ECW 1999 Hardcore TV, PPV'S & TNN Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Taz
ECW Television Champion: Rob Van Dam
ECW Tag Team Champions: The Dudley Boyz

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 318
May 29th, 1999
Detroit, Michigan

Backstage: Cyrus is with some big titty woman, he says he wants to help the woman, so he gives her some advice by saying Paul, is a fitness fanatic and he loves when people come early to the show and starts jogging. She does it and her TITS are almost falling out of her top. He gets her to run the stairs.

Joey Styles says tonight RVD will defend the ECW TV title and Balls/Axl are getting a tag title shot.

Backstage: Axl says Detroit is one of those hard-working towns, just like them and they’ve been trying to get the job done for years. But tonight they are bringing those belts home because they are sick and tired of the Dudleyz, it’s our time. He says if they don't win, they'll bring the violence to the next TV tapings in Dalton. Joey says if they don't win, they'll fight each other at the next TV taping in Dalton, GA.

ECW Television Championship: Spike Dudley vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
God bless 90’s and early 2000’s when the title was always on the line, just to pad title defense stats. Like what did SVK or even Spike done this year in 1999 to even get a title shot? This is a fine RVD showing, I guess because this was in Michigan they decided to RVD show out against I don’t wanna say a worthy opponent but someone the crowd loves instead of last week when it was super competitive against a jobber. Fuckin’ ECW, man. Spike’s bumping is a ton of fun, as usual, it’s nice to see him in lengthy match getting to wrestle instead of dick kick, acid drop 1,2,3. Or he just gets obliterated against the Dudleyz with weapons. But yeah, Spike takes all of RVD’s moves in and out of the ring with little fight. RVD is back to his super cocky, flashy as fuck moves, I did like almost everytime RVD got a little too cocky Spike would quickly roll him up for a near fall. Good stuff. RVD hits the Five Star Frog Splash for the win. **1/2

Before the match, Lance gets on the mic and says the fans are not seeing anything tonight. He says he was in a good mood and is only up the road from his home. CANADA! He says on a personal note, he knows Lynn is at home and it watching. Lance says he owes him one. Joey says that after Lynn’s PPV match, Lance drove Lynn to the hospital so he thinks Lynn owes him one now. WHAT A HEEL!

I also should mention during the ring introductions, the ring announcer announces Beulah as Dawn Marie now, but the graphic still says, Beulah. I’m just gonna call her Beulah until Lance or she confirms the name change or ECW beats it into me.

Lance Storm (w/Beulah McBytch) vs. Chris Chetti
Fine Lance showcase, Lance is Lance and Chetti doesn’t stink up the joint so it’s a win for him. They do stuff for a few minutes until Lance hits a spin kick off the top for the win. *3/4

Owen Hart 1965 – 1999:mjcry

The Dudleyz and Joel are in the ring. Joel Gertner gets on the mic and has this ridiculous full face cast on, and can't see, so Sign Guy has to turn him toward the hard cam :lmao He says it is I Joel “I may look like a mummy, but your girlfriend thinks my dick is yummy” Gertner. He then introduces the Dudleyz, I just realized big dick Dudley hasn’t been around for months. I should see what happen.

Axl and Balls come out, Axl says he wants a Detroit street fight, he doesn’t want the match stopped for anything and falls count anywhere.

Detroit Street Fight for the ECW Tag Team Championships: The Dudley Boyz (w/Joel Gertner & Sign-Guy Dudley) vs. Axl Rotten & Balls MaMahoney
This is the usual, but this time they add the crowd brawl, it’s shit. ECW has been sucking a lot with crowd brawls this year. They get good back in the ring, but immediately jump into the finishing stretch, Axl is cuffed to the ropes in the corner, as Balls hits the Nutcracker Suite on both Buh Buh and D-Von but Joel gets in the ring to distract him, Sign-Guy gets in and hits him with a sign, but as he’s taunting Balls puts lighter fluid in his mouth, he barely avoids the fire mouth as he dives out of the ring. That allows the Dudleyz to recover and beat him up, D-Von then puts thumbtacks on a table, and Buh Buh ups him but setting the table on fire. They powerbomb Balls through it and cover him for the win.

ogjckVA.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You're catching up to Lance Storm and Cyrus's podcast reviewing.

