How Long Have You Been A Fan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I got into wrestling around the time of the "who hit austin with the car angle" and I was 9 then so about 11 years and I have been following ever since

Reaction score
i got into wrestling i think it was june 1996 when austin won king of the ring. so its been about 14 years.

seX-Power

Late 2004. When I got Foxtel.

And why the fuck is the OP a VIP?

Reaction score
The first show I watched was Wrestlemania 14 which was pretty much the beginning of the Attitude Era so I got hooked up just in time.. Been a fan ever since..

Reaction score
The first show I watched was Wrestlemania 14 which was pretty much the beginning of the Attitude Era so I got hooked up just in time.. Been a fan ever since..

Nice. It's odd how Mania 14 is like a defining event for fans. All the stuff from the night after on locked me in as a fan.

dragon29

Reaction score
Since 1985, I started watching wwf then other promotions like roh, japw and puroresu

MizMasta3000

An episode of SD 2001.

I saw a Rock promo and fell in love. I then saw K-Kwik dance and rap to the ring and I was more hooked

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I was born into a WWF loving family, so I guess you could say February 7, 1991 was when I started out as a fan.
My only time where I have stopped watching was about from 2000 to 2003.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
1983 when I was 3, but don't remember specific matches from then. I clearly remember watching Wrestlemania 1 live on my tv because we had an black market antenna that was able to grab channels and broadcasts we weren't supposed to legally get. Black market antennas were big in the 80's in Brooklyn because it took many years for the cable lines to be run through it. My family was big into the WWF and my grandparents had been watching it since they first started airing McMahon wrestling on tv.

I stopped watching from late 2003-early 2006, but would occasionally read the show reports on sites and read about the hirings and firings. The Eddie Guerrero Tribute shows and the first One Night Stand were the only shows I watched during that whole time period.

Airfixx

One of the first things I remember is the Rick Rude/Ultimate Warrior fude, so that would make it about....21 years..shit.lol

LOL... Me too.... First match I ever saw was Harts v Brain Busters @ Summerslam '89 (Still a fave to this day).

jberq4006

Reaction score
well looking back and reliving memories i started became a fan around 1992 that was when ultimate warrior and papa shango had the feud and also seeing papa shango putting trick into the warrior which scared the crap outta me not to mention the ever classic funeral parlor with paul bearer and from then on i became a fan of wrestling shoot i talk about wrestling more than other sports such as football and basketball

hndsmepete

Reaction score
LOL... Me too.... First match I ever saw was Harts v Brain Busters @ Summerslam '89 (Still a fave to this day).

That was a great one. It was a crime how short their stay in WWF was. Tully Blanchard + Cocaine + Drug Test = WWF firing & blackball from WCW. It was a damn shame to find out on the WWE 4 Horsemen dvd that his failed drug test kept him out of the Horsemen reunion in WCW.