Hip-Hop Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Botchie 's current top 5 :

Kendrick Lemar
J.Cole
Earl Sweatshirt
Chance the Rapper
Tyler, The Creator

Honorable mentions: Drake, Lil Dicky, Yung Lean, Mac Miller, Flatbush Zombies and SchoolBoy Q
We got very similar tastes, that's dope. Didn't think i'd see someone say Yung Lean but i'm glad you did. I forgot to put Earl in my top 5, he's definitely in there

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Some of Sweatshirt's beats are ear rape. Grief has a good beat, but the weird distortion hurts it. Not sure if it's just me. My 2 cents at least.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Some of Sweatshirt's beats are ear rape. Grief has a good beat, but the weird distortion hurts it. Not sure if it's just me. My 2 cents at least.
I feel you, valid opinion, but I fuck with that style so much. Pretty unique and something not a lot of rappers could pull off. The big thing with Earl for me is his wordplay, he is lyrically on point every single verse. The way he strings words together is just out of this world.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Hey!

Big into Eminem and Kendrick, really haven't listened widely enough to other mainstream artists tbh. Any recommendations for someone very used to their thing? Thinking possibly about Drake but idk. Here are a couple of people I think everyone should try listening to, from da YT scene.

^ This is Dan Bull, who's a British guy (hopefully not off-putting to you guys) who raps about gaming, the two above are particularly awesome examples. Also has some really cool non-gaming shit, check out Bullmatic (tribute to iLLmatic). The video with the download is on his channel, a while back. It's pretty great.

^ This is George Watsky, who raps about all kinds of awesome shit, and was the guy in Pale Kid Raps Fast for anyone who remembers that. The two songs above are off two of his awesome albums, All You Can Do and Cardboard Castles. The second one is an example of the kind of spoken word poetry he also does. Tonnes of cool shit on his channel, and he's releasing a batch of new shit soon too.

I'd really recommend those two to anyone. Just too great.

Imo this is the best rap song to have been put out in the past year. Samples one of my favorite songs and lyrically I think this is the most powerful off of what is the best rap album of the 21st century. Kendrick the GOAT
Honestly, this one's so powerful that I skip it much more than I should in favour of lighter-hearted stuff. TPAB is the fucking shit.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I feel you, valid opinion, but I fuck with that style so much. Pretty unique and something not a lot of rappers could pull off. The big thing with Earl for me is his wordplay, he is lyrically on point every single verse. The way he strings words together is just out of this world.
Yeah one of the more fluid artists out there.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Don't know if there are any Chance The Rapper fans here but Chance3 (his new album) drops tonight @ 11 PM EST. i'm pretty hyped, i definitely fuck with Acid Rap and most his other projects so i'm hopin this is even better.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Don't know if there are any Chance The Rapper fans here but Chance3 (his new album) drops tonight @ 11 PM EST. i'm pretty hyped, i definitely fuck with Acid Rap and most his other projects so i'm hopin this is even better.
Excited for it. Especially if Angels and his Ye feat are anything to go by.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Excited for it. Especially if Angels and his Ye feat are anything to go by.
Hell yea mane. He dropped a song earlier (called "No Problem" i think?) and i fuck with it big time. Chance even uses some autotune on it which was strange yet refreshing. Lookin forward to tonight.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Chance 3 (now named "Coloring Book") was dope. Idk if it's my favorite Chance project but it definitely made my ears happy. Got that gospel-hiphop style that Kanye's been doin but still got the good Chance verses. The features are the best part bout the whole thing though, they all kill it.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Coloring Book is the result Ultralightbeam Chance and Acid Raps Chance performing the fusion dance to create the dopest mixtape. A project that makes Future, Justin Bieber and fucking Young Thug bearable is a feat all in itself. It's a great mixtape and I'm going to be listening to more, but I dunno' Acid raps is still my go to Chance project. still a solid 8/10. My fav' tracks are Mixtape, Blessings,Angels and Jukejam.

Speaking of Chance, the new Assassin's Creed trailer featured the song of his mentor/lad Kanye West:

People hate it for some reason, I think it fits.