Cyrus brought in the girl so he can get a rat, and the chick thought he got her booked :lmao

Balls was such a mark after the fiery table spot he was telling guys he only loses to super moves now because he's the guy who goes through fire.

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 319
June 5th, 1999
Detroit, Michigan

Replay of the Dudleyz putting Balls through the flaming table that had thumbtacks on it.

In the parking lot; Cyrus finds Steve Corino, but Corino says he doesn't want any more heat. Corino has a Taz shirt on to suck up. Cyrus says he’s now the director of talent relations. And he wants to give Steve credit for jumping off the Candido bandwagon. Corino says he's a huge Taz mark and he should be his protégé and shave his head and do moves he can't pronounce. Cyrus says Taz isn't even here tonight and Corino says he was going to take him to school tonight. Cyrus says Paul wants to see him, so Corino yells that he's getting a push and walks off. Taz then arrives and makes Cyrus and the camera man get in the car. Taz says he sees what his deal is, stirring the pot and stooging stuff off. Taz says he needs someone to tell him who's talking about him behind his back and they can work together. Cyrus says he should hear Corino talk and Taz drops him back off at the arena. Cyrus gets out and Taz calls him a stupid son of a bitch, behind his back.

Little Guido (w/Big Sal E. Graziano) vs. Nova
For some reason Heyman keeps running with this feud and having it on TV, no one cares. Thankfully this is like 3-4 minutes. Nova pretty much dominates, but Sal keeps interfering giving Guido control back. The match ends when Sal puts Nova through a table allowing Guido to lock in the Sicilian Crab for the win. Guido won’t let go of the hold after the match, so Tajiri comes out and kills Guido and Sal with kicks. Poor Tajiri. *1/2

Backstage: Steve Corino has a bunch of Taz stickers and is putting it on his suitcase and boots. Cyrus comes up to him and says Taz isn’t here, and seeing how Taz isn’t here he should start doing Taz’s moves; he won’t see this for another month. He says he's Taz tonight, and Corino then puts a towel on his head and does Taz's pose and says “FTW, BROTHA” Cyrus says to go get himself over tonight.

Super Crazy vs. TAKA Michinoku
Real good showcase by both men, they mesh really well together. This isn’t as spot or dive heavy as the previous matches, TAKA works the midsection/chest, but sadly it gets no sold and Crazy just goes right into his stuff. He’s super aggressive here; I don’t wanna say toned down or held back. But it’s just a nice change up from going a million miles an hour and letting the moves breathe. It’s like that first match in a feud where neither guy bust’s out everything, they tease it but don’t hit as they’re saving it for the later matches. They speed it up towards the end until Craze counters the Michinoku Driver into a crossed armed powerbomb for the win. **3/4

Backstage: Cyrus is on the phone, but music is playing over it so we can’t hear him.

Steve Corino comes to Taz’s music.

Steve Corino vs. Tom Marquez
Angle match, it goes a minute long or so. Corino does a T-Bone Suplex and does Taz's pose. In the back, Cyrus tells Taz, and he comes out to the ring. Tom just leaves and Corino cowers in the corner, he yells to not kill him and he meant no disrespect. He pleads for his life and says he has a wife and child, Corino says his appendix is hurt again. He says his best friend will kick his ass for that title now, Chris Candido then comes out.

Candido says Taz is nothing but a cheeky backstabber, he knows Candido came out to cut a fun promo. Also, he had to keep his eye on Tammy because Buh Buh was eyeing her up. He says there’s no way he can beat him, and he was at WrestleMania. He says he wants another match with the title on the line tonight, Taz accepts.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Taz vs. Chris Candido (w/Steve Corino)
Before the bell, Taz nails Candido with the world title belt before beating the shit out of him in and out of the ring for 2 minutes. Taz throws Candido around a bunch, before making him tap to the Tazmission.

Backstage: Taz tells Cyrus good job for stooging I’m mean, telling me. Heyman says good match and he tells Heyman Cyrus is a stupid son of a bitch, Taz leaves and the camera goes back to Cyrus who then calls Taz a “stupid son of a bitch” Joey asks if maybe Corino is the mastermind.

