Get ready to cry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- With 35 year old John Cena currently dealing with back, elbow, hip and neck issues, there has been a lot of talk for months about who is the next top guy for WWE. With Vince McMahon's days likely numbered, some believe that the next top guy after Cena will be Vince's last ever hand-picked top guy.

While Cena won't be replaced as the top guy until his body breaks down or until the public tires of him, there is a feeling that you have to think about the future now as Vince has never gone with anyone older than 40 as his top guy because people think he cuts bait early and then moves on.

Vince has told both the traveling and non-traveling writing staff, as well as the RAW and SmackDown crews, that they are now to put emphasis on storylines and angles for Sheamus. The idea is that CM Punk is a heel and won't be that top guy. Plus in their minds of what "the guy" is supposed to look like, Punk doesn't fit. Triple H is also backing Sheamus because he's big enough, dedicated enough and loyal enough. At the same time, many people feel Sheamus wouldn't be right as the face of the company because of his character. Another downside to Sheamus is he's almost 35 and if they are looking at grooming the next guy for Cena's spot, they should be looking at someone who is 25 or so.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'm optimistic because Meltzer reported this but seriously if this is true I'll cry. Fuck Sheamus.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Get ready to commit suicide

Sheamus is 35 :shock:
I did not know that.

I also call BS on this. Why would Vince pick the next top someone who is the same age as John, that makes no sense...
You aught to be looking at the likes of Tyson Kidd, people like that, to be 'grooming' for the top spot.

There's no way Sheamus would draw like Cena. He's just not over enough.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Or talented enough.

Sheamus doesn't seem to have injuries though where as Cena is picking a few up recently. Sheamus' body is probably in much better shape in terms of how much it's been beaten, though he looks like a moron and has like zero cardio.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
RE: Get ready to commit suicide

Crayo said:
Or talented enough.

Sheamus doesn't seem to have injuries though where as Cena is picking a few up recently. Sheamus' body is probably in much better shape in terms of how much it's been beaten, though he looks like a moron and has like zero cardio.

That's true. People say Cena can't wrestle, but by god Sheamus is something else. :urm:

Because Sheamus hasn't had the hectic schedule Cena has for the past x years. He does look like a moron, and I probably have more cardio than him. :burns:

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Jonathan said:
Sheamus is 35 :shock:
I did not know that.

I also call BS on this. Why would Vince pick the next top someone who is the same age as John, that makes no sense...
You aught to be looking at the likes of Tyson Kidd, people like that, to be 'grooming' for the top spot.

There's no way Sheamus would draw like Cena. He's just not over enough.

Ought*

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score

Just make Daniel Bryan the star of the show and WWE will be awesome again.

Reaction score

Makes no sense. Sheamus isn't any good with the crowds. Most like myself don't even understand his accent. Anyone would easily get bored of listening to him after a minute. No way he should be the new top guy.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score

M.V.P said:
Justin Gabriel > All

:no: :no: :no:

In all seriousness, DB makes every terrible booking awesome so as soon as he is done with Kane and turns face again, he could be the future of WWE. Besides, he is what, 31? He isn't that old.

Reactions: Swift
Reaction score

DB sucks at being face. He should just stay as tweener with Kane or heel.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score

Big Hoss Rambler said:

I must say, he is a tiny bit better at being heel and makes interesting story lines although I am sure he wouldn't suck if he was made the face of the company.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Big Hoss Rambler said:

Did DB really have a chance at a major face run? I say we wait til he does before we pass off judgement.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Dat Kid From Jersey said:
Did DB really have a chance at a major face run? I say we wait til he does before we pass off judgement.

When he was first in the company he did.

Reaction score

Dat Kid From Jersey said:

Well, he was the the MITB winner and a WHC for some time before turning heel so those should count as "major face run".

After he became heel with the YES gimmick, everyone loved it. Now, I think he's a tweener with Kane and people love it even more.