ECW 1999 Hardcore TV, PPV'S & TNN Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
So why was Francine with Dreamet when everyone knew he was with beulah?

be prepared for Raven/Dreamer misunderstanding angles.
because she's a leech or because that one Douglas promo when he called Tommy the next "FRANCHISE" I guess that comes with Francine? idk maybe if ECW kept WCW and WWF dicks out their mouths and focused on their own product we would get answers.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Francine was sucking Tommy for paydays....irl.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
In ECW, he may as well have been Leo Dicaprio then

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Taz
ECW Television Champion: Rob Van Dam
ECW Tag Team Champions: Tommy Dreamer & Raven

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 332
September 4th, 1999
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

LATE BREAKING NEWS: Raven Returns To ECW.

Joey Styles is in the ring and welcomes us to the show; he says we’re 2 weeks away from Anarchy Rules live on PPV :lmao ECW are so bad at promoting PPV’s. He says his guest at this time will defend the ECW World Championship…….He brings out Taz. Styles says FMW has sent Masato Tanaka to challenge him for the title :mark: Taz says Tanaka is one bad motherfucker. He says we’ve seen him take those hard chair shots to his hard head, Taz says he’s gonna need that hard head because he’s gonna dump him on his fucking head. And then when he's done, he's gonna hook on the most feared hold in the business and he's going to tap out. He's not a 50-year-old champion wearing gold and red, or yellow and black, or shriveled up wrestling for his ego. You see, brotha this isn’t 1989 it’s the year 2000 :hm: And I’m not a guy that has to come out here with a chick, six foot two FAKE tits hanging out saying you’re a wold champion. TAZ then challenges Triple H :lmaolmao Oh this is hilarious considering what happens in the future :lmao He says he remembers his roots, BROOKLYN NEW YORK! AND THE OTHER SOUGH PHILLY! Taz says he has been here for 6 years he’s watched everyone come through that door and leave over and over again. But I’m still here, then you got boys in the back refusing to work with Taz because he’s stiff brotha, well guess what. Tanaka ain’t gonna go fucking bitch to Paul E. He tells a fan to shut the fuck up and says he will beat the living shit out of him. I’LL TELL YOU WHAT IT’S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE I GET MY HANDS ON TANAKA! BEAT ME IF YOU CAN, SURIVIE IF I LET YOU!

Video airs of Raven/Tommy’s first one-on-one match.

Video airs of Tommy piledriving Beulah.

Axl Rotten vs. Balls Mahoney
This is exactly what you would think a Balls/Axl match would be like. They proceed to beat the shit out of one another and get really gross with it. Axl grabs a pair of fucking scissors from a fan in the front row and begins stabbing and slicing Balls forehead with it WHAT THE FUCK!?! They both roll back into the ring and brags steel chairs. But New Jacks’ music hits and he comes out to make this a 3-way dance.

1WZUZLt.gif

Axl Rotten vs. Balls Mahoney vs. New Jack
Jack pulls out a spike and begins stabbing both men because yeah, ECW. Back from a commercial and Balls hits a the Nutcracker suite and pins Jack :lmao Balls challenges Axl and takes 3 unprotected chair shots from Axl which only knock him down to his knees. The forth knocks him down but only gets a 2, Axl yells at him to say down as the crowd chair for tables so Axl places a trashcan on Balls head and nails him with the chair for the win. They hug after the match.

Video airing of Stevie and Raven beating up Luna and Tommy, then Raven breaking Tommy’s fingers.

Video of Beulah's “pregnancy” announcement.

Video of Tommy finally pinning Raven at the ECW Arena in Philly.

