Horror Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
So, I, myself, have been browsing multiple forums since 2009 and since then, I've seen a lot of the "other guys" have a Horror Movie Discussion thread and now I'm thinking, why not us? We're special. So I've decided to go ahead and get Brandon's (Fuje Vise) blessing and here is the official Horror Movie Discussion thread for all of you horror freaks out there, such as myself. Anything, and I mean anything that has to do with the genre of horror, you are more than welcome to discuss it here. Thank you. Let's hope this gets over well.

I'll start if off.

This movie:

2d7hizs.jpg

Watch it.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Yeah V/H/S is a great movie I enjoyed it. Not the best in the genre but certainly not the worst. Definitely a great idea to have a collection of shorts than one hugely drawn out found-footage film.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I myself been a horror movie fan my entire life. Halloween is still my fave besides The Scream Series. But then again I love all horror movies. Provided it ain't I Spit On Your Garage. I thought that was horrible.

Reaction score
V/H/S was alright, but it can't really hold a candle next to Creepshow or Trick 'r Treat. The two hour run time was unnecessary and just forced viewers to watch a couple of downright terrible segments.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I haven't seen that one yet and will add some later this weekend but I did love creepshow.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Castiel

Reaction score
Fun fact about Creepshow: HorrorFan convinced me to buy it even though his review said it wasn't great. I bought the 1st one afterwards.

I just finished The Burning and it was pretty awesome. Rat from Fast Times is one of the main guys so I popped for that.

More then just the main girl lives as well so that was cool.

Reaction score
Fun fact about Creepshow: HorrorFan convinced me to buy it even though his review said it wasn't great. I bought the 1st one afterwards.

Creepshow 2*
-------

And if you guys are going to have a horror thread, here's my little present to the thread, all of my custom gifs from my Fright Fest and Friday the 13th reviews:

trolllclip0.gif

Troll 2 (1990)

treat.gif

Trick 'r Treat (2007)

ahhhh2.gif

Gingerdead Man (2005)

edddd.gif

Evil Dead 2 (1987)

wolfman.gif

The Wolf Man (1941)

factclip0.gif

The Last Broadcast (1998)

2q9b8y0.gif

Dead Sno (2009)

mummy.gif

The Monster Squad (1987)

dragclip0.gif

Drag Me to Hell (2009)

mouthh.gif

In the Mouth of Madness (1995)

33kep7a.gif

Creepshow 2 (1987)

draculaw.gif

Dracula (1931)

grabclip0.gif

Altitude (2010)

dawn2.gif

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

tcm2clip0.gif

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

leather.gif

Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990)

happ.gif

Happy Birthday to Me (1981)

demons.gif

Demons (1985)

shaun.gif

Shaun of the Dead (2004)

grudge.gif

Ju-On: The Grudge (2002)

deadalivvve.gif

Dead Alive (1992)

eyeeyeeyeey.gif

The Eye (2002)

caligari.gif

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

pumpkinhead.gif

Pumpkinhead (1988)

chud1984.gif

C.H.U.D. (1984)

flyx.gif

The Fly (1986)

wish3rd.gif

Wishmaster 3 (2001)

finaltingler.gif

The Tingler (1959)

hocuspocus2.gif

Hocus Pocus (1993)

living.gif

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

thedawn.gif

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

day2.gif

Day of the Dead (1985)

creep.gif

Creepshow (1982)

tcm2.gif

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

gingerdd.gif

Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust (2008)

monster.gif

Frankenstein (1931)

evildead.gif

Army of Darkness (1992)

howling.gif

The Howling: Reborn (2011)

others.gif

The Others (2001)

saint.gif

Saint (2010)

bloodrunscold.gif

Blood Runs Cold (2011)

dark.gif

Dark Water (2002)

changelingn.gif

The Changeling (1980)

sheitan.gif

Sheitan (2006)

nosferatu.gif

Nosferatu (1922)

axtenebre.gif

Tenebre (1982)

critter.gif

Critters (1986)

bride.gif

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

birthday.gif

Bloody Birthday (1981)

crazy.gif

The Crazies (2010)

catpeople.gif

Cat People (1942)

25p4l7l.gif

Evil Ed (1995)

hell.gif

Hellraiser Revelations (2011)

saturday14.gif

Saturday the 14th (1981)

olddarkhouse.gif

The Old Dark House (1932)

pumpkinhead.gif

Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings (1994)

pa3.gif

Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)

puppet.gif

Puppet Master (1989)

texas.gif

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

sleepyhollow.gif

Sleepy Hollow (1999)

house.gif

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

ghosts.gif

Casper (1995)

reanimator.gif

Re-Animator (1985)

bride-1.gif

Bride of Re-Animator (1990)

beyond.gif

Beyond Re-Animator (2003)

