Final Four #1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• John Cena

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Steve Austin

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
God EoR, you're the biggest fucking piece of shit ever on the internet. You're not worth the oxygen and time to waste, don't drag me into fucking problems ya prick.

I voted Austin exactly to what Hoov said, the pops, the matches he can put on, they're entertaining. You're just hating because you're a Cena mark, but hey... Each to their own and if you can't respect people who voted Austin then you're just an absolute dickhead.

Isn't very good when a mod loses his cool like that?? It makes me chuckle.

I'm hardly a Cena mark, but I realise when a guy is good and guess what, Cena is good... Austin on the other hand is good but he wasn't a GOAT Champion and there's been barely anything to prove this, infact... Quite the opposite, it's just proven all the Austin voters have no valid reason other than it's not Cena and it's Austin... And this is a site designed for discussion, a mod should know that but clearly you can't have a discussion where's there's no evidence supporting your case, that is Austin is a better Champion than Cena.

No, you neg repped me because you are still butthurt. I gave my opinion that I love Austin and find him VASTLY and INFINITELY more entertaining than John Cena. You call me a mark because my opinion is that way. If I don't share the EXACT same opinion as you, then I suck ass. I was joking when I said "any other opinion is invalid" of course it's not but when you act like you've been acting in this thread then yes, it does render your opinion invalid. If anyone is the mark in this thread, it's you being a mark for Cena because ANY point brought up by us with a differing opinion is immediately blown off. John McHenry is right. It's not about length or amount of reigns. It's about who was more entertaining and Austin was more entertaining. Cena has been stale, in my honest opinion, since 2006. Austin can still walk out into an arena and get the biggest pop of the night and he hasn't wrestled a single match since 2003. If Cena stopped wrestling today and then popped up in 2019, would he get a strong reaction? Sure but would he get a monster pop from the crowd? No because, despite what the WWE would have you believe, the people who can't stand Cena outweighs the people who do and Cena isn't the draw he once was. I'm not saying he's still not worth anything, but his spot has been taken by CM Punk.

Childish you thinking I'm butthurt when this is clearly a discussion on whether Cena or Austin is better and you can't handle the fact I'm right and you are wrong... You have to convince anyone that Austin is a better champion than Cena, which is funny so you come for me as a person instead... Perhaps if you read what I've been saying is Austin is still an Overall GOAT but Cena is a better Champion by miles and you're nothing but a subjective kid, it's obvious... You are making up these random comments about Cena not as popular or gathers as many drawers as you think, well you're wrong roflol... Only a small minority of Attitude lovers and uneducated wrestling fans (Such as yourself) hate Cena, hell even experts believe Cena is a Great; you ain't a great, you can never draw in WWE ala Shawn Michaels, my case is rested on that... You might not find him entertaining but then again, you are being subjective once more, not objective, if you know the word.

In short, Cena has his spot in wrestling history, but the man who is the biggest star in wrestling history goes by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin. Yes the Attitude Era was hot because the WWE actually gave a shit and had WCW breathing down their necks, but it was just as equally influenced by the way people latched on to Austin in a way people have never done with Cena. At the end of the day, being the better champion means being more entertaining and being more beloved by the fans and, for my money and anyone else who isn't trying to be "anti-trendy" and like Cena when the cool thing is to hate Cena (an oxymoron of an oxymoron seewhatIdidthar?).

Stone Cold Steve Austin isn't the biggest star in the history of wrestling, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Rock, Ric Flair, Mil Marcasas, Dos Santos, La Parka, Giant Baba, Jumbo Tsurusta & Misawa all stake their claims to that name, especially in their own terrorities but Hulk Hogan is clearly the most obvious candidate, EVERYONE knows Hulk Hogan, more people will be familiar with The Rock than Austin now days because Rock's movie career... Again you keep back tracking on Austin and especially Cena while continiousily being subjective and idiotic, it gains nothing to say Austin is a better champion because you found him more entertaining... When it comes to quality of the reign, it's been obvious now you haven't got a clue and nothing will get through yer head.

Come back from that, try to be objective... Oh wait you can't ¬_¬.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
It's obvious we have differing opinions on what makes a true champion. You dwell on arbitrary bs while I go by what I've seen as a lifelong wrestling fan. You're not worth my time or energy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Okay I will do the right thing and instead of ranting will explain why Austin was a much better champion than Cena.

1. First of all he appeals to all ages accross the board not just kids and teenage girls, this is surly the hallmark of a great champion.

2. Second he looks like a champion, not a child like Cena and the Stone Cold character is one who connected with the person in the street in a way which Cena never could.

3. Austin has personaity and was one of the best of his era on the mic, he knew how to work a crowd and how to tell a story in a varity of different ways. Cena was entertaining as the heel rapper, but since turning face his promos have been just dire, they make him, the World title and whoever happens to be in that segment sound silly.

4. When Austin won the title for the first time it really meant something, and he had, had an natural progression from jobber, to solid midcarder (winning the IC Title along the way), to a would be main eventer to the star of the show, Cena's raise to the top was herried and far less interesting.