Steve Corino and Tajiri are in the ring, Corino says someone here is the most overrated wrestler of all time and a pathetic excuse for a man, AND HE'S TALKING ABOUT YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI. NO. Tajiri just raises his arm up, not understanding English :lmao Corino says he promised the people and the world that he would defeat Taz and bring him the World Heavyweight Title, and he failed. Corino yells that he hates Chinese food and there's too much MSG in his food, so that makes him still hungry. He also hates the starch in his shirts and they've ruined convenience stores too so he can’t even get a fresh sandwich. Tajiri claps and cheers so Corino yells “I HATE YOU” and slaps him. Rhino and Jack Victory come to protect Corino, and Super Crazy comes in. SUDDENLY! Tajiri kicks Crazy in his head, IT’S A SET UP :mark: They bury him under the Japanese flag and Corino now says the greatest wrestlers come from Japan and the worst wrestlers come from Mexico. They go to leave, but Crazy is back up and dives on them off the top turnbuckle and then the bell rings.

Super Crazy vs. Tajiri
Like 4 minutes, it’s fine. I’m gonna continue blowing Tajiri because he is GOD! He spits at Hawaiian shirt, straw hat guy which makes him my favorite ECW wrestler of all time now all I need is for him to push Green Lantern fan and he’ll be top 5 all time. Not much to write about after that, it’s the usual same dives, spots, kicks, and counters. Super Crazy hits a Spiral Bomb for the win. **1/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Remember when Vince was wondering why he put Trips over Tazz on Smackdown to help out ECW on the Rise and Fall documentary? The more you know :hhh5:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Wrestling on TNN: Episode 3
September 10th, 1999
Queens, New York

The show opens with Ravens return from last week.

Rhino vs. Super Crazy
Very fun match, Crazy goes to the stick and move game by using his speed, Rhino has some real fun power moves and counters into power offense, but it’s mostly a Crazy showcase. Joel speaks in Spanish for the majority of the match to pop himself. Rhino goes for his Powerbomb, but Crazy blocks into a Huracanrana for the win. After the match; Corino runs down and yells at Rhino until Rhino backs him into a corner. As Crazy is about to leave, Rhino calls him back in for a handshake and as he’s about to do it Rhino hits him with a powerbomb. Corino and Rhino celebrate. **1/4

Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome From Heat Wave ’98 airs in full.

ECW Television Championship: Jerry Lynn vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
This is probably the peak of their matches, I may personally think their matches haven’t aged well, but I will give them insane amounts of credit because they have chemistry and they’ve added these really cool innovative and complicated sequences that I don’t know if any two can pull off. I really liked that Lynn is so desperate to win that he’s just willing to throw his body in harm's way willing to pay the price in the morning just to be a champion. They continue the I’ve got a counter, for that counter to which you’ve got a counter for that, but I too have a counter for that counters. And so on. They also know each other's signature moves so both men have to bust out new stuff to gain the advantage and then they can go into their normal moveset. HOLY SHIT! They even mad that god awful RVD dropkick with a chair shot look authentic for once, Fonzie interferes plenty which kinda puts over his fear that Lynn could and might be the one to beat RVD. Lynn delivered his own version of the Van Daminator in the middle of the ring for a nearfall, he comes right back with a tornado DDT off the top for another two. God fuckin’ dammit they ruin everything by doing that roll pin sequence before both men hit running clotheslines knocking both men down. Suddenly, the Impact Players run down and attack both men. Lance hits Lynn with his own Cradle Piledriver as Credible hits the That’s Incredible on RVD. Lance grabs the mic and says’s we’re the once that close the show because we are the IMPACT PLAYERS! Joey criticizes the Impact Players for ruining six years of giving the fans actual winners or losers :lmaolmao:lmao Match was pretty fun tho. ***1/4

Joey Styles says next week it will be RVD/Lynn IV, there must be a winner. Also we hear from Raven for the first time since he left WCW.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Does hardcore TV even matter after the TNN show begins?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Does hardcore TV even matter after the TNN show begins?
sure if we're keeping count for how many Crazy/Tajiri matches take place in one year. But other than that probably not.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 333
September 11th, 1999

Danny Doring, Roadkill & Ms. Congeniality vs. Chris Chetti, Nova, & Jazz
Ha, NO! Not tonight, not any night.

Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka
This took place back in Queens, July 11th, 1998. This is fuckin; great, it’s hard hitting and stiff, it’s a great first match/under the radar match. Tanaka hits a cool springboard clotheslineing to the apron, but Awesome outshines him with his leaping plancha over the top minutes later. They brawl on the floor, and Awesome casually murders him with chair shots. Back in Mike continues to nail Tanaka with chair shots, but that pisses him off who makes his comeback hitting some tremendous stiff elbows, he hits the tornado DDT but Mike kicks out at the very last second. Mike hits the awesomebomb on the chair, but this time Tanaka kicks out a two. He then heads to the top and connects with a splash for two. They botch an AwesomeEdge?/The Razors Edge, as Mike just drops him, but he manages to hit it on the 2nd try. Mike then sets up a table on the floor, he goes for the Awesomebomb but Tanaka slips out and delivers more elbows, and he finally hits the roaring elbow for the win. After the match; Mike is pissed so he AWESOMEBOMBS Tanaka through the table. ***

n4KQNh2.gif

They relay Raven’s return again, Joey says he doesn’t think Raven forgave the Dudleyz for breaking Beulah’s neck, so this might have been a receipt for that. Tommy Dreamer has his first ECW Championship, but he has to share it with the guy he hates more than anybody else in the world.

Hardcore TV Exclusive: So after the Dudleyz/Dreamer match, The Dudleyz raise Tommy’s hand and strap the belt around him.

kYEy8ol.gif

Tommy Dreamer and Francine come out, Francine’s cleavage is looking super perky tonight. Tommy grabs the mic and says, he's supposed to come out here and do something but something is bothering him so he wants to speak his mind. He says at ECW's first ever pay-per-view Barely Legal, the power went out five seconds after the show ended. People at TNN didn't want to take the chance of that happening again, and Paul E promised TNN that he'd get backup generators. TNN then said the fans in Philadelphia are a little bit spoiled and they see a lot and the fans in New York are better :lmao FUCK YEAH! TNN. Tommy says he was born in New York and he lives in New York, but he made a career in Philadelphia. He says the ECW Fucking Arena should be on TNN, he says to forget about this civil war because they're all the best, but it's time to get on with business. He says this is not a retirement angle, he's legitimately suffering from two herniated discs in his back, and tonight he's finally going to make a decision. Suddenly, Steve Corino and Rhino come out. Corino says he has quite a dilemma. The fans chant “Shut the fuck up” so Corino responds by saying no wonder there's no TNN taping in this craphole :lmao Now Dreamer he has 2 decisions. Tommy cannot defend his half of the World Tag Team Titles and disappoint everyone, but he won't do that because he's just as big a mark as they are. Or he can risk his life and career and defend the titles and his people will be happy. He says he's got a better solution for him and says he might like this. But here’s a better solution, Tommy lay down I won’t even hook your leg because I don’t want to injure your back. And then I will defend your half of the titles. Which allows you to go off and be a cripple. Tommy goes to DDT Corino but Rhino clotheslines Dreamer….AND CORINO CLOTHESLINES Francine. Jack Victory comes in with a trash can and the bell rings. Corino hits Tommy with the trash can, Jack then brings barbed wire in. They wraps Tommy in barbed wire and Corino is about to hit Dreamer with a chair but Raven makes the save, he hits Rhino with a DDT at the same time Dreamer hits Jack with one, they cover simultaneously for the win.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mike Awesome was the reason I watched ECW back then. Thought he was the shit.

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Wrestling on TNN: Episode 4
September 17th, 1999

The show opens with the ending from Hardcore TV. Rave kicks Tommy’s fat ass before giving him both belts, he then leaves to celebrate with the fans. Just like in Queens.

Backstage: Cyrus is with Bill Alfonse, Cyrus says the BAN ON SABU HAS BEEN LIFTED! Cyrus says Sabu will face Justin Credible at Anarchy Rulz PPV. Fonzie says Justin’s life is in danger and payback is a bitch, and payback will be him getting his ass kicked straight to hell. Sabu appears on the screen and mean mugs the camera.

PN News is in the ring, he rips the Philly fans and says Philly sucks. Yo Baby, Yo Baby, Yo Baby, YO!

