Get ready to cry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
RE: Get ready to commit suicide

DB's face run was boring but it wasn't his fault. His character was too bland, he rarely got any promo time and was booked like a superman, and all of those were bad. For the rest of his face run he was pretty much a jobber. Maybe he could work as a face if given the right gimmick, but he will never be THE face of the company because of his look. Sheamus is a bad pick and it seems like something HHH would do. Sheamus has horrible cardio, is meh in the ring and as old as Cena. Plus, I (for one) don't find him entertaining on the mic or anything. So, no thanks. But then again, not really sure of someone who's under 30 and could be the future. Remember guys, they'll never pick someone who's not "big enough".

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Get ready to commit suicide

All ages are not created equal. Sheamus is a young 35, while Cena is an old as fuck 35. This is a point I always make for athletes, particularly RBs in the NFL. If a guy is 26 or 27 but has been getting 300 carries a season for 5 years, he is an old RB. But if you are a 30 year old RB who has never been a feature back, you don't have nearly as much wear on your tires.

That said, fuck Sheamus. No thank you. I can't take him seriously tbh. Not as a face, at least. I can't picture him being the face of a company... at all.

Reactions: Lockard 23

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Big Hoss Rambler said:
Well, he was the the MITB winner and a WHC for some time before turning heel so those should count as "major face run".

After he became heel with the YES gimmick, everyone loved it. Now, I think he's a tweener with Kane and people love it even more.

DB was never a face as WHC. His heel turn came when he cashed in because it exposed his character as a lying hypocrite who went back on his word.

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

This quickly turned into a "*My favourite superstar* should be face"

If WWE was smart, they'd turn Sheamus into a monster heel, CM keep him the heel he is, give Cena a break and make someone else who is younger and has more talent be the Face of the company.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score

offensive title

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score

GTI said:
This quickly turned into a "*My favourite superstar* should be face"

If WWE was smart, they'd turn Sheamus into a monster heel, CM keep him the heel he is, give Cena a break and make someone else who is younger and has more talent be the Face of the company.

Really? Just because Daniel Bryan is my favourite, it doesn't mean I can't say he should be face. Same as others. It is basically saying "HHH can't become face because Lacky has him as his favourite character" etc.

I do agree with you when it comes to Sheamus becoming a heel but it really depends on how WWE book him.

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Samalan said:
Really? Just because Daniel Bryan is my favourite, it doesn't mean I can't say he should be face. Same as others. It is basically saying "HHH can't become face because Lacky has him as his favourite character" etc.

I never said you can't say that, I agree Bryan has high potential, but usually (from previous forum experiences) Bryan marks always say that "Bryan is better than the Rock and Austin" or "Bryan is the best in the business"

Hell, I like Sheamus, but I don't want him to be the face of the company and I sure don't believe he is even IN the top 50 of all time.

But my bad for stereotyping Bryan Marks.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score

GTI said:
I never said you can't say that, I agree Bryan has high potential, but usually (from previous forum experiences) Bryan marks always say that "Bryan is better than the Rock and Austin" or "Bryan is the best in the business"

Hell, I like Sheamus, but I don't want him to be the face of the company and I sure don't believe he is even IN the top 50 of all time.

But my bad for stereotyping Bryan Marks.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way, it is Friday lmao.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Oh God no, Sheamus is embarrassing in the ring with that low cardio, is currently a lazy champion, poor on the mic, and I'm just not a fan of his in ring. They should pick someone else to be the face of the company, Sheamus won't do it good at all.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Man, I wish Meltzer would pick football games, we could make so much money off his lazy analysis and made-up bullshit...

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Big Hoss Rambler said:
Well, he was the the MITB winner and a WHC for some time before turning heel so those should count as "major face run".

After he became heel with the YES gimmick, everyone loved it. Now, I think he's a tweener with Kane and people love it even more.

Ziggler has the Smackdown MITB now. Could you honestly call that a major heel run? As for his WHC reign, it only was face for about a month if I recall. Nowhere near the proper amount of time to establish himself as a face.

I'm just saying DB is way early in his WWE career to evaluate him as a good face. Now that he has the "Yes/No" gimmick we'll have to see how that conveys to the face role.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Seems like they're going in that direction, I mean it's pretty obvious if you see how they've been booking him.

Fuck that though, Punk or Ambrose are the ones they should push to the top, not gay ass Sheamus.