Euro 2012 predictions/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Holland need a miracle to avoid going out in the group stage, since they lost to Germany 2-1.

They need to beat Portugal and hope Germany beats Denmark and that the goal difference works in their favor.

I liked Mario Gomez's 2nd goal. Van Persie's goal was good too. But Germany definitely deserved the win as Holland were poor again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Germany were class last night, was suprised it was so one sided. Gomez's second is the goal of the Euros so far IMO. It seems like Holland only woke up to the fact that they needed a result when it was almost too late.

tjScarbi

Reaction score
Gomez was class, the Dutch were poor. This tournament will be a lesson to them.

Turning attention to tonight, I really think that Ireland can scrape a draw against the Spaniards..

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sadly you could not have been more wrong. Men against boys it was.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Indeed, obviously it's easy to say now speaking in hindsight but I would never ever have suggested that the Irish would get anything out of the game other than a good old fashioned spanking.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
That Croatia-Italy game was pretty incredible. I don't know how that game doesn't get more publicity. It seems like people just talk about that joke of a team Ireland and England. I'm pulling for England but Ireland is a joke and very fortunate to be there. If they didn't draw Estonia, they would have lost to a Bosina or Montenegro.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
That Croatia-Italy game was pretty incredible. I don't know how that game doesn't get more publicity. It seems like people just talk about that joke of a team Ireland and England. I'm pulling for England but Ireland is a joke and very fortunate to be there. If they didn't draw Estonia, they would have lost to a Bosina or Montenegro.
Blame the stupid press, even as an England fan myself I'm getting sick of all the buzz over them.

Pete

Reaction score
Why can I not give two shits about these Euros? I'm usually a pretty big footy fan. I guess I was spoiled by the Euros and WCs of my youth - you know, the really exciting ones? I nearly had a heart attack at the end of Holland-Brazil in France '98, and I remember Portugal's epic comeback and reversal against England on Euro 2000. Now THOSE were great games. Nowadays, it seems most games are just snoozefests.

Besides, the team I should be pulling for (Portugal) absolutely sucks, and England's not much better. No way I'm going to root for Germany or those cocky wankers, Spain.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Nerve jangling, but a much needed victory for us which leaves us just needing to avoid defeat in the last game against Ukraine to guarantee at least 2nd spot.

Terrible defending for both the goals we conceded, but Roy got most of his decisions right with getting 2 goals from his strikers and Theo changing the game when he came on.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Walcott played a blinder.

Gonna have a nice selection problem now Rooney is back but Welbeck/Carroll both scored.

If Milner plays the next game instead of Theo I will hunt Hodgson down and kidnap his family.

Aniking

Reaction score
I may have disagreed with your criticism of Milner, Cork, and still do, but based off everything I've read about the game, it'd be a terrible decision to have Milner start over Walcott against Ukraine. Walcott had a huge impact and deserves to start.

Hodgson has a bit of a headache deciding whether to drop Welbeck or Carroll for Rooney seeing how both scored. I'd drop Carroll because Welbeck has started twice, played well, and his partnership with Rooney is the first choice for Man Utd. Of course the disadvantage with that is losing Carroll's height, but it's a necessary risk to take.

Sweden have confirmed reports that they were aware of all of England's tactics prior to the game, which included who would mark who at set pieces. Coincidentally Sweden's two goals came from set pieces, so there's some big controversy there.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Why can I not give two shits about these Euros? I'm usually a pretty big footy fan. I guess I was spoiled by the Euros and WCs of my youth - you know, the really exciting ones? I nearly had a heart attack at the end of Holland-Brazil in France '98, and I remember Portugal's epic comeback and reversal against England on Euro 2000. Now THOSE were great games. Nowadays, it seems most games are just snoozefests.

Besides, the team I should be pulling for (Portugal) absolutely sucks, and England's not much better. No way I'm going to root for Germany or those cocky wankers, Spain.

Dude wtf are you on about? Apart from France - Ukraine, I haven't seen a game that hasn't been entertaining and exciting...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Blame the stupid press, even as an England fan myself I'm getting sick of all the buzz over them.

But there has been very little buzz, that is the point everyone has been making, but then again maybe the lack of buzz is the buzz?

This is England fans at contrasting moments last night, first of all following Melberg's second for Sweden, "Thats it we are done, we are going home early from the Euros!" but then after Welbecks winner, "HODGSON'S A GENUIS! WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE WHOLE THING! ITS COMIN' HOME, ITS COMIN' HOME, ITS COMIN' FOOTBALLS COMIN' HOME!" Cracking night.

As for Ireland they did well just to get to the Euros and have been punching above their weight for awhile now, they were always going to get found out against the better sides. The sad thing is the lack of passion and silly mistakes which cost them espically in the first match.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm going to rant a bit right now for the haters of the Euro Cup. The Euro Cup is going strong and I really have to say that this has been an incredible tourney. Some people may think its dull because their has been a lack of must watch goals. That may true but have you seen how many goals have been scored? Other than Portugal versus Germany which was a decent game full of energy, what game has ended 1-0? The tournament has been so good that not one team has fully qualified for the tournament. Germany and Russia seem likely to go through but even they are capable of not qualifying if they lose to their respective opponents. Only two of the sixteen teams have been completely eliminated in Ireland and Sweden. Both A & B groups still have all four teams battling for spots which makes for some great drama going into today's game and tomorrow. Group C and D will still have plenty of drama as well so for me this has been a great start to the Euro Cup. If you disagree well then I don't think you know the sport because the games have delivered goals and it has delivered close games to the very end. This tournament blows everything away so far since World Cup in 06.