PN News vs. Little Spike Dudley
Typical Spike giant match, he avoids a splash, low blow and finishes him off with an acid drop.

An ambulance is outside and Joey yells that there's been some kind of an “incident”

Tajiri vs. Super Crazy from Hardcore TV 332 airs.

Raven is in a park at night time: He says for 2 and a half years Tommy Dreamer and I fought in an epic battle and a friendship based on love, and a hate based on love. you scarred my face and battered me unmercifully AND HE TOOK MY GIRL! But the one thing he could never do was beat him and he always pinned him for two and a half years. But Tommy finally graduated after two and a half years and he gave Tommy his victory. For two and a half years I stayed away from ECW, but your ECW career lost its meaning and purpose. Your relationship with Beulah lost its foundation. He says the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. But he exists. And he's going to be Tommy's own personal demon because he's already been crucified for Tommy's sins. Quote the Raven. Nevermore.

Lance Storm and Dawn Marie come down to the ring, Joey then tells Jerry Lynn is the one in the ambulance and Lance Storm is taking the shot. Wait, wouldn’t you show the beating or 2 just postpone the match? Lance pearl harbors RVD during his entrance, fuck yeah. he hits him in the head with a steel chair but as he taunts RVD hits this amazing stiff jumping side kick from the top rope. Suddenly, Justin Credible runs down and attacks RVD for hey look at this another no contest 8D Lynn makes the save, but Johnny Smith runs down and attacks RVD and Jerry Lynn. All 3 beat down RVD and Lynn as Styles reminds us all that Credible, Storm, and Smith all have connections to the Hart Family.

d5jv9Wh.gif

Back from a commercial, RVD is in the ring and tells Lynn to wait. He says he feels just like the people pissed. He says when these people pay to watch RVD, and he wants to give the people their money's worth so he calls Lynn over and says to let him kick his ass some more tonight. Lynn says he can barely stand but he can’t stand that he doesn’t have that belt around his waist either. So he accepts.

ECW Television Championship: Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso) vs. Jerry Lynn
Damn this was really good too, but I’ll give it a pass because “attacked before the match by the Impact players” it’s still better than that piece of shit hardcore heaven match. I don’t know why they even bother doing a Lynn injury angle if he doesn’t even sell it or why even bother wasting bandages on him? I liked that RVD’s offense was all targeted to the injured chest/ribs of RVD, granted most of his moves are targeted towards that to soften up the frog splash. Lynn takes a great bump off the apron through the table on the floor and this is the best selling I’ve ever seen from him, and it’s not just him touching his chest. They tease the match being stopped and Lynn being helped to the back. The fans begin clapping, and that gives Lynn his 2nd wind :lmao He blocked some of RVD's big moves and had some really great near falls. The fans are firmly behind Lynn now, holy shit, they even do a rolling pin sequence that I like. RVD goes for a desperation small package for two, as Lynn rolls and gets his own two off it. RVD tries to grab the ropes but Lynn pulls him back with a school boy for two. RVD kicks him off to where Fonzie is who nails him with a chair. RVD misses the frog splash and Lynn cradles him for the beat near fall of the year. RVD hits the Van daminatior and covers for the win. They shake hands after the match. ***

rpmCih1.gif

Anarchy Rulz HYPE
RVD/Johnny Smith – TV title :lmao
Lynn/Storm
Crazy/Tajiri/Gudio
Credible/Sabu
Taz/TANAKA
Corino & ??? vs. Dreamer/Raven

THIS SUNDAY!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 334
September 18th, 1999

Bill Alfonso says Credible might have gotten Sabu banned, but he’s back and will kick his ass. And everyone that bought the PPV will see the biggest ass kicking anyone has ever seen. Justin Credible's gonna get a beating deserving of that ban by the most suicidal, homicidal, genocidal athlete in the world today. The most violent man in wrestling.