5. As for great feuds and matches, well Austin's feuds/matches with the likes of Dude Love, Kane, The Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock, and Chris Benoit amongst others were all top draw. Most of the good matches Cena have been involved in are with the likes of Edge, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and CM Punk who have carried him to heights he just would not have been capeble off otherwise.

Fact is ratings have been going down ever since Cena became a fall time main eventer, long time fans resent him, yes he sells a lot of T-shirts but he stops WWE from moving forward as a company. Austin outside of Hogan is the biggest name in Wrestling.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Okay I will do the right thing and instead of ranting will explain why Austin was a much better champion than Cena.

1. First of all he appeals to all ages accross the board not just kids and teenage girls, this is surly the hallmark of a great champion.

That is false to begin with when you are looking at whose a Great Champion, Misawa for example is appealing to more Japanese Audience than American but he is arguably the greatest wrestler ever and damn great Champion out drawing on the gate than Austin, that is evidence when Misawa sold the Toyko Dome, completely numerous times, Austin hasn't gotten that much in my mind.

2. Second he looks like a champion, not a child like Cena and the Stone Cold character is one who connected with the person in the street in a way which Cena never could.

Since when does it matter about the PR when you are deciding whose a Great Champion, everyone knows Hulk Hogan over Austin, Cena isn't around in the Wrestling Boom, no fault of his own, so again everyone is judging Cena due to the wrestling boom.

3. Austin has personaity and was one of the best of his era on the mic, he knew how to work a crowd and how to tell a story in a varity of different ways. Cena was entertaining as the heel rapper, but since turning face his promos have been just dire, they make him, the World title and whoever happens to be in that segment sound silly.

Actually, it's not true... Austin's greatest tool was the "WHAT!" catchphrase which the crowd lapped up, presuming we're talking about storytelling as an over all part of being a champion; Cena does it better than ANYONE, he has the ability to show empathy etc make better than Austin did, Cena was able to display emotions much better than Austin - Austin's 2001 stint with McMahon was shockingly bad tbh.

4. When Austin won the title for the first time it really meant something, and he had, had an natural progression from jobber, to solid midcarder (winning the IC Title along the way), to a would be main eventer to the star of the show, Cena's raise to the top was herried and far less interesting.

Austin's rise to the top was ummm, 2 years and less if you think about it... On the other hand, Cena's rise to the top was a 3 year progress... Now you're being selective on the facts.

5. As for great feuds and matches, well Austin's feuds/matches with the likes of Dude Love, Kane, The Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock, and Chris Benoit amongst others were all top draw. Most of the good matches Cena have been involved in are with the likes of Edge, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and CM Punk who have carried him to heights he just would not have been capeble off otherwise.

As soon as you said Angle and Edge carried him, you clearly are still uneducated on good wrestling.

Fact is ratings have been going down ever since Cena became a fall time main eventer, long time fans resent him, yes he sells a lot of T-shirts but he stops WWE from moving forward as a company. Austin outside of Hogan is the biggest name in Wrestling.

That's actually down more to the dying out of the wrestling boom, you don't have anything stable to place again Cena apart from the time he came in which is not through any fault of his own.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Comparing ratings don't make a lick of sense when you compare the times now to the times then. The internet wasn't as big then as it is now so people actually relied on watching T.V on actual T.V instead of now where you can dvr, download, stream the show. So I think that is really a mute point when trying to say who was a better champ. And saying Cena gets carried is just crazy at this point. The term being carried imo gets very overused in wrestling considering at the end of the day it takes two guys to be on the same page to make the match. The more experienced or better guy may guide the match and lead it but yeah. But anyways I just think that is a case of people putting too much stock in MOVES like usual and think the guy with the lesser amount of moves is not as good as the guy with more moves. WWE's main event style since forever has been less equals more so that when big stuff happens moves wise it means more.

As far as on the mic only time I have a problem with Cena is when he tries to be funny as it just doesn't work for me at all. But when he cuts his serious promo's the guy is as good as anyone and can put over a storyline pretty damn good IE: his stuff with Punk which was probably the best stuff of his career. And then the point about connecting with fans and Cena looking like a child that doesn't make sense when Cena's wrestling attire can be stuff he could walk out in the streets in like any normal person. Don't think you'd see a person in the street walking around in the tights Austin had on so that was kind of silly to me.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well they could walk around in black underwear like Austin but they'd be stared out and probably picked up :p

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
CENA WINS

AND THE FANS GIVE OFF A HUGE REACTION... Time for me to prove Cena is better than Hunter in the finals.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
gonna be a lotttttttttttta videos.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Okay I will respond more to EOR's points later, but just on the one about me being uneducated because I think Edge, Punk etc carried Cena, are you calling pretty much every wrestling critic out there uneducated, because they all pretty much think the same? Also don't insult me just because you don't agree with my view, at least I stated it in proper fashion, making actually points, thats all you can ask weather you agree or disagree.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The fact that Cena has made finals is a CLEAR indication that you don't have to be under 13 to like him. I'll be a Cena fan for life.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Keith, would you say Umaga carried Cena to their awesome LMS match?