Final Four #1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• John Cena

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Steve Austin

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
John Cena
John_Cena_4519e1594dded.jpg

John Cena won the WWE Title from JBL on April 3rd 2005 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Edge on January 8th 2006 at New Year’s Revolution. He won it back on January 29th 2006 at Royal Rumble. He lost the title to Rob Van Dam on June 11th 2006 at One Night Stand in an Extreme Rules Match. He won his third title from Edge on September 17th 2006 at Unforgiven in a TLC match. He vacated the title due to injury on the October 2nd 2007 ECW. He won his first World Title from Chris Jericho on November 23rd 2008 at Survivor Series. He lost the World Title to Edge on February 15th 2009 at No Way Out in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Mike Knox, and Kane. He won his second World Title from Edge on April 5th 2009 at Wrestlemania in a Triple Threat Match also involving The Big Show. He lost the title back to Edge on April 26th 2009 at Backlash in a Last Man Standing Match. He won his fourth WWE title from Randy Orton on September 13th 2009 at Breaking Point in an I Quit Match. He lost the title back on October 4th 2009 at Hell in a Cell in a Hell in a Cell Match. He won it back on October 25th 2009 at Bragging Rights on a 60 Minute Anything Goes Iron Man Match. He lost the title to Sheamus on December 13th 2009 at TLC in a Tables Match. He won it back on February 21st 2010 at Elimination Chamber in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Triple H, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase and Kofi Kingston. He lost the title to Batista immediately afterword. He won the title back on Match 28th 2010 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Sheamus on June 20th 2010 at Fatal 4-Way in a match also involving Edge and Randy Orton. He won his 8th title from The Miz on May 1st 2011 at Extreme Rules in a Triple Threat Steel Cage Matrch also involving John Morrison. He lost the title to CM Punk on July 17th 2011 at Money in The Bank. He won his 9th WWE title from Rey Mysterio on the july 25th 2011 Raw making him a co-champion with Punk. He lost the title to Punk in a unification match on August 14th 2011 at Money in The Bank. He won his 10th WWE title from Alberto Del Rio on September 18th 2011 at Night of Champions. He lost the title back on October 2nd 2011 at Hell in a Cell in a triple threat Hell in a Cell Match also involving CM Punk.

Steve Austin
Steve+Austin+Wrestlemania+14.jpg

Steve Austin won the WWE title from Shawn Michaels on March 29th 1998 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kane in a First Blood Match on June 28th 1998 at King of The Ring. He won it back the next night on Raw. He lost the title when pinned simultaneously by Kane and The Undertaker on September 27th 1998 at Breakdown: In Your House. He won his third WWE title from The Rock on March 28th 1999 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to The Undertaker on May 23rd 1999 at Over The Edge with the McMahons as the special Guest Referees. He won the title back on June 28th 1999 on Raw. He lost the title to Mankind in a Triple Threat match also involving Triple H with Jesse Ventura as Special Guest Referee on August 22nd 1999 at Summerslam. He won his fifth WWE title from The Rock on April 1st 2001 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kurt Angle on September 23rd 2001 at Unforgiven. He won the title back on October 8th 2001 on Raw. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Really....

This is the Semi-Final? Austin versus Cena, what the hell, how do you choose from either? This should be final, it's far too much of a close call; both men define their era but Austin never had a completely solid straight up title run whereas Cena had the 2006 to 2007 title run which possibly had the best exciting title matches of this era, hell Cena even made HBK and Khali look good, only match which was terrible to my knowledge was Unforgiven 2007 Orton vs Cena.

Cena gets my vote.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'll go Austin as I feel he had a slightly larger impact on the business as a whole. It was close though as Cena's first half dozen reigns were very good. Quadrants lined up this way for the semi's it is what it is.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Not even close, are you freaking kidding me? Mr. PG vs the man who single-handedly changed the business and saved it? The greatest of all-time vs. A big fat bowl of fruity pebbles? Stone Cold for the win. Any other opinion is invalid.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Stone Cold easily here.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Cena easily here for me.

I'll stand strong by my boy, and thats Cena. All you Attitude marks can stand by Austin, but I still feel no one had a greater impact in wrestling, ever, then Cena. Only person that can argue that is Hogan. Sorry Austin.

Zen

Reaction score
Not even close, are you freaking kidding me?

What an incredibly stupid thing to say! Even if you are inclined to vote for Austin, to deny that Cena isn't on an equal footing, or to deny Cena's influence(for all intents and purposes, much like Austin was the top star of his era, Cena is this era's top star) is again, incredibly mind boggling and stupid.

Mr. PG vs the man who single-handedly changed the business and saved it?

An even more puzzling statement to make. Austin did NOT "single-handedly" save the WWF.

The greatest of all-time vs. A big fat bowl of fruity pebbles? Stone Cold for the win. Any other opinion is invalid.

With such poorly supported views such as the ones you have(especially puzzling ones that *require* support), you, sir, are in no position at all to be telling other people what "valid" and "invalid" opinions are.

-----

EofR said:
Really....

This is the Semi-Final? Austin versus Cena, what the hell, how do you choose from either? This should be final, it's far too much of a close call

Agreed. I am really torn about this match-up, so I will be voting later.

---

Tapout said:
I'll stand strong by my boy, and thats Cena. All you Attitude marks can stand by Austin, but I still feel no one had a greater impact in wrestling, ever, then Cena. Only person that can argue that is Hogan. Sorry Austin.

Cena gets far too much irrational hate on the internet, and I rather like him and appreciate his objective and subjective value. I have been a rather stringent defender of his for years, so I definetely understand where you are coming from, but he isn't the most influential wrestler ever. He is the most influential active wrestler today, perhaps, and easily one of the most influential wrestlers ever but he isn't at the top of that list yet. To be on the list, itself, is something quite special, but he isn't at the the top or near the top yet.