The Impact Players are in a gym, Lance says Smith is gonna give RVD a wrestling lesson of his lifetime, he will beat up Lynn just like last year, and even though Sabu’s ban is lifted it just takes him out of the frying pan and into the fire. Credible says he is scared and afraid for his life…but you know what happens when you take an animal and back it in a corner, I’m gonna rip your heart out. And you will learn why we are the Impact Players.

Justin Credible video package because HE IS OUR FUTURE!!!!!!

The Raven promo in the classroom from January '95 airs.

10-minute video airs on all the different Dreamer/Raven moments from their feud.

Dudley vs. Dreamer/Raven from Queens airs in full.

The Lance/RVD, then RVD/Lynn angle, match from TNN airs in full.

The finish of Tanaka/Awesome from Heat Wave airs.

Joey then gives a rundown of the Anarchy Rulz PPV.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Anarchy Rulz
September 19th, 1999
Villa Park, Illinois

Earlier Today, Steven Prazak is waiting outside the building when Tanaka pulls up. He tries to interview him when Judge Jeff Jones in the car behind Tanaka gets out and yells at him for parking in front of him. Jeff says he doesn’t care if Tanaka is the #1 contender, he says there are plenty of guys in the US that deserve title shots before him. Tanaka slams his head off the hood of the car and leaves. JEFF SAYS TONIGHT! TANAKA YOU COMMITTED A CRIME AND TONIGHT YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE, AND THAT PRICE WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!:mark:

Joey Styles and Cyrus are in the ring, Joey welcomes us to the show. They do their little back and forth before Styles plugs the PPV name.

Lance Storm (w/Dawn Marie) vs. Jerry Lynn
Lynn still has his ribs bandaged up, I really liked the mat/counter wrestling to start, it’s clearly carried by Lance because Lynn is never good at it or RVD is so piss poor at it that he makes Lynn look even worse either way. Lance is GOAT! Lance quickly targets the ribs by hot-shotting him onto the top rope, he then refuses to work the fucking ribs after and goes after Lynn’s head. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?!?!?! moves are all super crisp and the counters are all awesome, but the logic is fucking atrocious, Lynn has this giant fucking bullseye on his ribs, that YOU, YOU did when you “attacked” Lynn at a taping recently. This allows Lynn to no sell like normal and goes into his bag of tricks of dives and shit that should hurt your ribs even more but because it’s Jerry Lynn he acts like nothing is wrong at all. PPV isn’t off to a good start at all. Oh and now they go into the fuckin rolling pin sequence smh. Lance gets a desperation inverted DDT for two, before getting a chair from Dawn. Lance sets it up in the corner but Lynn sends him into with whip, Lance no sells and crotches him up top. Lynn counters with a sunset flip powerbomb and rolls through with the cover but Dawn throws a chair at the ref to break up the cover. Dawn continues to interfere whenever Lance gets into trouble, After 14 fucking minutes FINALLY! Lance goes back to the ribs by sending him into the ring post. They go back and forth for about a minute until Lance knees him in the ribs and cradles him for the win. So in a 16-minute match, Lance targets the ribs for a minute 30 and Lynn sells them for about a minute. Great fuckin job guys. **1/2

No, no, no I’m not watching anything that involves Simond Diamond, Jazz, Tom Marquez, Chris Chetti, Nova, Tony DeVito, Danny Doring, Roadkill. However, I will watch NEW JACK! Come out and beat the shit out of all of them and jobbers like CW Anderson, Vito, Rod Price and Spanish Angel. He leaves with Nova for some reason, HEYMAN DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE PAIR JACK WITH NOVA! I SWEAR!

