Euro 2012 predictions/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think what has happened is that maybe Spain reliase coming in that teams might have figured out how to play against them now, so they decided to mix it up a bit more and learn how to win ugly. Fair play to them, but I still think they will have to up their game if they are going to win the final.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
So Germany are out of Euro 2012.

The final on Sunday will be Spain vs Italy

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hopefully Italy.

Balotelli's second goal was sickkkkkkk.

Buffon looked a bit dodgy though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That was pretty much a perfect Italy performance the work rate was superb, and they played as a team from back to front and this time Mario did have the cutting edge he lacked against England. Germany looked devoid of ideas and were sloppy at the back. Guess this young side are still that little bit short.

I too smell an upset in the final.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
My prediction for Sunday is...The Uncommon One: The Euro Draft Pipe Bomb

Spain 2 Italy 1 Extra Time- A risky prediction especially since Italy's back four looks rock solid and Spain is struggling to score. I think Italy will get caught on the counter at one point and it could cost them. Despite that I do think Italy is too good to be shut out so I expect Balotelli or possibly Cassano scoring. These teams are too even for this game to be finished in regular time so it will eventually go into extra time. Italy's inexperience in the back four will make a massive mistake which will lead to Spain winning their third champion in six years which is really scary to think about it. I'm rooting for Italy because I'm sick of Spain and I think most people are starting to get that feeling. Its pretty interesting that this is a Group C rematch which goes to show you what group was the true group of death. I think that can be argued especially with how good Croatia played. I'm excited for Sunday regardless even though I'm not a fan of either team. I live in an Italian neighborhood so I'm going to dread all the cars being driven around with the Italian flags. Not to mention, the Italian fan base is among the worst with most people not knowing half the players on their team. It really annoys me but that's sports for you. The bandwagon grows and grows which is the case here. I got a surprise for the game since I'm going to be with a lot of Italians. If you live in my area and if Italy wins, I'll be around for the parade but I'm going to wear something that will either make you love me more for my attitude or really hate me more.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Why is everyone getting scared of Spain anyway? We beat them in a friendly and there defense atm sucks. I'd prefer to face Spain over Italy who have a solid defense and can be dangerous in attack when Ballotelli steps it up.

Opps! Not your finest moment there Prodigy lol.

I think Spain had a point to prove last night, they were fired up and determined to make history. This maybe the greatest international side ever. As for this tournament they had a new game plan and it worked to perfection.

Italy did well to reach the final and maybe in another tournament or two it will be their time, but they were no where near Spain's level.

Spain for 2014 world cup then?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Opps! Not your finest moment there Prodigy lol.

I think Spain had a point to prove last night, they were fired up and determined to make history. This maybe the greatest international side ever. As for this tournament they had a new game plan and it worked to perfection.

Italy did well to reach the final and maybe in another tournament or two it will be their time, but they were no where near Spain's level.

Spain for 2014 world cup then?

Lol damn I was wrong. Nah, I think this may be Spain's last tournament win for a while. I think they will make the Semi Final next year but I've got Germany and Brazil as my early pick.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But really they show no sign of slowing down and they have such strength in depth, also like any great side they replace players just at the right time when they start getting past it. Of course the likes of Germany and Italy will be stronger again in the World Cup, but once again I think Spain will be the team to beat.