Edge injured at WWE house show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Last night at a WWE house show in San Diego, Edge was injured in a match with Jeff Hardy. About 5-minutes into the match, Edge went down with what looks to be a torn Achilles tendon. The injury looked to come off of him simply planting his foot wrong. The match was immediately stopped, and EMT's came to the ring to help Edge, who apologized to the fans before being taken to the back.

If the injury is a torn Achilles tendon, it will require surgery and a long recovery time. WWE is currently looking for a way to get the tag titles onto Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. The company is also looking at footage shot for this week's Smackdown, to see if there is a spot in the footage where they can claim the injury took place, if the torn Achilles tendon is the actual injury.

Credit: Wrestingobserver.com

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/109258/Edge-Injured-At-WWE-House-Show.htm

Awww, man!

PeepShow

Well FUCK

The company is also looking at footage shot for this week's Smackdown, to see if there is a spot in the footage where they can claim the injury took place, if the torn Achilles tendon is the actual injury.

Why couldn't they just say he tore it at a live event? I don't see what would be wrong with that. Heaven forbid they actually say something believable than rush to put something together that may look and sound completely ridiculous.

-TJ-

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CT Styles

Damn, the Jericho/Edge teaming looked kind of promising. He'll return in a few months time, be inserted into a world title match in the dying seconds and reclaim the gold for a month.

Come on, we all know it'll happen.

1chiban

Reaction score
Man, that sucks. Well at least it clears the way for Punk to be number 1 heel I suppose. Although he'll be behind Jericho in my eyes :D

Evil Austin

ye it will probably happen at around Survivor Series or something (edt/ at CT)
I just hate the fact that he will be now a ten time champion.... seriously I like Edge and all but it is getting to much with these predictable run ins in teh last second. He will be a ten time champion and within three years that is a hell of a lot, peole complain about Triple H who is a 13 time champion but that is for what 11 years? in 8 years time when Edge will be 11 years in the main event, at this rate he will be a 20+ time champion....

PeepShow

Hopefully when he returns, it's as a face and he goes after Punk. Either that, or go after Morrison who wants the World Title.

the dark knight

seriously, am i the only one who's not at all surprised?

King Of Kings

Reaction score
source: ewrestingnews.com

We can now confirm that the Edge ankle injury is a torn Achilles heel tendon. This is a very serious injury that could keep him out of the ring until next year.

WWE is going to have to figure out a plan to move the Unified Tag titles off of Edge and Chris Jericho within the next few days.

this is a really huge loss

-TJ-

^fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The soon to be greatest team is over :(

King Of Kings

Reaction score
^fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The soon to be greatest team is over :(

Yea it fucking sucks it was such a great team. Smackdown without edge isnt gonna be the same for me. I basicly watch for edge and jericho.