Three-Way-Dance: Little Guido (w/Big Sal E. Graziano) Tajiri vs. Super Crazy
This is really good, the majority is all 3 just going at each other not a lot of 1-1 with the other on the floor. Everything is really crisp and smooth, it’s like a blend of all the 69 past matches we’ve seen before just blended into this. Sal gets involved to give Guido his control period for a bit over both men. Crazy does his beautiful top rope Asi Moonsault to the crowd taking out both men, Sal then gets back on the apron so Crazy hits him with a springboard dropkick knocking him off and through the time keeps table taking him out. Thankfully, Crazy hits Guido with a top rope moonsault after a Tajiri dropkick eliminating him. Fuck yeah, Tajiri/Crazy for 4 minutes. Granted, it’s the usual spots, counters, and dives but still better than anything else so far on this card. The match ends when Crazy goes for the 3 moonsaults but Tajiri gets his knees up after the second, he hits him with a Buzzsaw Kick followed by a Basement Dropkick, and the Brainbuster for the win. ***

OHO069j.gif

Backstage: Steve Corino, Jack Victory, and Rhino are outside a locker room. Corino says on Friday night it was announced that he had a mystery tag team. He says that tag team was going to be the ICP from Monday nights and they used to hang out with Raven, but on Friday their manager called ECW and when they found out they were going to wrestle Raven and Tommy Dreamer, they refused to come because they knew they were going to lose. So like the great man and great mind that he is, he's going to give the people a title match. Tommy Dreamer and Raven will wrestle HE AND HIS MAN RHINO!

Justin Credible comes out and says everybody knows Sabu has been reinstated….but, being an impact player I always got something up my sleeve. Jason pulls out a document, it’s a restraining order. He says this order prevents Sabu from getting in this ring or this building, he then asks the ref to raise his hand and make him the winner. The ref says Credible has a legal.DOCUMENT! But tonight there is no rules, Bob Artese goes to announce the match so Credible canes him in the head. The lights go out, and SABU IS IN THE RING!

Justin Credible (w/Jason) vs. Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
So this is good, surprising they have chemistry. I know. Granted it’s pretty much both men allowing the other to get their shit in on the other before the other takes over. SABU busts out a new dive, it’s the double jump to the crowd but instead of the plancha, he somersaults over. Sabu has no regard for Credible body here, he busting out all these different variations of his dives. Justin gets busted off when he goes through one of the tables frontwards. I think he’s split open above the eye in the eyebrow so it’s jut flowing. Credible tries to slow Sabu down by locking in a camel clutch, it goes nowhere. Jason tries to get involved so Sabu takes him out. He goes for the double jump leg drop but Credible breaks it up with a cane shot to Sabu’s injured mid-section. They have a fight over a Tombstone, and Credible hits one but Sabu kicks out at the very last second, Fonzie slides a chair in and it accidentally hits Sabu in the head :lmao Credible picks him up and hits another on a chair for the win. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Are you kidding me, they build all this up, just to have Sabu lose in his returning match:lmaolmao This push is insane, he still yet to comeuppance or recipe. **3/4 - ***

eDjXRbu.gif

Masato Tanaka and Taz come out for the World Championship match. Taz gets the “You Sold Out” chants. Before the bell rings though Taz grabs the mic and calls someone in the crowd over. IT’S MIKE AWESOME WITH JUDGE JEFF JONES! Taz says his beef was with him, but it’s also with him NOW! He tells Heyman to let him go. He tells Heyman if he lets that big goof go he will choke him out. Heyman grabs the mic and says if he really wants to fight two men, TAZ SAYS YES! So Heyman agrees.

Three-Way Dance for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Masato Tanaka vs. Taz vs. Mike Awesome (w/Judge Jeff Jones)
Tanaka dives onto Awesome on the floor as the bell rings, Taz watches on as they beat on another. They smarten up and go after Taz. They team up but that only goes so far, as Taz dumps both men on their heads at times. Tanaka hits Taz with a roaring elbow and Awesome goes up top and hits him with a frog splash, both men cover Taz and Taz is eliminated. HOLY SHIT! Huge shocker. All the jobbers and lower class talent come out, not you spike you’re great at times. They all give him a standing ovation as he watches on from the catwalk. Tanaka/Awesome then proceed to give us the stiff/violent shit that I missed. Awesome controls for a bit, he gets a two off a sit-down awesomebomb, he sets up a table on the floor but when he goes for the powerbomb Tanaka slides down and they brawl on the floor. He does the running chair shot and follows up with a tornado DDT on the rampway. He does it again this time in the ring onto two chairs, but Awesome kicks out. HOLY SHIT! Tanaka places a chair onto awesome face, he then climbs up top and dives off with his own chair onto the chair. But again Awesome kicks out. They battle for position and Awesome powerbomb Tanaka through the table on the floor. He rolls him back in and hits an Alabama slam followed by a splash, BUT TANAKA KICKS OUT! Awesome nails Tanaka 3 times with a steel chair, but Tanaka refuses to stay down, great series of near falls until Awesome comes off the top with a chair to the head, Jeff brings in a table and Awesome finishes him off with a Powerbomb off the top through a table for the win. After the match; Taz hands Awesome the world championship, and raises his hand before leaving. On the ramp, he and Heyman hug. Back in the ring, Awesome and Tanaka shake hands. Taz gets a standing O and his name chanted but he points at Awesome and the crowd chant for “AWESOME” Joey yells THERE'S A NEW KING OF ECW…..AND HE IS AWESOME! ***1/4

