Hip-Hop Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score

russian1.gif

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Lil' Dicky is the shit. I'm big into Action Bronson at the moment. Can't get into Joey Badass no matter how highly 1999 is rated. Freddie Gibbs is my go to shit alongside Illmatic recently (Halftime doesn't get old)

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Lil' Dicky is the shit. I'm big into Action Bronson at the moment. Can't get into Joey Badass no matter how highly 1999 is rated. Freddie Gibbs is my go to shit alongside Illmatic recently (Halftime doesn't get old)

Fuckin' up the count is my favorite Freddie Gibbs song "MONEY BE GREEN,MONEY FEEL LIKE MONEY".

Bronson is alright IMO I like baby blue and the songs he did with Mac Miller but really not much else.

Joey Badass is pretty good...one of the best rappers from NYC.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I only skimmed through the first page lol, but anyone else here like battle rap?

I'm not talking on a street corner with a beat, but professional a capella battle rap. URL KOTD DF etc. ?

I'm big on this stuff and it's something that some of the biggest mainstream rappers keep an eye on and even come watch....hell drake spent hundreds of thousands on an event that I attended in 2015 in Toronto and he was even in attendance. Remember when he missed the Grammys? That's where he was.

2014 Eminem and slaughter house put together a battle rap tournament with some of the biggest names in battle rap. And Joe budden battled hollow da Don in the main event.

It's not for everyone. But in all honesty KOTD (king of the dot) is the platform that has something for every type of fan. They even have a summer event evert year called world domination where they bring in battlers from multiple countries like Denmark Sweden uk south Africa Russia Australia etc. I've evenmet fans that came to toronto from all corners of the earth for the weekend to watch. It's insane.

URL caters more to the suburban fan, it'd based in NYC and is full of gun and drug references. Whike they claim to be the #1 battle rap league in the world they're very limited in the worldwide appeal.

DF (don't flop) is in UK and therefore caters more to uk fans although like KOTD they bring over battlers from north America.

The first two battles I watched were

Dizaster vs DNA
Dizaster vs Canibus

And was instantly hooked. I spent weeks spidering off and watching more and more. Like I watched alot of Diz battles then watched some of those opponents battles then opponents of those guys etc... there's thousands out there. These guys have been at it for a decade or more now and some make good money for half hour of work a few times a year. Highest paid was cassidy ($250,000) vs dizaster ($60,000)
But most guys who've been at it for a while seem to average between 5-20k per battle plus all accommodation and transportation paid. But alot of things play a factor such as experience, views, popularity etc.

I'd suggest it to any hip hop fan. Some of the best to watch are :
Dizaster
Dna
Pat Stay
Arsonal
Marvwon
Hollow da Don
Head Ice
Cortez
Charron
Real deal
Caustic
Rone
Thesaurus

Man I could go on for a while lol just check some out and venture out from there.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
So I only skimmed through the first page lol, but anyone else here like battle rap?

I'm not talking on a street corner with a beat, but professional a capella battle rap. URL KOTD DF etc. ?

I'm big on this stuff and it's something that some of the biggest mainstream rappers keep an eye on and even come watch....hell drake spent hundreds of thousands on an event that I attended in 2015 in Toronto and he was even in attendance. Remember when he missed the Grammys? That's where he was.

2014 Eminem and slaughter house put together a battle rap tournament with some of the biggest names in battle rap. And Joe budden battled hollow da Don in the main event.

It's not for everyone. But in all honesty KOTD (king of the dot) is the platform that has something for every type of fan. They even have a summer event evert year called world domination where they bring in battlers from multiple countries like Denmark Sweden uk south Africa Russia Australia etc. I've evenmet fans that came to toronto from all corners of the earth for the weekend to watch. It's insane.

URL caters more to the suburban fan, it'd based in NYC and is full of gun and drug references. Whike they claim to be the #1 battle rap league in the world they're very limited in the worldwide appeal.

DF (don't flop) is in UK and therefore caters more to uk fans although like KOTD they bring over battlers from north America.

I'm not too familiar with battle rap, I've only watched one event. Do you have any recommendations? The one I watched was:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
That hit man vs con is a bad example lol. I saw hitman vs shotty horroh live, that was a decent battle.

One thing to keep in mind, there's ALOT of inside jokes, references, wordplay. You will be lost for the first bunch of battles you watch. Something will get a reaction and it'll totally go over your head. Don't worry, the more you watch the more you'll understand.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Putting this thread in reverse, what happens on earth says on earth...

TOO MUCH GOOD MUSIC has come out this year for this thread to still be dead. DAMN, Big fish theory, Saturation, All Amerikkkan Badass and soon Tyler, the creator's Scumfuck/flowerboy. 2017 has been great for the hiphop!

5e4c5eba4b6e9cd441808dcff5434a3c.1000x1000x1.jpg

Really excited for Tyler's new album as I was a big fan of the direction he took on Cherry Bomb. The two singles that have dropped 'Who dat boy' and '911/mr. lonely' are amazing stuff. The album come out the 21st and I'll be binge streaming that shit all that week.

kendrick-lamar-damn-600x600.jpg

DAMN obviously my Album of the year with a solid 8/10 ( Botchty Botchtano here!), great album but I still prefer TPAB. Kendrick really came through a little more mainstream without losing any depth. If he ain't in your top 5--fuck even top 20 something is wrong. Can't recommend this enough.

saturation_brockhampton.jpg

BROCKHAMPTON literally came out of nowhere with a fire ass album. Brockhampton is a rap group-collective headlined by Kevin Abstract. Their album, Saturation is a really unique hip hop album similar to Odd Future in their early days. I highly recommend this album.

MISCELLANEOUS :

And uh I'll throw this in because I like it...