Justin Credible and Jason come out; Justin grabs the mic and says he came here for one reason only, he ran Sid out of town at the PPV and he came to this piece of crap burned down city to face the nephew of the great legendary Sheik, Sabu. He came here to kick Sabu’s ass, but since Sabu is banned he won’t be able to appear. He says the next time Sabu gets in his face, he'll show him what extreme is all about, but he's too much of a pussy to show up. Some black dude in an ECW ref outfit comes out and says Detroit is NOT honoring the ban on Sabu because Detroit is NOT New York. AND SABU COMES OUT! FUCK YEAH! They do the intros but more referees come out and Jim Molineaux says this match can't happen and Sabu is still banned. Sabu hits a ref and puts him through a table on the floor, and then Sabu and Credible get pulled apart……………SID THEN COMES OUT to end the show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 320
June 12th, 1999
Dalton, Georgia

Recap of the Corino/Taz/Cyrus angle.

ECW Heat Wave ’99 – July 18th @ Dayton, Ohio

We then get 20 minutes of highlights of Heat Wave 1998, way to kill time.

El Mosco De LA Merced vs. TAKA Michinoku
This is pretty much a TAKA showcase, Mosco got a couple of shots and moves in but this is Evil TAKA being a dick. TAKA hits the Michinoku Driver for the win. **

On the phone; Lance says Tommy is right; he (Lance) is the better man. He beat Tommy at his own game; he says Dreamer should enjoy his time off. And as for Jerry Lynn, it’s good that he’s back in the ring already. He’s a great athlete and probably the best athlete in this sport besides he and Justin Credible, and he wishes him luck and says he owes him one.

Gertner Vision: Buh Buh says she didn’t go to the hotel room with you because she’s 300 pounds and white and D-Von looks up for those types of woman, D-Von says that was the agreement. Gertner makes some noises. And Buh Buh says Live Bait, D-Von says you can’t say that. Sign-Guy says can’t you see he’s talking about Balls? Buh Buh jumps up thinking he’s talking about his balls, but Sign-Guy says, Balls Mahoney. Buh Buh says no one cares about him, but Sign Guy says he’s along in the other dressing room. Buh Buh calls him a drunk, D-Von says he has no partner………..so they go find him.

Balls is in the shower and Buh Buh asks how are we gonna get him, so D-Von says give me some soap. Buh Buh goes UUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!:lmao D-Von says his eyes. Put it in his eyes and blind him, Buh Buh says Balls doesn't even use soap. Gertner then pulls out used soap and hands it to D-Von. They fool Balls into thinking this is an interview so when Balls get out Buh Buh hits him with a chair. Buh Buh then asks we didn’t even get paid, Sign-Guy says he enjoyed that so much that he hands him $2 and gives D-Von an American Express card.

On the phone; Lance says he can’t believe all the TV time the Dudleyz are getting, he says they can’t even beat Justin and Himself.

Jerry Lynn vs. Tony DeVito (w/”Time Keeping Icon” Bill Wiles)
Fun little match, DeVito smartly targets the head, but fuckin Lynn no sells it or even acts like he never had to leave the PPV early out of fear of a cracked skull. I swear man; this fucking guy doesn’t get it. Tony plays the super arrogant cocky youngster, its fine, Lynn allows him to do stuff before making a comeback and hitting the Cradle Piledriver for the win. **

Backstage: RVD is waiting for Jerry as he comes back through the certain; he says that was a hell of a match. And says it’s good to have him back, RVD says he thought Lynn was out cold. Lynn says funny, I thought the same thing when he powerbombed him through the table. RVD says he’s eared a lot of people’s respect that night. Lynn says respect is nice but asks for a rematch at Heatwave. Fonzie says no way RVD has other opponents. Lynn tells him to shut up, so RVD says don’t blame Fonzie because you’re bitter. Lynn says he's better, not bitter. RVD's music hits and he says that's him, but he'll make time for him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Buh Buh and D-Von were soaping guys way before JBL.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 321
June 19th, 1999
Columbia, South Carolina

Backstage: Steven Prazak is with Balls, Balls says he’s taking him with him to find the Dudleyz and make some news. CW Anderson walks up to him and introduces himself, so Ball hits him with a steel chair. Security stops him at the door, and says he can’t allow him in, The Dudleyz come behind the security and taunt Balls, but from behind D-Von nails Balls with a chair and the rest of security rush in and pull the Dudleyz away.