0kbSxSn.gif
SypYaUg.gif
L3qQvZx.gif

Joel “I’m here in Chicago at Anarchy Rulz, and some pretty young thing watches at home and drools, and I know she’s got the skills and I know she’s got the tools to give an oral message to my family jewels” Gertner comes out. He brings out Tommy Dreamer and Francine for an interview. Gertner says he has a certain amount of loathing and dislike for him, but also some respect, and asks about the titles and his back injury. Tommy says he was at Wrigley Field last night and saw Sammy Sosa hit #60 and as sick as this may sound, there's a reason why Sammy goes out and performs because the people pay for his salary. He says he's sick and tired of listening to doctors telling him what he needs to do, call me old fashion, I don’t need explosions or pyro or any of that glitzy shit. I’m Tommy Dreamer, I need to sweat, bleed, and innovate some violence in Chicago tonight. Steve Corino, Rhino, and Jack Victory come out and Corino says Dreamer wants to please all of you stupid people, if you wanna bleed I’ll make you bleed. RHINO GO GET HIM!

ECW World Tag Team Championship: Tommy Dreamer & Raven (w/Francine) vs. Steve Corino & Rhino (w/Jack Victory)
Raven doesn’t come out, Tommy gets the better in the early going as Francine hits Jack with a chair. The tide turns when Rhino hits his sweet spinebuster. Corino begins introducing weapons so Francine tries to get involved. Rhino powerslams her, he goes to piledrive Tommy but Raven runs out and DDT’s Rhino. Victory is in and hammers away at Ravn in the corner, Corino goes at Tommy in the other corner. Corino tries to get both men to fight but that backfires and Dreamer and Raven hit stereo DDT’s for the win. After the match; some geek called Man-Child along with two fat fucks come out and stares down Raven. Joey gives them names but no fucks are given, Raven walks past Dreamer and gives him the finger before leaving with the geeks. Angle fuckery.

Axl Rotten is in the ring, he says they saw a new World Heavyweight Champion in Mike Awesome. He says he's not the best "worker" in the business but he can bleed like a bitch and he's letting it be known that he's calling out Mike Awesome for the first title shot. He asks if he's got the balls, comes out so he can go extreme on his ass. The Impact Platers come out instead, Lance says he can appreciate him wanting to make his mark, but this PPV belongs to the Impact Players. They're already two for two and his friend Johnny Smith will make it three for three. Lance says to rescind that challenge or they'll do it for him so he attacks them. Balls Mahoney and Spike Dudley come out to save. SPIKE GIVES DAWN MARIE THE ACID DROP! Balls hen comes in and chases off Lance and Credible, so Balls nails Smith with a chair shot. Axl says we ain’t going out like this and RVD is short of an opponent, Axl says let's prove to the wrestling world why WE ARE THE WHOLE FUCKING SHOW! Axl yells for RVD to prove he’s the fucking show against Balls.