You are forgetting people like Flair, Bruno, Gorgeous George(the most influential wrestler ever), Vince McMahon, Austin, Rocky, Dusty Rhodes, Andre, Misawa, Giant Baba etc. -- just to name an assortment of names off the top of my head.

I digress, though, Cena is still fucking great -- that much is undeniable at this point, and he has made his name on the GOAT(Greatest of ALL time) list, the only question now is how high he will end up on there.

Last edited:

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Not even close, are you freaking kidding me? Mr. PG vs the man who single-handedly changed the business and saved it? The greatest of all-time vs. A big fat bowl of fruity pebbles? Stone Cold for the win. Any other opinion is invalid.

Actually, it's your opinion that's invalid, blind markism for the Attitude Era, almost makes your thoughts laughable, wait it is laughable. Austin's rise to the top could be considered fluky, with Triple H's head on a plater over the entire MSG incident, he lost his push and Austin was replacement and began Austin's original push, meanwhile nWo was busy revolutionalizing the industry on WCW, by the time Austin began to build up steam, WCW same old tricks was causing them to lose ratings, allowing the events of Montreal Screwjob and the Evil McMahon character to take over and push Austin to stardom; over all it's questionable whether Austin saved the industry himself OR that it was just a collumation of events and Austin was in the right place at the ring time.

All be it, this about the Greatest Champion of all time, Austin's reigns while important were never clear cut, infact I don't think any of his reigns were extremely noteable, his first had the best series of matches, noting that his main foe during that time was Mick Foley, who wrestled TWO fantastic matches but Austin constantly lost the title and regained it and his only truly solid run was his 2001 run which was entertaining but quite lacklustre in the ring, where exactly does that make him the greatest champion?

Cena, "Mr. PG" actually has by far the strongest single reign of the two, his 2006 to 2007 reign, where he managed to create EXTREMELY entertaining and well worked matches out Umaga, Shawn Michaels, Great Khali and Randy Orton, hell his battle against Bobby Lashley had that epic 80s clash of the titans feel to it, and yes he's had twice as many reigns as Austin but Cena has been the biggest draw of his era and most interesting, there was no clear cut overness to Cena but his reign as top draw has been roughly six years, where as Austin had two to three... Cena has been the main draw for so long, whereas Austin had the likes of Taker, Rock, Hunter & Foley proving they can draw as well Austin when called upon, Cena has proved to be the TOP drawer by miles in the current climit and still securing a strong raw rating.

Austin was indeed a very important part to WWF back in the 90s but a lot of it came down to a chain of events, Cena has maintained his dominance far longer AND has a much more solid and entertaining title ran than Austin.

On that, it's hard to think of how Austin beat Flair, who had 12 good years on top as a top draw and a top champion, Hulk had roughly ten years then you gotta look across the seas to Misawa who had an epic 14 to 15 years as the dogs bullocks and top draw in Japan, the man is a bigger wrestling Icon than Austin, Kobashi had roughly ten years on top as well...

Baring in mind, Austin doesn't actually compared in the ring to Ric Flair, especially Flair's matches as champion was superb, Misawa and Kobashi also had the BEST matches ever witnessed over Austin in the ring, Ric Flair's only buyable competition as the top TOP GOAT in the ring is Misawa, and even then it's a tough call to presume Flair would be knocked off the perch as the man, but Austin doesn't even have a shout in as the top man... He only had three years at the top and possibly the weakest in the ring compared to Flair and Misawa who are the guys you really have to equal.

So if you bold but foolish Attitude Marks/ Cena haters wanna even attempt to prove Austin is a better GOAT than Cena or a better champion, you can bring it...

Last edited:

Gotcha b*tch

Reaction score
Rock should be in the final 4. This is an easy vote-Austin.

Cena isn't actually that good, he has been shoved down our throats and driven many viewers away. All because Vince is so stubborn and once he decides somebody is going to be at the top, he won't back down. Austin was worthy of being there. Cena shows up every week and still gets booed, that's because the Rock is way more entertaining and genuine. Cena acts like some fine upstanding hero-citizen. But he says the best way to solve issues is to get in the ring and fight. I know it's wrestling and all the others involved are the same, but the others don't go on about make a wish and all that stuff. Having some soldier saint shoved down our throats at the top of the company is lame. Hopefully Rock destroys him at WM 28.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I like Austin better than Cena here but when it comes to title reigns Austin was always the better chaser to me than champion. Cena love it or hate it made/makes 4 a perfect champ in the sense of you either really want him to lose or really want him to win. Either way you're watching with some kind of interest. Not to mention Cena had matches during his reign that were great to classic matches while for the most part Austin's classics were usually non title or he was the challenger.

Gotcha b*tch

Reaction score
If they made Vickie Guerrero world champ everybody would be desperate for her to lose, wouldn't make her a good champ. Oh well, at least Cena has a better finisher than CM Punk (not Punk's fault btw).

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Whose more entertaining ...Austin.
Whose the more rounded wrestler...Austin

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If they made Vickie Guerrero world champ everybody would be desperate for her to lose, wouldn't make her a good champ. Oh well, at least Cena has a better finisher than CM Punk (not Punk's fault btw).
That's obviously not the only reason why I think Cena has been a great champion as it wasn't the only reason I gave not to mention I said just as many people wanted/want to seem him win so that comparison didn't make any sense.

Deuce

Reaction score
Voted for Steve Austin, yes Cena is a role model champion but in reality, Stone Cold was the way better champ.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Noone has yet to prove Austin was a 'better champion' where exactly was Austin a better champion?

o_O...