Steve Corino is in the ring, he says this state has so much history and begins listing some of the wrestlers. Corino says we’re looking at the next ECW Champion and he's in the greatest shape of his life. Taz comes out. Corino says someone stooged him some wrong information and says he's not supposed to be here. Corino says he's having an appendix attack again and he's gonna throw up. He asks him not to kill him, Taz takes the towel off. Corino says there's peace in Kosovo now, so they can get along too. He says if he wasn't in such bad shape, he thinks he could beat him. He asks if people want to see a World Title match, and says he does too, and he says to hit his man's music. Nobody comes out, Corino says he has a wife and kid. TAZ THEN GRABS THE MIC AND SAYS “I HOPE YOU KISSED YOUR SON GOODBYE BECAUSE I’M GONNA FUCKIN’ KILL YOU” Corino then says he's gonna pee himself, Taz says the only hitting there’s gonna be is my first hitting your face. AND TAZ PUNCHES CORINO. Taz begins to put the boots to Corino but Spike comes out for a match.

Steven Prazak goes to interview Corino who is “crying” Prazak says this was supposed to be his world title match, Corino is crying and asks if his face is broken before leaving.

Taz/Spiked is clipped, not heavy edited into bullet point clips but chunks are taken out :( but from what I can see, it looked like fun. Spike dies on a bunch of bumps and gets killed in the crowd brawl. He also has a couple of near falls and good comebacks before getting KILLED by Taz, Taz ends it with the Tazmission. Post-Match: Taz helps him up and they both get a standing ovation.

Jerry Lynn comes down to the ring, Joey says it was Lance Storm who drove Jerry to the hospital after Hardcore Heaven and asks if he and Justin are in Jerry Lynn's ear leading to his recent aggression against RVD.

Jerry Lynn vs. David Kash
David Kash is Kid Kash, Justin Credible and Jason come to ringside with a cell phone, Jason talks on the phone to Lance Storm, Credible tells Jason to tell Lance everything is okay. They then leave, okay then. This is an okay Jerry showcase, he’s super aggressive here. But I swear Jerry has no idea what selling is or how to put a match together, like they do that awful rolling pin sequence for no reason, but as soon at that’s over Kash smacks him in his one time broken nose, to wich Lynn no sells and just hits him with the cradle piledriver for the win. UGH! After the match, Lynn hits Kash with a standard jumping piledriver, just because.

So Super Crazy comes out for his match, Tajiri is already in the ring. We then cut to backstage where Danny Doring talks about the tradition of tag teams in the Carolinas. He asks Roadkill to give a shout out, and he yells CHICKENS! When we return, Sal and Guido run out, Sal puts Tajiri through a table like he did to Nova last week or the week prior. Guido then enters the match and I guess this is the match.

Super Crazy vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Little Guido (w/Big Sal E. Graziano)
Guido and Crazy do some stuff for a while, Crazy hits a sweet moonsault off the stands into the crowd. They brawl back to the ring where Guido takes over, with heel 101 shit and stalling. Tajiri gets back in to break up the Sicilian Crab, and the ref makes it a three-way. Thanks, Deezy. Tajiri takes out Sal and watches on as Crazy hits a three moonsaults on Guido and covers him for the elimination. But as soon as Crazy get back to his feet, Tajiri hits a brainbuster for the win. Joey says this is a three-way feud just beginning. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ** - **1/4

The Dudleyz come out, but Justin Credible comes out and asks why they are making a big deal out of beating RVD for the titles. Justin says he can beat RVD all by himself, Credible says those tag titles are coming around his and Lance Storm's waist soon enough. He says RVD's been ducking his ass for a long, long time. Fonzie comes out and says the only reason Credible's only here because the state police are holding Sabu out, and he's a lucky bitch. Fonzie then says the Dudleyz talk too much, but this is his time to talk because in 10 seconds RVD is gonna come out and smoke all of their asses. RVD comes out and Credible and Jason leave.

