Edge injured at WWE house show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DENNIN

Reaction score
A lot of positive things can come from this though. Chris Jericho can now take his spot as the top heel. And the main event scene is going to get shaken up for sure. With some new faces getting pushed hopefully.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Sheeit. Boo hoo bout his injury! This just means when he returns they'll throw him in some World title contention and he'll be a 10 time champ!

Hope Adam gets better but fuck Edge, mostly the writers that can't push anyone else into the World title picture.

the dark knight

btw i can almost bet he holds record for number of world titles one in 4 years...

Airfixx

:roll:

This sucks, but leaves me questioning why they decided to put the belts on Edge/Jericho to start with.

*Legacy REALLY needed the rub from those belts.
*I read numerous reports saying that the tag title win was a way of keeping Edge away from the ME and reducing his workload in light of nagging injuries.
*Now they're having to 'botch' the belts onto Rhodes & Dibiase anyway.

...Perhaps they should have taken Edge's injuries a little more seriously to start with???

Now what we got?

Soon to have a pair of DISPUTABLE undisputed champs and, as mentioned above, a rushed return for Taker.

MJ807

Reaction score
This sucks I was going to SD next week and the main event was Jericho and Edge vs. Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio in a Steel Cage Match. They better replace it with something good.

Airfixx

Jericho and Edge vs. Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio in a Steel Cage Match.

Hell; defo the best way to protect the physical fitness of Edge, don't ya think? :roll:

(If he's up to cage matches, then why bother pulling him away from the ME scene in the first place?)

Airfixx

Indeed. I'm not one to mindlessly accept every wrestling rumour I read, but on this occasion, joining the dots, it makes sense to me...

Long before this tag title angle, it had been widely reported that Edge needed a 'heeling break' and I'd guess what with Taker & HBK seemingly being ahead in the vacation 'queue' post-WM, Batista's & Cena's repeat injurys, the E's having to sell the Orton punts on Batista, HHH & the Mac's there just hasn't been a window for it since he returned in late 2007. Add to that the fact that Edge has bearly been seen in the ring so far during these tag matches and I think there's some truth to it all....

I don't say it was necessarily a bad idea on paper when you consider they can rock the mic accross all 3 brands and needn't work weekly matches, but they (seemingly... to me at least) blew it by un-necessarily billing him at house shows (S'not like Rey v Jericho having a meaningful match is any less of a MEvent).

The Rated R CMStar

I don't think the report is legit. The ONLY time the word "banged up" has come up from Edge's mouth is when speaking how he felt after the Ladder Match with Jeff Hardy, and those reports have been coming practically before Wrestlemania.

Besides, let me remind you WWE did took the injury serious. Edge was for the span of a week if not more out of every house show. People are trying to read too much into a freak accident. And then of course the web sites are jumping in joy as they can link this injury to their bogus reports.

Soulpower

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/10773900?cid=2009EP-00

WWE Unified Tag Team Champion Edge suffered a tear to his Achilles tendon last Friday, July 3, during a WWE live event in San Diego. Edge's opponent was the man with whom he has traded the WWE Championship, Jeff Hardy.

Almost immediately after the bout started, Edge was in his corner when Hardy charged toward him. After attempting to leapfrog Hardy, Edge crumbled to the canvas. Hardy was backed off by the referee, who checked repeatedly with Edge before summoning WWE doctors and athletic trainers and instructing ring announcer Justin Roberts that because Edge could not continue, Jeff Hardy was the winner of the match via forfeit. WWE referees, athletic trainers and doctors then helped Edge to the back as he could bear no weight on his left ankle.

Edge arrived at Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center at St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham, Ala., this morning to surgically repair the torn Achilles tendon in his left ankle. Dr. James Andrews currently has Edge's operation scheduled for 10 a.m. ET. Dr. Andrews has previously performed surgeries on WWE Superstars Batista, Triple H, John Cena, Rey Mysterio and many others. Andrews also consulted on NFL quarterback Tom Brady after his third knee surgery and most recently worked with Brett Favre for his possible return to the NFL.

WWE.com will attempt to have comments from both Dr. Andrews and Edge later today, including a timeline for Edge's return to the ring.

WWE.com will also investigate how this injury will affect the status of the Unified Tag Team Titles, as well as Edge & Chris Jericho's scheduled match with Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase at Night of Champions.

It took them a bit, but they finally acknowledged Edge's injury.

Qwake

I think they should find a temp replacement (DOLPH) to team with Jericho until Edge has returned or someting along those lines. Would be good.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
instructing ring announcer Justin Roberts that because Edge could not continue, Jeff Hardy was the winner of the match via forfeit.

Really? Nah he supermanned that shit and won the match. *rolls eyes*

The Rated R CMStar

It wouldn't be the first time a worker wrestles through injury, so I don't see irony fitting on this situation