Hollywood's Hollywood Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Lone Ranger

This isn't your mom and dads lone ranger by any means. The story starts off with old Tonto explaining the story of the mask. The story has a few funny moments some great action. But it has some major flaws, to me it feels like a movie made for kids similar to the Pacifier but then it has scenes really out on a ledge. This combined with numerous plot gaps (either failing at being funny or just failing) and jokes that just miss the mark like the Carnivorous rabbits and the horse always being in an impossible spot. Some of these elements are purely poking fun at the original but it comes off disrespectful and dumb. The movie entertains though not for the reasons you'd expect it's worth a look but you may want to save it for renta.

2 1/2 4/10's

I don't think the plot holes are really the problem for me. Its the fact that like you hinted it is mostly played for a very young audience and too often lacks the appeal of a family film. It starts really well and has an exciting ending, but in between it just drags too much and is not very interesting. The romance was too corny and not believable (I don't mind romance in these kind of films but this was just weak) the jokes were not funny enough, and for me the leads lacked chemistry. Not to mention it was far too long and all the start-stopping to send things up just distracted me from the movie. If it had been the Indiana Jones style romp which it promised in places and at least 40 minutes shorter it would have been a much better film.

3/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
All The Boys Like Mandy Lane

Apparently this movie was released 7 years ago at a film festival but never made it to an actual release. Unfortunately in the years sense this year seems to a model for a lot of movies I feel I've seen it before. It's good and it's got the twists and turns you expect from a horror film. It stars Amber Heard and much of the movie is about how much you want to see her nude (you don't). It's before she was a great actress you can see how she's going to get good but it's not all their in this film. If you want to see a horror film have at it but it's nothing to go out of your way for.

Actually did see this awhile back on TV just out of boredom and as I am draw to cheesy horror crap. Thought it was awful with very little if anything to redeem it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Zodiac

Probably my favorite film of it's genre. Now what genre is that I'll let you decide. I think that's one of the reasons I like it so well part whodunit part suspense with enough thriller/action to round it all out. I think this is where I point at Ruffalos career really starting to get movement. Everyone in the film play their parts perfectly. Other than some liberties with the source material which always happens with these type of movies (very few at that) I don't think you can find a flaw with the film.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Zodiac

Probably my favorite film of it's genre. Now what genre is that I'll let you decide. I think that's one of the reasons I like it so well part whodunit part suspense with enough thriller/action to round it all out. I think this is where I point at Ruffalos career really starting to get movement. Everyone in the film play their parts perfectly. Other than some liberties with the source material which always happens with these type of movies (very few at that) I don't think you can find a flaw with the film.

Pretty much agree, its in my top three Fincher movies. The period detail is superb and it is very chilling and very well acted from just about everyone. Only slight disagreement I have is with the Ruffalo comment he had been doing great stuff for the awhile before this check out In the Cut and You Can Count On Me for example.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Pretty much agree, its in my top three Fincher movies. The period detail is superb and it is very chilling and very well acted from just about everyone. Only slight disagreement I have is with the Ruffalo comment he had been doing great stuff for the awhile before this check out In the Cut and You Can Count On Me for example.

He has been but this is the big release you can point to and say this is what got the ball rolling. Like Fargo for William H Macy, Macy was always good but that was the one film you can point to that got the rest rolling.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Frozen Ground

This straight to DVD movie stars Nic Cage, John Cusack, Dean Norris and Vanessa Hudgens. And holy shit it's the best work that three of them have done in years. I've always liked most of Cusacks work but I think we can all agree that Cage has fallen quite a bit. Hudgens never been all that and Norris is mainly a TV guy. But they all give a great performance. Only thing is the movies telegraphed you know how it's all going to play out. But the performances are brilliant.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Frozen Ground

This straight to DVD movie stars Nic Cage, John Cusack, Dean Norris and Vanessa Hudgens. And holy shit it's the best work that three of them have done in years. I've always liked most of Cusacks work but I think we can all agree that Cage has fallen quite a bit. Hudgens never been all that and Norris is mainly a TV guy. But they all give a great performance. Only thing is the movies telegraphed you know how it's all going to play out. But the performances are brilliant.

Is that the one about the serial killer? Think actually it was released at the cinema or at least it was in the UK.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah thats it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Jobs

Pass. I watched a movie not long ago called Pirates of Silicon Valley and while I believe it stops in the late 90s I found it a much better story. Kutcher was wrong for the role. It's hard to tell when you move from one decade to the next unless you have a Steve Jobs hair decrypter. The problem I think is the movie is simply to short it glosses over everything and focuses on Jobs as being just an incredible dick. Take a pass watch the movie I mentioned earlier or wait for Sorkins take.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Carrie 2013

It seemed to ingenuine like a poor parody of the old one. To much of all the wrong things. Watch the original.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Escape Plan

This movie was everything you'd want from these two... and even a little bit more. The premise was pretty entertaining they threw in a few twist and turns. The only criticism I have is that the supporting cast was a bit meh. Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson was completely unnecessary and cast in a role that just did not fit. Their was a semi love interest that was bland uninteresting and unnecessary. The other woman in the movie was equally useless. Again it delivers where it needs to but it has issues.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Escape Plan

This movie was everything you'd want from these two... and even a little bit more. The premise was pretty entertaining they threw in a few twist and turns. The only criticism I have is that the supporting cast was a bit meh. Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson was completely unnecessary and cast in a role that just did not fit. Their was a semi love interest that was bland uninteresting and unnecessary. The other woman in the movie was equally useless. Again it delivers where it needs to but it has issues.

Well when you can't even play yourself that says a lot! This might be worth it just for Arnie's beard...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So I've been pretty neglectful of this thread due to Exams

American Hustle Amy Adams Tits
So I'm not sure exactly what expectations for this movie are, it won't meet them. It's not quite a comedy ( I really found nothing funny) and nothing really dramatic. My title really is what it should have been called. The acting was phenomenal. Hair and Makeup probably win an Oscar. The story was very miss. First hour seemed like to much exposition I mean it went on and on and on like they were setting up an epic trilogy. Finally about an hour in the film finds it's footing. With 5 minutes to go it attempts a swerve but completely piss poor execution.

Save it for rental.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Saving Mr. Banks
For those concerned Mr. Banks is the father in Mary Poppins so that should give you somewhat a direction for the movie. Acting is great, the story makes sense (you heard me Amy Adams Tits) But I wouldn't go running to the theater to see it. Basically this movie is about a woman being a total bitch Emma Thompson does a great job you'll want to kill her by the end of the movie. It's filled with continuous Flashbacks and it takes some getting used to because they don't execute all that well. Also the Father daughter relationship is borderline incestuous. Hanks does a great Job playing Disney the supporting cast though they don't make much sense casting wise do a great job also which makes the movie worth seeing.

Rent it, screener currently available.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think both those reviews sound fair enough from what I have heard. I am excited for Saving Mr Banks sounds an interesting premise and Emma Thompson is always wonderful. AH sound be solid just because of the cast.