ECW Television Championship: D-Von Dudley (w/Buh Buh-Ray Dudley, Sign-Guy Dudley & Joel Gertner) vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
A lot like the 4/24 match, it’s fine D-Von isn’t the best one-on-one guy and RVD is treating this like a house show. They do some stuff until Credible runs back out and nails Buh Buh 3 times with the cane, we either cut back or it’s an edit job without the static shit to D-Von hitting a piledriver. D-Von doesn’t go for the cover, instead, he begins brawling with Credible on the floor. Jason gets involved so RVD dives off the top with a crossbody whipping out everyone as we go to a commercial. We return and Jason/Justin are gone again, The Dudleys team up on RVD, but Balls comes out and kills them with chair shots. He holds the chair instead of Fonzie, and RVD hits the top rope Van Daminator and the Five Star Frog Splash and Balls takes puts on a ref’s shirt to count the 1.2.3. After the match; Balls and RVD argue….so Balls nails him with the steel chair. **1/4 - **1/2

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 322
June 26th, 1999
Villa Park, Illinois

Jack Victory is being wheeled to the ring by Spanish Angel. We then cut to Joey Styles who welcome us to ECW’s first show in Illinois, when we go back to the ring. SVK hits a leg drop off the top……..BUT TAZ’s music hits and outs comes Taz. Okay, then.

Taz beats up both SVK and Angel before grabbing the mic, Suddenly Jack Victory stand up out of his wheelchair and begins putting the boots to Angel, he also tears up his “contract” Taz tells him to get his ass back in that seat before he puts him there forever. He says he’s got a question, is Chi-town FTW country? Taz says he's in a very bad mood tonight because he doesn't have anybody to fucking kill. Suddenly, Steve Corino comes out and says Beat me if you can, survive if I let you. Holy man times do we have to hear it. I should mention Corino has a beastly man with him”Taz then says as many times as I wanna say you little shit, he asks how fast he crawled out of Paul E’s ass. Corino says the people here are just like Taz, real stupid. He says this is all part of the plan and he and Jack Victory have had this plan for a long time. He says just like Dr. Frankenstein, he and Jack Victory have developed a killer and in the tradition of Dick the Bruiser and the Crusher, they have their own Taz Killer! THEY HAVE THEIR OWN ONE MAN RIOT SQUAD BECAUSE HE GIVES YOU RHINO!!!!!! Taz says he’s a firm believer in giving the people what they want, and he’s here to smarten him up. First, he’s gonna make him bleed, then he’s gonna beat the shit out of you.

Taz vs. Rhino (w/Steve Corino & Jack Victory)
Before the bell, Rhino powerbombs Taz but TAZ no sells and flips him off, oh great. This is three minutes and it's a Taz showcase, which I don’t get you have this big, thick looking man why not build him up before feeding him to Taz, whatever. Taz does all of Taz’s moves, Rhino doesn’t look bad in getting his ass kicked. Taz hits a Half Nelson Suplex through a table in the corner and then puts on the Tazmission for the win. After the match; Taz yells BEAT ME IF YOU CAN MOTHERFUCKER, SURVIVE IF I LET YOU!

xLZi8UK.gif

Little Guido (w/Big Sal E. Graziano) vs. Tajiri
STOP SHOWING ME GUIDO MATCHES EVERY WEEK, HE ISN’T GOOD! Tajiri destroying Guido to start the match is a thing of beauty, and I give Guido credit, he bumps his ASS off for him, he takes some awesome looking bumps on the floor. Guido gets a few shots in but, but this is a total Tajiri ass kicking. He slaps and kicks the shit out of him; he even has a couple of heel tactics. At one point he grabs a steel chair and walks to the walkway for a running steel chair shot to the head :mark: he does it again and Guido is busted open. He rolls him back in and starts biting the cut and targeting it with kicks and the point of his elbow, this is amazing. Sadly, Sal gets involved and the ref allows it. He beats on Tajiri allowing Guido to get some payback with a jump chair shot. Back in, Guido DDT’s him and locks in the Sicilian Crab for the win. BOOOOOOOOOOOO! ***

Ey2EeP2.gif

Backstage: Cyrus and Judge Jeff Jones are talking.

