How Long Have You Been A Fan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

taylormercado

Reaction score
Roughly 22 years, I got a huge Rowdy Roddy Piper figure for my third birthday, so I'd say I started at age 2, in 1988. One of my favorite memories was of seeing a ton of WWF guys at Logan Airport when I was really young. Earthquake and Tugboat were in the bathroom the same time as me, and I'd just seen then lose a match on TV. My dad wanted me to go say hi, but I was so sure they'd be pissed about the loss, that they'd rip my head off.

mygirlu

Reaction score
Well I guess I start watching wrestling since I am 14 years old.

mybunny

Reaction score
I am die hard wrestling fan since 2000 because I really love to watch John Cina’s fight and the introduction music of JC

the408kid

Reaction score
I've been watching wrestling since 1988. One of my first memories was the Rick Rude/ Jake "the snake" Roberts feud. I specifically remember watching wwf superstars on Saturday Morning seeing Rick Rude hitting on Jake Robert's wife at the time Cheryl. She was planted near the front row and after she rejected Rick Rude's advances, Jake Roberts came out and they got into a brawl. lol good times!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I've been watching wrestling since 1988. One of my first memories was the Rick Rude/ Jake "the snake" Roberts feud. I specifically remember watching wwf superstars on Saturday Morning seeing Rick Rude hitting on Jake Robert's wife at the time Cheryl. She was planted near the front row and after she rejected Rick Rude's advances, Jake Roberts came out and they got into a brawl. lol good times!

Yeah man. Rude came out with her face airbrushed over the crotch of his tights. Memory lane right there.

But yeah, been watching since I was five I guess. So that would be 87.

Shit that's a long time.

bunnygirl

Reaction score
I am been a fan of wrestling since 1998, specially WWF.

Reaction score
Since 1986, yours truly has enjoyed pro wrestling. 31 isn't old in the grand scheme of things but it's ancient in here. It's ok. This is my guilty pleasure and release from all the stress of the world.

My earliest memory is Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy at Wrestlemania 2 on closed circuit tv.

xtremebadass

I started watching wrestling in December 2001...just as everyone else in school stopped watching. I always protested wrestling because everyone loved it and I hated mostly everyone in my grade school. Ironically once everyone stopped talking about and watching it, that is when I started watching. I still don't regret not seeing the Attitude Era though, I am content with where I started watching. I know I could have seen some awesome stuff, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Kicking off my wrestling fan-dom with Rock vs. Hogan was GREAT.

Reaction score
^^^Look, the Attitude era sucks in hindsight. The quality of the undercard is abhorrent. Austin could wrestle, Taker could wrestle and Foley was always reliable. That's it. Crash tv made all of us fans look like mouth breathing morons.

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
20 years. Since I was 10. My father bought a satelite dish, so we can see other countries' programs. Then one night me and my dad switched a Malaysian channel, and WWF was on, and the first match we saw was The Ultimate Warrior's.
I remember saying to my dad, "The things people'd do for money, eh?", thinking now I understand how grown up felt about violence on TV. Lol.
The second time seeing it was what got me hooked. I love everything about WWF, except for Brother Love (cause I didn't understand english, then).. and Greg Valentine, cause he looked like my bully.

My first favourite wrestler was Zeus. I'm forever shamed.

LexDelicto

Reaction score
It seems most of us got hooked as scarcely more than than babies. I'll give away my age and just say that I've been a fanatic since the weekly wrestling TV program was in black and white.