Get ready to cry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Not if I send a really hurtful letter to HHH :boss1: about that haircut :eek:tunga:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Why this is a surprise to some of you, I don't know. It has been obvious for months that WWE want to build Sheamus as the big replacement for Cena, and it's been known even longer than that that Triple H feels Sheamus is the future of the company. I also don't think 35 is too old. Assuming Sheamus retires in his mid/late 40's, he has a good decade or more left. Austin was 33 when he first became big, and the neck injury is what forced him into retirement even then (and only after he already became the biggest draw of all time.) A lot of wrestlers hit their prime within those years. Most wrestlers, even the biggest draws of all time, also don't maintain the same type of drawing power for that long, so it's not really an issue. Hogan lasted about 7-8 years before he went stale in his WWF days. It's not really an issue at all.

That said, I don't ever see (or hope to see) Sheamus as the face that carries the company. He's a WWE Champion, WHC, KOTR winner and Royal Rumble winner and has been wrestling in world title matches for nearly three years now and he still doesn't seem any closer to being the next big thing than he ever has before. I don't see why WWE doesn't just try to make someone like Ryback their next top star since Vince thinks he could be the #2 babyface of the company (behind Cena) as it is and he obviously has the cosmetic look that WWE loves.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Leo C said:
DB won't be the face because of his size/look.

I don't think WWE is in that era of using the big guys to be faces. They seem to just place whoever the fans want. I can see Daniel Bryan keeping the same persona, but since they're making it humorous they're unconsciously turning him face. Unless he is the one to break up Team Friendship (and yes I'm calling it Team Friendship, despite some idiotic twitter poll) I can see him being an anti-hero (which is what SCSA was)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd agree, but Vince is still around. Even if it is HHH who's pushing for Sheamus to be the man, Vince has given him the thumbs up. If Vince doesn't have a say in this because he's leaving soon I could see DB doing it but I don't think it'll happen for now. And Ryback, for example, whom Vince is a fan of, has the look and all. I could see him being #2 if Sheamus is the guy. But until Vince leaves I don't think we'll see a guy like DB as the face of the WWE.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I had my tears prepared before entering the thread so I didn't look weird. :urm:

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Leo C said:
I'd agree, but Vince is still around. Even if it is HHH who's pushing for Sheamus to be the man, Vince has given him the thumbs up. If Vince doesn't have a say in this because he's leaving soon I could see DB doing it but I don't think it'll happen for now. And Ryback, for example, whom Vince is a fan of, has the look and all. I could see him being #2 if Sheamus is the guy. But until Vince leaves I don't think we'll see a guy like DB as the face of the WWE.

Yeah I could see Ryback being the next top guy. His character has "it" and he does a great job with it. If we see him in some actual matches I'd be for it within another year or two. Come to think of it, that segment at the end of Raw might have been it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dat Kid From Jersey said:
Yeah I could see Ryback being the next top guy. His character has "it" and he does a great job with it. If we see him in some actual matches I'd be for it within another year or two. Come to think of it, that segment at the end of Raw might have been it.

I don't see him being the number one guy.
But maybe the same role as The Big Show.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
CM Punk said:
I don't see him being the number one guy.
But maybe the same role as The Big Show.

So you see Ryback as the next slow, lazy, irrelevant wrestler. I thought that's why we had Great Khali. :haha:

Ryback's style of wrestling makes him able to be in that contention for top guy. Just look at Bobby Lashley, who is very similar to Ryback in some instances, and he got a tremendous push before his departure.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dat Kid From Jersey said:
So you see Ryback as the next slow, lazy, irrelevant wrestler. I thought that's why we had Great Khali. :haha:

Ryback's style of wrestling makes him able to be in that contention for top guy. Just look at Bobby Lashley, who is very similar to Ryback in some instances, and he got a tremendous push before his departure.

He doesn't have the look LOOK.
Also, when I compared him to Big Show, not wrestling wise.:tough:

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
CM Punk said:
He doesn't have the look LOOK.
Also, when I compared him to Big Show, not wrestling wise.:tough:

In terms of character I don't see that happening either. :sad:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
He just needs someone to speak for him. Ryback could be huge, and will be mid-eventer for sure. IC is as good as his, but one of the top two titles requires more than just bumping your head offtempo to your music.