How Long Have You Been A Fan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Absolutely... Although I didn't realise that was the reason.

Must admit tho', Tully's absence made the Warriors v Heenan Family SSeries match that year a bit more interesting.

kimball99

Reaction score
I was 5 years old when I watched the first wrestlemania. All I really remember from that event, other then watching it since, was my dad rooting for the bad guys. It pissed me and my brother off to no end, but it made for one of my earliest, and best memories. Haven't really stopped since. My first two live events I ever was at was the first Royal Rumble in Hamilton, and Wrestlemania IV in Toronto. Been to countless events since, but those were the days where I truly was able to enjoy it, without having to over analyse ever single thing that happens.

straight_edge76

I was born into a WWF loving family, so I guess you could say February 7, 1991 was when I started out as a fan.
My only time where I have stopped watching was about from 2000 to 2003.

I was also born into a pro wrestling loving family. But I can't recall watching anything before late 1996ish.

MizMasta3000

I'm an outsider for being a wrestling fan, My mom admits to having the hots for Rick Rude when she was younger but like most fans do, my fam grew out of it around the age of 12

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
The 1st time I watched wrestling was the end of 98 i believe. I remember Austin beating the crap out of the corporation inside a cage and vince watching in a wheelchair.

xtremebadass

I saw a couple shows in late 2001 where the Rock and Austin sang Margaritaville and then Austin beating Booker's ass in a grocery store. I started watching full time in Dec 2001.

LKP

2001 was one of the best years for wwe. I was going off it until invasion.

straight_edge76

Wrestling by the looks of it has been a part of many of our lives since childhood.

So I know we all had friends who were also into wrestling alongside us as kids but one thing or another happened and they ended up growing out of it or losing interest. So this brings up a question what was it for you that kept you a fan and not ending up like so many young adults; wrestling fans as a kid but ending up "growing out of it"?

Great One

Wrestling by the looks of it has been a part of many of our lives since childhood.

So I know we all had friends who were also into wrestling alongside us as kids but one thing or another happened and they ended up growing out of it or losing interest. So this brings up a question what was it for you that kept you a fan and not ending up like so many young adults; wrestling fans as a kid but ending up "growing out of it"?
Prob wanting to do it myself. And my friend who watched it with me since I was a kid is still into it I think.

straight_edge76

Yeah, I think that each of us all wanted to be a pro wrestler one day. Honestly part of me still wants to try to get into a wrestling school after I finish up college and get into "Pro Wrestler shape" lol

LadyHotrod

I'm an outsider for being a wrestling fan, My mom admits to having the hots for Rick Rude when she was younger but like most fans do, my fam grew out of it around the age of 12

hahahaha, I remember a lot of ladies liking Rick Rude. I thought he was so fucking nasty. My mom had the hots for Ricky Steamboat.

I feel sorry for the people who missed the 80's.

straight_edge76

Honestly LHR, I kind of wish that I got to see alot of the things that happened in the 80's/early 90's myself and not just through old tapes/DVD's and various forms of media.

Christian 2.0

Reaction score
I have been a fan of professional wrestling since 1986 at 7 years old. There were times when I didn't watch at all. The longest such sabbatical was from April 2002 to May 2004. Two whole years and from what I've viewed the only significant events I missed were Brock Lesnar and the change to WWE. Everything else was all HHH all the time on Raw.

Anyway, I still watch it as I turned 31 yesterday and will continue to do so until 71.

mycoolgirl

Reaction score
Well as far as I remember I addicted to wrestling since my child hood it’s the age around 7 I really love it and excited to watch cage wrestling