2qa1bms.gif

Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

verasdeath.gif

Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)

jasonsdeath.gif

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)

jrdeath.gif

Friday the 13th Part 5 (1985)

killz.gif

Friday the 13th Part 6 (1986)

sleepingbag.gif

Friday the 13th Part 7 (1988)

headb.gif

Friday the 13th Part 8 (1989)

jasongoestohellclip0.gif

Jason Goes to Hell (1993)

jason3.gif

Jason X (2001)

lyndadeath.gif

Halloween (1978)

halloween4clip0.gif

Halloween 4 (1988)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Aww thanks Jim

Castiel

Reaction score
So many awesome gifs there. I still say the Troll 2 one is the best gif of all time!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Anyone here heard of an older Italian horror film called "Body Puzzle"? I just finished watching it and man is it ever crazy. There's a scene where the killer is killing a teacher in a classroom full of blind children and its disturbing to say the least.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jesus that sounds brutal! And the name alone gives me the chills.

Reaction score
I'd like to ask what everyone thinks between John Carpenter's Halloween and Rob Zombie's Version of Halloween...

Given that Rob Zombie lost his rights to the franchise after the 2nd film, all you can really compare if the first two against the first two, however, we all know nobody could touch John Carpenter's version.

I think Rob Zombie gave it a good run giving an in depth explination of why Michael became the way he was as a child, in comparison to just seeing your little brother turns evil on and off like a light switch in the original.

The 2nd of Rob Zombie's version, I didnt understand until I read the wikipedia profile, which now i do understand.

His goal for the 2nd was to create an understanding between Laurie and Michael, which I liked, but, since the chick was portraying Jamie Lee's part, I didnt really expect to see the new chick put the mask on, and go all ape shit

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The only thing I like about the Zombie films was that he tried to explain how and why Michael was the way he was, I hated the rest of the films. I mean I understand that the dad beat him and was a drunk asshole but why the fascination with all the masks. I hated them much like I hate the new Nightmare reboot and the Friday Reboot.

Reaction score
Now that I watched the 2nd film by zombie completely, i hated the ending. I thought it was so stupid. Having Michael take his mask off looking like some farmer in wisconsin with the beard and shit and then Laurie going ape shit and getting shot... In the original, she was the victim completely...It would have made more sense if his mission was to kill laurie the same way he did the rest of the family. I understand why he didnt cuz at the time she was a baby, but the way the 2nd film ended made it seem as if there was no more films to ever be made....smh

As far as the reboots for Nightmare and Friday, I thought Nightmare was fucking dumb... Whoever the director was should kill himself...

The Friday one though, I enjoyed it to a point... I thought it was interesting to see Jason running a bit then throwing the axe the way he did.. But, if the reboot of Friday started off with the Mother more than jason, then it think it could have gotten more reaction

Reaction score
Carpenter's version was nearly perfect. Michael was evil, that's all you had to know. Why was he evil? Who knows and really, why should we know? If anything, it helps us relate to the characters in the movie. Imagine you're Mr. or Mrs. Strodes and you've just arrived home to find Judith dead. Besides the obvious grief, you're going to wonder WHY did young Mikey do it? For Zombie's, it was a case of not asking "Why?", Michael did it, but rather having a slightly surprised reaction for Michael acting out in that way. Sure, killing the awesomely funny Ronnie, could be expected, but his older sister? A surprise, but you had to know that Michael was a very fucked up individual.

It's far scary for a normal kid from a nice family to go berserk and go on a killing spree. You just can't understand why a good kid like Michael would do that. That being said, changing Michael's backstory was a nice and easy way to distinguish the new film from the original. It's not as good, but if you're not going to create a very different movie, what's the point?

Part of the problem with Zombie's movies is that people will always compare them with Carpenter's. We saw these classic character become bastardized. Imagine the Kennedy's if they were trailer park trash. It feels weird and wrong.

Was doing the remake a wise idea? Yes. After the terrible Resurrection, the Halloween series was heading dangerously close to the "Direct to video" line. The remake helped kept that from happening. Sadly, RZ's Halloween 2 somehow makes Resurrection look like a fucking masterpiece compared to it. It's now to the point where besides having the fun of seeing two more Halloween movies in the theater, I would have preferred the Halloween series just continuing DTV rather than rebooting.