ECW Television Championship: Balls Mahoney (w/Axl Rotten) vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
So many things wrong with this, 1. No way this should have been 20 minutes, and I like this pairing it’s really good, but 20 minutes C’MON! Also, why was this the Main Event? Did people actually buy Balls ever beating RVD for the title, even if this is a “did not prepare for Balls, but for Smith” but I’m pretty sure RVD has beaten him in every one-on-one match since 1997? And they recently just had a match like 2 months ago, how much has Balls changed? With all the negative aside, like I said I like this pairing, Balls gets to show off his wrestling skill and power offense, while RVD gets to showcase his bumping and high flying offense to take the bigger man down. Balls busts out some “RVD adjace” moves like a spinning heel kicks that knocks he and RVD over the top and to the floor. They brawl into the crowd where RVD hits a Van Damninator which busts Balls open, RVD then goes back into the ring and brings back the somersault plancha into the crowd that helped him against Bam Bam when he won the title but also Sabu used earlier. Back in the ring, Balls slowers the pace and begins wearing down RVD with holds. He begins getting cocky and uses RVD’s own Five Star Frog Splash against RVD but only gets a two. Balls has RVD beat with a brutal chair shot to the head, but Fonzie jumped into the ring and broke up the cover with a chair shot to Balls. This distraction allows RVD to climb to the top rope. As Balls turns around while holding a chair RVD comes flying off the top with a Van Daminator but only gets a two count. RVD heads up top for a Five Star Frog Splash which connects and RVD covers for the win. ***

AZ2oXq1.gif

This is the best ECW PPV so far, congratulations ECW finally something I might refer to someone. Also RIP Taz

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Mike Awesome

ECW Wrestling on TNN: Episode 5
September 24th, 1999
Buffalo, New York

Joey Styles and Joel “The ladies call me Fred Flinstone because I make their bedrock” Gertner are in the ring, Joey brings out Francine and Tommy Dreamer. Joey asks Tommy how his back is, but thankfully Gertner cuts him off and says who cares about his back if he can’t work hang it up. He then moves on to Francine and says he knows Francine thinks she brings a lot to the table as the Queen of Extreme, but he knows a girl in the back who is much better than her, who is pure and chaste and virginal. She’s not 150 pounds of silicone like you, and she's seen 850 less hotel room ceilings...She is, Miss Congeniality. She comes out with Doring and Roadkill, Francine and Congeniality get into a cat fight as the bell rings. So this isn’t an intergender tag match, this is for the Tag Tiles :lmaolmao

ECW Tag Team Championships: Tommy Dreamer & Raven (w/Francine) vs. Danny Doring & Roadkill
They do stuff for about a minute, Raven runs out and DDT’s Roadkill and Tommy DDT’s Danny for the win. Raven gives Tommy the belt as he tries to get up, before kicking him in the head before leaving.

After the intro, Tommy is still in the ring and calls out Raven. Raven comes back out but turns around leaves.

Highlights from the PPV airs, BLAH!

Little Guido (w/Big Sal E. Graziano) vs. Super Crazy
The Same match we’ve gotten all year, I’m too tired to give a shit. Crazy hits a Tajiri like brainbuster for the win, because he clearly wants Tajiri and not this loser. After the match; Sal jumps Crazy which brings out Little Spike Dudley for his 20-second giant killa match.

In the ring, The Impact Players have attacked Jerry Lynn, but RVD runs out to save. Johnny Smith comes out to help the Players and it’s a 3-2. Suddenly, the lights go out. SABU IS ON THE RING! He takes out the Players and gets in RVD’s face when Lynn attacks Sabu they begin brawling until the Players get back up and beat them down again. Fonzie stops RVD and Sabu from fighting, and RVD accidentally hits Sabu, so Sabu hits him back before turning his attention to Credible and taking him out with a double jump leg drop to the floor.

We cut back to Joel Gertner and Joey Styles until the mute Styles points back to the ring, oh yeah Styles has lost his voice since the PPV so Joel has been calling the show himself. Another random brawl in the ring with all the jobbers from the PPV, New Jack comes out and beats them all up again.

The show ends with Taz handing over the ECW World title over toe Mike Awesome. The king is dead and the new king of the extreme is AWESOME!