Justin Credible, Jason, and Jazz come out. Styles dubs Lance and Justin the Impact Players. Jerry Lynn then follows because we need to see these matches again. After the introductions, Lance Storm and Dawn Marie come out. DAWN LOOKS FUCKIN AMAZING! Lance says everybody knows Jerry owes him a favor nd he's here to collect. He says this company is about to blow through the roof and take over this industry, and when it does, the fights in the ring will be nothing compared to the fights in the back for power, so he wants to associate himself with guys with stroke and power. His offer is that he associates with them and they take this company over! Lynn says they've gotten opportunities to shine and he's just getting his after 10 years, but now it’s his time to come into his own and get his respect the old fashion way. Lance says he can respect that and says Credible had to ditch a yellow mask and the WWF to get his respect, and he had to ditch a couple of blonde guys named Chris. But he still owes him, so tonight, he's asking him to lay down and do the job so Justin can get his shot at RVD. Tommy Dreamer and Francine come down to the ring, Tommy says he can't believe he hasn't hit Lance yet and says not to listen. Once he heals up, they can team up and kick their asses. Lynn says they both got hurt at Hardcore Heaven, and nobody took him to the hospital, but he collapsed on the locker room floor with blood coming out of his head, and Lance Storm picked him up. So please, no disrespect intended, mind your own business. Francine and Dawn almost get into a fight but all the men and security break it up. Lynn yells enough and he’ll do it.

mC8atAF.gif

#1 Contender's Match for the ECW Television Championship: Justin Credible (w/Jason & Jazz) vs. Jerry Lynn
Lynn lays down, but as Justin goes to cover Lynn cradles him for two. Justin is in full HBK adjace bumping, and Lynn does shit because that’s his gimmick. This is probably my favorite match between the two mainly because it’s like 6 minutes and they get right into the shit. Justin targets the nose/face, Lynn doesn’t sell because he’s a piece of shit. They do some okay stuff, before ruining it with the shitty rolling pin spot, Lynn makes a comeback, the refs gets bumped so Jason interferes but Lynn takes him out, as Jason is out Credible whips him into the ropes where Jason nails him with the cane into a Credible DDT for two. Nice near falls, Justin is in shock. He then goes for That's Incredible, but Lynn counters into Bridging O'Connor Roll for the win. After the Match; Lance runs down and attacks Lynn, they hit a spike cradle piledriver and Lance says Lynn still owes him one, so while he's on his way to the hospital, he'll be taking his shot at RVD. Because he's taking the title back to CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA! **1/2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rhino should've been treated like Taz when he debuted....not jobbed out like he was little ass Corino.

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Mid-Year Awards

20. May 22nd, 1999 - Skull Von Krush vs. Rob Van Dam **1/2 - **3/4
19. ECW Hardcore Heaven - Taz vs. Bubba Ray Dudley **1/2 - **3/4
18. ECW Hardcore Heaven - Jerry Lynn vs. Rob Van Dam **1/2 - **3/4
17. February 6th, 1999 - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri **1/2 - **3/4
16. February 13th, 1999 - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri **1/2 - **3/4
15. May 15th, 1999 - TAKA Michinoku & Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Super Crazy & Nova **1/2 - **3/4
14. January 30th, 1999 - Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu **3/4
13. ECW Living Dangerously – Sabu vs. Taz **3/4
13. April 3rd, 1999 - 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Rob Van Dam **3/4
12. February 6th, 1999 - Lance Storm vs. Spike Dudley **3/4
11. April 3rd, 1999 - Jerry Lynn vs. Tajiri **3/4
10. June 5th, 1999 - Super Crazy vs. TAKA Michinoku **3/4
9. ECW Hardcore Heaven - Super Crazy vs. Taka Michinoku **3/4
8. ECW Guilty as Charged - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri **3/4
7. January 23rd, 1999 - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri **3/4 - ***
6. ECW Guilty as Charged - Lance Storm vs. Rob Van Dam ***
5. February 27th, 1999 - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri ***
4. June 26th, 1999 - Little Guido vs. Tajiri ***
3. ECW Living Dangerously - Super Crazy vs. Tajiri ***
2. January 23rd, 1999 - Taz vs. Shane Douglas ***
1. ECW Living Dangerously - Jerry Lynn vs. Rob Van Dam ***1/2

Mid-Year Tag Team of the year: The Dudley Boyz
Tag Teams have been a joke all year; outside the Dudleyz no tag team is even really showcased.

