Edge injured at WWE house show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Edge is the best heel on Smackdown! and one of the show's main stars, this is terrible news but at the same time one has to wonder how long Edge was going to keep working. I've read in so many interviews with him, that he's badly hurting right now and that he would like some time off. All those reports of him being hurt lead me to believe that this was inevitable.

xtremebadass

My mind wanders, but I am already thinking Edge will make his return in the Rumble and win, because he still hasn't won the Rumble.

Or they could turn him face and have him feud with Y2J when he returns.

Call me crazy, but either one or both of those things might happen.

This sucks big time for Edge and SD, this could mean a Taker comeback sooner than later.

the dark knight

My mind wanders, but I am already thinking Edge will make his return in the Rumble and win, because he still hasn't won the Rumble.
if its indeed a torn achillis tendon then its IMPOSSIBLE for him to get back at or before the rumble. he'd be extremely lucky if he made it back before mania.

Travis40

Nobody has even mentioned Legacy!

Sucks that Edge is injured though...at least DiBiase and Rhodes will get the Tag Titles again

xtremebadass

if its indeed a torn achillis tendon then its IMPOSSIBLE for him to get back at or before the rumble. he'd be extremely lucky if he made it back before mania.

Well I took into conideration the previous injuries of Orton, Batista, even Cena's bad neck injury, they all came back earlier than expected, but I heard of this sort of injury in hockey and football, it could get pretty serious, but I don't think he'll be gone that long.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Man, FUCK! My aunt recovered from hers in under 5 months, and Edge is in much better shape, so I'm sure he could push that same time frame. If they wanna be safe, it may take a bit longer. Also, he'll probably get other surgeries he might need if reports are true, and those will be after this one... so it may take longer.

I don't think he was ready for his vacation yet though. I doubt he'd have apologized to the fans if that was the case. Now Jericho will have to be thrust into some bullshit angle where he complains about how he got robbed and set up for an Edge face return :( to shut Jericho up. But Priceless getting the belts = a positive. Still hoping they do the Million Dollar Belts with them...

seX-Power

Lucky the next week is already taped. Maybe the week after they could run an angle where Jericho turns on and beats down Edge for a random reason, setting up for a face return. Also, fuck Legacy and give either the Hart Dynasty or Cryme Tyme a run with the tag titles.

Reaction score
He won't be gone long because WWE practically demands you return to secure your spot, which leads to more injuries, someone needs to take action and save wrestlers bodies and minds, at least have an offseason!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Dude... FREAK ACCIDENT. Not worn down so bad that he couldn't help but get injured.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Also, fuck Legacy and give either the Hart Dynasty or Cryme Tyme a run with the tag titles.

I have to agree with this, don't want to see Legacy with the titles again. I'm gonna miss Edge on SD, I was really liking the team with Jericho.

Qwake

What terrible timing, if the injury happened before they won the titles then they could have just moved what they had planned for Edge and Jericho to a later date but it happened right after they won the belts which sucks. I'd be giving Jericho a few weeks rest right now, as I also read somewhere that he was worn down after competing in two matches at the Bash, wouldn't want him to get injured along with Edge!

Should be interesting to see what they do, hopefully once Edge returns he's in another program with Jericho in some way.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
What terrible timing, if the injury happened before they won the titles then they could have just moved what they had planned for Edge and Jericho to a later date but it happened right after they won the belts which sucks. I'd be giving Jericho a few weeks rest right now, as I also read somewhere that he was worn down after competing in two matches at the Bash, wouldn't want him to get injured along with Edge!

Should be interesting to see what they do, hopefully once Edge returns he's in another program with Jericho in some way.

Yea he said he could barley walk

Flyin'Styles

Reaction score
Figures right when WWE does something good in the tag division it gets screwed up, at least they have the cop out of Hart Dynasty and Cryme Time kind of fueding so they could just make that a title match at NOC

noumenon

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? I mean not that fact that he's injured... I wouldn't wish that on Edge..lol.
Just the fact that he's going to be gone for a while. Everyone said Edge was getting stale for so long now. Maybe some time away from the ring would really be good for him. Besides, Smackdown has Jericho and Punk to fill Edge's heel void so it's really not a huge deal. Perhaps we'll see a fresh rejuvenated Edge make his return and truly appreciate what we missed.