Horror Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
How is it intelligent though? They just threw together a new bad guy and claimed he was always helping John. Meanwhile, each movie saw a new cop be inserted into the hero that would end up being killed. By the end, they had to make up brand new heroes because they used up all of the bit characters from the first Saw. Not surprisingly, their box office numbers started to tank after Saw 3.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
I think it was clever they found a way to keep the series going despite what occured in Saw III with the main characters and they did a good job tying up some major loose ends and bringing the series full circle in the last two entries. Not all fans may have liked the idea of Jigsaw having a secondary accomplice after Amanda but I think it made sense given all of the elaborate traps throughout the series and the fact neither Jigsaw or Amanda is that physically strong. I like that we learn more about Jigsaw in the later sequels in a way that actually enriches his character and doesn't ruin it, either. Unlike in some other series where the main villain had a silly explanation for why they're the way they are.

Reaction score
They ruined Jigsaw for me. He's a villain, I don't want him too likable. They already gave a backstory for why he's doing all this in Saw 1. The guy went through a near death experience with cancer and when he survived, he saw so many people taking for granted what he, for a time, didn't have. The whole tagline of the series "How much blood would you shed to stay alive?" plays right into that.

That in essence is a prime example of the problem of the series. They kept trying to add new twists to explain things that had already been explained, solely to keep the series going. Everything you needed to know about John was answered in the first movie.

Why did he do this? Anger in how people treat their lives while he was on the losing battle of his own.

How did he do all of this when he was so weak? Had Zep's help

That's it. That's all you needed to know. But then they added in the additional help of Amanda. But wait, he secretly had Hoffman there to help too. Lawrence died, wait...no, he survived and randomly decided to start helping Jigsaw. Jigsaw kills because he had cancer. WAIT...he really began because his wife had a miscarriage. Oh, but now he's doing it because he just likes convincing people to cherish their lives. Hoffman just loves to kill. So Matthews died, oh wait, they decided to let him live so his Rigg can accidentally kill him in Saw 4. Rigg was put through the tests because he cared about people too much. Wait...wut?

The whole series became so convoluted with character's motivations changing, new twists that don't really make any logical sense and a progression of lead heroes meaning less and less.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
He could only be kept mysterious for so long before he would get too thin of a character and needed some more development, I think the later films did a good job of it. The storyline didn't turn out so bad considering the rushed and hectic schedules of the films.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Hey Sleepaway Camp fans, is this pic awesome or is it AWESOME!!!!

5p0i1y.jpg

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Hey Sleepaway Camp fans, is this pic awesome or is it AWESOME!!!!

5p0i1y.jpg

This is the TITS!!!!

This is from part 3 and used to be a tee that's sadly out of print... :(

I want Teenage Wasteland! Boo.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Here's a couple of awesome items for all you Puppet Master fans out there....

rarq1g.jpg

I think I'm going to order both, and then the Pinhead, Tunneler and Six Shooter ones if they ever come out.