Get ready to cry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
dethfvk said:
Seems like they're going in that direction, I mean it's pretty obvious if you see how they've been booking him.

Fuck that though, Punk or Ambrose are the ones they should push to the top, not gay ass Sheamus.

Punk sucks dick as a face, and from everything i know about Ambrose he isn't the type of guy you make the face of your company.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
Punk sucks dick as a face, and from everything i know about Ambrose he isn't the type of guy you make the face of your company.

I agree, but they can be rebel type/tweener faces. I mean, Stone Cold or Taker have never been BABY face type characters.
Just look at Punk last year, he was over as fuck and looked like he was taking over (before WWE completely killed his momentum) without being a baby face type character.

Leo C said:
DB won't be the face because of his size/look.

You're probably right, but it would be cool to see him as an ACTUAL underdog face.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
John wasn't originally a good guy and most agreed he did pleasantly well in his bad guy role. Form what I've seen of Dean Ambrose he makes a good bad guy in almost the same way that John did. Steve Austin is another person who played the bad guy very well. If Dean Ambrose doesn't display Punk's 'bitterness' I think he can take John's place. Of course, I see nothing wrong with Sheamus at all.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
dethfvk said:
You're probably right, but it would be cool to see him as an ACTUAL underdog face.

Oh, no, I'm not saying he can't be A face. He may be able to play that role well if given the right character/mic time and such, I'm saying they'll never make him THE face of the WWE.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well actually as a heel Stone Cold was very bad, as a tweener Stone Cold was perfect at that certain time. That was the time where being a beer drinking rebel was cool and would get good reaction, plus it fit the Attitude Era scene there. Dean Ambrose makes a great heel, I can't see them making him a face unless they wanna fuck him up completely....which wouldn't surprise me. Cena can play a heel role well, but it's more for the fact that they at least try to have Cena wrestle in matches, instead of getting beat up and then few moves and win. CM Punk's bitterness is also what makes him a good heel, heels need to be hated, that's what the heel role is, if he isn't being liked for his personality, then he's doing a good job.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Fuck Sheamus. He is not the guy to build the company around. The crowds don't respond well to 6.5 bodybuilder/bruiser style wrestlers anymore. They want good matches as well as charismatic guys, size isn't really an issue in today's business at least from a fans point of view.

Reactions: Swift and Snowman1

Farooq

Reaction score
Leo C said:
Oh, no, I'm not saying he can't be A face. He may be able to play that role well if given the right character/mic time and such, I'm saying they'll never make him THE face of the WWE.

True, he doesn't have that look that Vince likes, Vince likes big guys, look at Cena and Hogan, he likes big guys so he can advertise them easily I guess.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The GOAT Derpy said:
Well actually as a heel Stone Cold was very bad, as a tweener Stone Cold was perfect at that certain time. That was the time where being a beer drinking rebel was cool and would get good reaction, plus it fit the Attitude Era scene there. Dean Ambrose makes a great heel, I can't see them making him a face unless they wanna fuck him up completely....which wouldn't surprise me. Cena can play a heel role well, but it's more for the fact that they at least try to have Cena wrestle in matches, instead of getting beat up and then few moves and win. CM Punk's bitterness is also what makes him a good heel, heels need to be hated, that's what the heel role is, if he isn't being liked for his personality, then he's doing a good job.

He was talking about Steve Austin being able to play a heel character, during his WCW run, for example. Not that Stone Cold turning heel was a good thing or anything, but he just mentioned Steve Austin's ability to play the bad guy. He could do it, even though the Stone Cold heel run was bad because everyone still cheered.

Farooq

Reaction score
Steve Austin could play the heel role if given another gimmick I suppose..but it's to late for all that.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
No, not that. He was able to play the heel back in the day but after he took off as SCSA it wouldn't work, that's what I meant. My head's not working properly so I can't express myself correctly but it's something like that.

Farooq

Reaction score
Oh that's what I meant on first post :shock: after the heel run he had tried after becoming Stone Cold was pitiful. Nobody would boo him, and I didn't catch him as a good heel anyways.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I agree, I just wanted to add that before he became Stone Cold, during his WCW run, he could play a heel quite well.

Farooq

Reaction score
I know :obama: he also played one well during his short time in ECW when he screwed over The Sandman.