Hollywood's Hollywood Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sabotage

Pretty subpar especially for the cast. I was expecting a great action movie (not a great movie, a great action movie) instead the film takes its story far to seriously. It takes all the worst parts of Lethal Weapon 2, Swat, and Street Kings and molds it into a movie that just becomes sad. All action is lost after the first fifteen minutes and it turns into this slow wanna be thriller. I don't even know how to classify the movie because it's not a thriller and the mystery just isn't there. The lead female is played by a british actress whose name I've forgotten. I wish they'd let her keep her accent instead they try and force a Georgia accent on her, apparently most of which was redubbed in the post process. It's apparent that the pitch to the actors was who wants to work with Arnold and anyone that said me was cast.

Wait for the DVD and even then wait until it's at a discounted rate.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Enemy

This is from the guy who did Prisoners (great movie you should watch it) It's by far a mind fuck, an original mind fuck and it'll have you leave the theater questioning everything. I definitely was entertained, it made me leave the theater talking about. I can certainly see why some people will hate it but I got every dollar back and more. I'd call it a must see.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Enemy

This is from the guy who did Prisoners (great movie you should watch it) It's by far a mind fuck, an original mind fuck and it'll have you leave the theater questioning everything. I definitely was entertained, it made me leave the theater talking about. I can certainly see why some people will hate it but I got every dollar back and more. I'd call it a must see.

And whose in it? What is the basic plot?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
And whose in it? What is the basic plot?
Jake Gyllenhall (didn't post because I couldn't remember how to spell it) It's a "Doppleganger thriller" other than that I really can't tell you the plot.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Draft Day

Actually had tickets to the Cleveland premiere of this movie. It's an alright movie and it's more of a Moneyball type thing as opposed to the actual sport. If your a fan of Ohio sports it's really up your alley. If your not a fan of Football there really isn't much else as substance goes just some cockamamey (not sure thats spelled right) quasi love story. Most of the side plots contribute nothing. The huge thing about this movie is the transitions at times there somewhat cool but then it really feels gimmicky and cheap. I'm not sure what the average viewer thinks of transitions but you'll definitely have an opinion about what was used in this movie. The cast really telephones most of the performance in, it's not that their bad they just don't seem to have much to work with. The best story line (a will he won't he make it quarterback) is probably the best back story and it gets less than fifteen minutes of screen time, which is sad because the part is played by Tom Welling who seems to be trying his hardest to get noticed from this movie.

This is a movie where I hate to say it but just rent it instead.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Are you going to be reviewing Noah? Will be interesting to see your thoughts on that one.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Noah

Man did this movie have the potential to go either way. I did however really enjoy it. I am a bit surprised that they had an unknown play opposite Emma Watson, who lets face it, didn't need to be played by Watson at all. The character felt to me to very much less important than they try and make her out to be, I think it could have been played by a lesser known actress without the movie suffering all that much. Jennifer Connely was under utilized but lets face it the movie is called Noah and he's played by Russel Crowe so Crowe is all you really should have expected. I think he did a great job especially the scenes where he starts to break. The story went back and forth for me bits of it I thought could have been handled better. The Scene about the evolution of the world well that I thought was pretty priceless way to drive home a point in a period piece.

You could wait till rental and I wouldn't blame you if you did, but I enjoyed seeing it in theaters something about that movie on a big screen just screams yes, so I saw it in IMAX.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Noah

Man did this movie have the potential to go either way. I did however really enjoy it. I am a bit surprised that they had an unknown play opposite Emma Watson, who lets face it, didn't need to be played by Watson at all. The character felt to me to very much less important than they try and make her out to be, I think it could have been played by a lesser known actress without the movie suffering all that much. Jennifer Connely was under utilized but lets face it the movie is called Noah and he's played by Russel Crowe so Crowe is all you really should have expected. I think he did a great job especially the scenes where he starts to break. The story went back and forth for me bits of it I thought could have been handled better. The Scene about the evolution of the world well that I thought was pretty priceless way to drive home a point in a period piece.

You could wait till rental and I wouldn't blame you if you did, but I enjoyed seeing it in theaters something about that movie on a big screen just screams yes, so I saw it in IMAX.

That's a fair enough review and it does sound like there is more positives than negatives. He is one of my favourite directors right now, so I will see pretty much anything he does.

Have heard than Connelly carries much of the acting, very underrated actress.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So time to get this train rolling again.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

So some of the old some of the new. The old group is actually pretty worthless in this one aside from Magneto Xavier and Kitty. I mean really none of the last trilogy are needed other than them. I was disappointed at how few people returned from First Class I mean one guy had a cameo a couple other not even on screen so kinda sad. It does do what it set out to do though which Bryan Singer tiding up some continuity errors between the films though he does leave some and create others. It's fun It's what you expect and it's worth checking out.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

See The Amazing Spiderman

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You didn't like Grudge Match.

Not paying attention no more.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Leprechaun Origins

Sad to say it's probably the worst WWE film to date. The originals featured a leprechaun reclaiming his gold witty banter and just a sheer knack for revenge. This is just your typical turn and burn hollywood creature feature. I've seen dozens of these and this one does nothing that the rest don't do even the kills are lack luster. As for Hornswoggle, you'd never even know it was him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Leprechaun Origins

Sad to say it's probably the worst WWE film to date. The originals featured a leprechaun reclaiming his gold witty banter and just a sheer knack for revenge. This is just your typical turn and burn hollywood creature feature. I've seen dozens of these and this one does nothing that the rest don't do even the kills are lack luster. As for Hornswoggle, you'd never even know it was him.

It does sound terrible, and to say that it maybe their worst film to date is really setting the bar high.