Mid-Year Wrestler of the year: Super Crazy
I wanted to go Tajiri, but I couldn’t just because Crazy has had better matches with the same opponents, and usually the better match when both are on the same card. Plus Crazy is in 10 or 20 matches in the MOTY, while Tajiri is right behind at 9.

PPV of the Year so far: Between Guilty as Charged or Living Dangerously
IDK man, PPVs are not good at all.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
ECW don't age well.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
it's rough, i can see why we don't hear from those ECW fuckboys fans anymore, or it even is talked about anymore.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bubba Ray called ECW the Napster of pro wrestling......I bet any music exec would tell you how file sharing affected their industry and not in a good way.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 323
July 3rd, 1999
Villa Park, Illinois

Recap of Taz/Rhino and Lynn/Credible from last week.

The Dudleyz are in the ring, Buh Buh says Chicago is one of the toughest cities in the United States? He says he doesn’t know what all the fuss is about; to him and D-Von everyone here looks like a bunch of pussies. In his opinion, CHI-TOWN SUCKS! He says this city is full of losers. The white sox suck, the Cubs haven’t done a god damn thing in 80 years. If DICK BUTKUS WAS HERE, HE'D SMACK HIM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH. And if Steve McMichael’s were here D-Von would make him his bitch.

Falls Count Anywhere for the ECW World Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz (w/Joel Gertner & Sign-Guy Dudley) vs. Spike Dudley & Balls Mahoney
So this is a lot of fun for the short time it got, it’s a smartly booked violent match instead of weapons used just for the sake of it E.G. Every New Jack match, Buh Buh using a cheese grater as a weapon was brutal and looked awesome. Spike later using it on Buh Buh for revenge is great too. Balls busts out a fork and begins using it so Joey says “D-Von is getting forked up” Spike channels his inner New Jack and dives off the balcony onto the Dudleyz. All 4 brawl back to the ring and we get a series of great near falls by the face team, the crowd bit on everything even something like a simple face drop. Balls hits the Nutcracker suit, at the same time as Spike hits the Acid Drop but again the Dudleyz kick out. Balls and Spike argue with the ref so Sign-Guy hits him with a sign. Spike then eats the 3D but balls makes the save and kills them with chair shots. Balls brings out a table, he first puts thumbtacks on it before lighting it on fire. He goes to powerbomb Buh Buh but D-Von breaks it up and the Dudleyz powerbomb him through it instead and cover for the win. **3/4

lwQwYOK.gif
wZIBeti.gif
cKVbiLa.gif

ECW Television Championship: Lance Storm (w/Dawn Marie) vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
Good little 10 minute TV match, Lance carries RVD through the mat wrestler and counter wrestling to start, it’s the best RVD showing on the mat so far this year. Nice spot when Lance does the roll through into the half-crab and Fonzie sees his man in trouble so he dives and attacks/gropes Dawn Marie forcing Storm to release the hold. Lance dives under the rope and grabs Fonzie, which allows RVD to fly over the top and hit a Leg Drop giving RVD control of the match. RVD has the match-up well in hand, but as usual, RVD gets too cocky and Lance suckers him into a dive to which Lance moves and RVD hits the floor face first. Back in the ring, Lance hits a back suplex off the top. Both men do some cool counters, reversals, and moves for a bit until the ref gets bumped and the fuckery happens. Justin Credible runs out and begins attacking RVD. It’s a 2-1 UNTIL THE LIGHTS GO OUT! SABU IS HERE! He takes out Credible by putting him through a table. Lynn comes out with a chair, and RVD and Lance are both there. RVD ducks a chair shot and IDK if this is a botch by Lynn clearly stops swinging the chair and clearly just holds it there for RVD to hits the Van Daminator. Styles tries to play it off as “who was he swinging for” RVD then follows up with the Five Star Frog Splash for the win. ***

IkXoZVY.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Every new Jack match was 5*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 324
July 10th, 1999
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Francine and Dawn Marie come out for a swimsuit Showdown. For some reason Steven Prazak is hosting, Dawn has a great line as she calls Francine the senior between the two, so she should go first. Francine takes off her robe, it’s pretty great. Damn. Dawn begins pandering and stalling as we cut to Tommy Dreamer in the Eagle's Nest. Suddenly, Justin Credible canes Tommy from behind. In the ring, Dawn isn’t even in a swimsuit :( we get a catfight until Lance Storm, Justin Credible, and Jason hit the ring and Credible goes to cane her…….BUT THE LIGHTS GO OUT!!!! IT’S SABU! He does his best to fight them off but it’s a 3-1 and the numbers catch up to him. They begin putting the boots to him until Jerry Lynn with a chair makes the save. The Impact Players bail, but Sabu dives onto them on the floor.

