got an opinion so if Reigns was non-existint in WWE who, in your mind, is ready to be the next top guy in WWE? You got your obvious picks right?

Dolph Ziggler (would be my choice)
Daniel Bryan
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins

I would let Ziggler be the next guy and he should get toppled by Rollins followed by Ambrose. Over months, if not an entire year. Of course the fact that Brock is champion throws a big monkey wrench in my machinations.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Ziggler might be my choice as well if they didn't do the shitty firing angle.
Bryan would be probably my main choice though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Based on what? How guys were actually booked going into the Rumble? Only Ziggler, Bryan and Reigns are realistic options if that is the scenario.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It depends upon your criteria and your company's mission statement. What is the public message/image you want conveyed about your company?
Hogan conveyed a particular image, as did Austin, as did Bret Hart and so on.
I have no problem with either choice provided your company reflects that example/choice.

Brock Lesnar reflected Ruthless Aggression, so the company changed their entire business model to support Lesnar's talents (and shortcomings). That era brought us many quality matches.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Based on what? How guys were actually booked going into the Rumble? Only Ziggler, Bryan and Reigns are realistic options if that is the scenario.
I would say overall performance. Mic work, in-ring ability, move set, character, etc. All that stuff together. Who's got it down?

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
It depends upon your criteria and your company's mission statement. What is the public message/image you want conveyed about your company?
Hogan conveyed a particular image, as did Austin, as did Bret Hart and so on.
I have no problem with either choice provided your company reflects that example/choice.

Brock Lesnar reflected Ruthless Aggression, so the company changed their entire business model to support Lesnar's talents (and shortcomings). That era brought us many quality matches.
Lets go with "The guy that can put on the best show"

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ziggler then, hands down. Him selling Bork's offense would be legendary.
Jesus, I imagine lol.

Side note: I chuckled to myself earlier watching a Neville match in NXT. He counters german suplexes left and right. Him vs Bork sprang to mind and I just saw countered german suplex after countered german suplex lol.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Ambrose, even though he's been built up piss recently him vs. Lesnar would be a good sight. Why? Just because I'm a mark.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ambrose, even though he's been built up piss recently him vs. Lesnar would be a good sight. Why? Just because I'm a mark.
The beating Ambrose would take and then get back up from would definitely help out the image he has been building for himself.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
My list would be the same as Trip's.

- Daniel Bryan... But, LOL. They don't see him as a face of the company, obviously. So, screw you, 'E.

Same thing would go for DZ and Ambrose, I don't think they see 'em on top either. Shame! Plus, both of 'em had kind of a lackluster booking heading into the Rumble, so right now they wouldn't seem 'believable' to defeat Lesnar. But, fuck 'believability'.

Rollins is currently a heel, but fuck yeah, I'd want that cat as the next top guy.

- But, I kinda have a feeling that new, up-and-coming talent John Cena will be the next top guy. For the next 10-15 years, hopefully.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The beating Ambrose would take and then get back up from would definitely help out the image he has been building for himself.
Seeing the lengths that he'd be willing to go through would be the best part in my opinion. I can imagine him letting his arm snap instead of tapping so he'd still be in the fight. Or him getting suplexed numerous times and then asking for more. I think the build would've been good as well. And think about, Rollins cashing in on the man who vowed that he wouldn't allow him to cash in on what would be the biggest night of his career. That's if he win which I doubt he would.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Rollins is (successfully) cashing in on whoever ends up being the champ at Mania. That very night. Mark my words.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well sure in Kayfabe land and what WWE wants it's Reigns. If it's me there are plenty of guys better than Reigns. Cesaro, zig, Bryan, bray, cena, Ambrose. Prob more that I personally enjoy more. Reigns, zig, or Bryan were the 3 I thought legitimately could have won, with Reigns being a distant 3rd on what i wanted personally

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Seth Rollins.

As an in-ring performer, He's by far the best in the company today, His timing and movement is absolutely impeccable, He's an amazing athlete and far better performer than Reigns. His best work comes with that alignment and He plays that role so well and decent to good mic skills. He's easily the best thing going on RAW today - He's the one of the only reasons I still watch WWE, That's fact.

Talented wrestler - 10/10
Incredible performer - 10/10
Fantastic in ring worker - 10/10
Solid on the mic - 9/10

Reactions: Trip in the Head