fuDUsPR.gif

ECW Television Championship: Balls Mahoney vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
Fun match, RVD is at his best against bigger guys where they beat the shit out of him and he has resulted to more of the aerial moves. We get a ton of really good RVD dives and kicks here. Balls plays his role of being a crash pad landing for RVD the most part, while still being able to get his shit in. RVD makes him look like a credible wrestler and even a credible challenger even though this is the first “one on one, traditional” wrestling match we’re seen Balls in since 1997. They do the counter, for the counter, against you counter spot but the RVD accidentally takes out the ref with the spin kick. Balls then comes right back and DESTROYS/FUCKIN MURDERS RVD with a chair shot to the head. The Dudleyz run down and attack Balls but he caves in their head with chair shots, God bless D-Von’s seizure selling. Balls then brings out a table, instead of the tacks, Balls wraps the table with the barbed wire. He then lights it on fire. The Dudleyz recover and powerbombs him through it. They beat the shit out of him with chairs some more, BUT RVD HITS THEM WITH VAN DOMINATORS! He hits Balls with the Frog Splash to win. As much as I enjoyed the match and even the whole OD fuckery at the end. These guys giving away fire table spots for free on TV every week is laughable, like really. I kinda understand the 1st time to get people tune in and to get them to talk about your company, but to continue to give something away is just idiotic, save something for the fucking PPV you fucks. *** FUCK I REALLY HATE MYSELF FOR LIKING THAT SO MUCH.

IWB5Dbr.gif
nGyj4Kr.gif

Taz says this belt isn’t just metal and leather, it’s a whole company. So he's got this kid Steve Corino running around the country trying to get under his skin, and now everyone knows who he is. He says he loves games though, so he's going to love making him famous. He says people keep talking about Hardcore and Extreme, well I;m the world champion. That makes me the most Hardcore. Taz says Steve Corino knows who he is, and he doesn't know why he's trying to fuck with him, but he's going to get his hands on him. When that happens, he's going to play with him like a cat slapping a mouse. That brings him to Dayton, he says bring back Bam Bam or bring back Douglas, and maybe this time, when he throws a TV monitor. He can hit me with it. Taz says it doesn’t matter who Corino brings with him, he’s gonna eat and beat them. BECAUSE I’M TAZ! THE ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! BEAT ME IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE OF I LET YOU!

Jerry, Justin, and Lance all come out. Justin says we were supposed to have a non-sanctioned, tag team, extreme death match. He asks where Lynn’s partner is. Lynn says he’s fully aware of the rules and has chosen…………SABU! Credible gets on the mic and says Sabu is banned and he doesn't care if the god damn state police have to come out here and he's not getting in the ring with him. Fonzie says this is non-sanctioned so the FIGHT IS ON!

Non-Sanctioned, Extreme, Death Match: The Impact Players (w/Dawn Marie & Jason) vs. Jerry Lynn & Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
FUCK YEAH! Sabu in his black pants. So in a death match, they start off in a traditional tag match. Okay then, whatever. This is only seven minutes, but it's got a lot of quality stuff once it breaks down. Sabu’s hatred for Credible is great as he’s hell bent on destroying him and Lance if he gets in his way. Sabu/Lance brawl at one side as Justin/Lynn brawl on the other, Lynn throws Credible off the stage and through a table. Sabu then takes Jason out with a double jump elbow drop. All 4 are back in the ring, AWESOME SPOT! Sabu goes to put Credible through a table but Justin rolls off and puts Fonzie on it, as that is going on Sabu has already started the jump from the chair to the top rope, he goes to put the breaks on but Lance shoves him off and he takes out Fonzie. Credible begins cane’ing Sabu on the floor, Justin then whips Lance into the ropes where Justin nails him with the cane and he stumbles into a cradle piledriver from Lance and he covers for the win. Really fun. **3/4

ECW with back to back fun shows HOLY SHIT! IS THIS A DREAM?