Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Anyone know why there is no episode for 2 weeks? I really don't know how programming runs in Japan.
Basically One Piece and DBS are having like important episodes. So last week One Piece got 2 episodes and today we'll have two episodes of DBS.

Reactions: Solid Snake

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yo can we like all discuss DBS as a whole rn? I don't like what they've done with Goku's character. Like yes, he's supposed to be goofy and lovable but in DBZ he was at least smart and serious. Like in the Cell saga when he instant transmission Cell when he was gonna explode. Or when he fought Frieza. He was always serious, but lovable too. In here, they just made him into a blueberry and it's hard supporting a character like him.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
this arc has been so boring.

It has been dragging along very slowly to get to this point. I've been enjoying the overall variety in characters and fights but alot of it has been borderline nonsensical. Really interested to see how the manga handles it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It has been dragging along very slowly to get to this point. I've been enjoying the overall variety in characters and fights but alot of it has been borderline nonsensical. Really interested to see how the manga handles it.
Yeah, like honestly I don't give a shit about the other universes. They never gave me a reason to care about them. So when they're dedicating an entire episode on fighting a universe who is basically fodder, why should I care? And when you see them struggling against them, it's like again, who cares? The only universe to really care about it Jiren's and Hit's. Other than those, no one cares. And literally most of these episodes have gone to them fighting these fodder universes.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
They Just made Goku more...Goku. He was always like this difference is no real threat like DBZ at least there hasn't been one until now with Jiren.

Yeah, like honestly I don't give a shit about the other universes. They never gave me a reason to care about them. So when they're dedicating an entire episode on fighting a universe who is basically fodder, why should I care? And when you see them struggling against them, it's like again, who cares? The only universe to really care about it Jiren's and Hit's. Other than those, no one cares. And literally most of these episodes have gone to them fighting these fodder universes.

Yeah that's just toei trying to drag this out for the profit. I guess you're supposed to have sympathy for all the innocent people losing their lives in each universe eliminated but they haven't really developed that enough.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
They Just made Goku more...Goku. He was always like this difference is no real threat like DBZ at least there hasn't been one until now with Jiren.

Yeah that's just toei trying to drag this out for the profit. I guess you're supposed to have sympathy for all the innocent people loosing their lives in each universe eliminated but they haven't really developed that enough.
I wouldn't say they made Goku more Goku. I'd just say they upped the shounen on him by a lot.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yo can we like all discuss DBS as a whole rn? I don't like what they've done with Goku's character. Like yes, he's supposed to be goofy and lovable but in DBZ he was at least smart and serious. Like in the Cell saga when he instant transmission Cell when he was gonna explode. Or when he fought Frieza. He was always serious, but lovable too. In here, they just made him into a blueberry and it's hard supporting a character like him.
I don't think they dumbed him down but made him more "relaxed" which is and has been costing him. Beerus has pointed it out numerous times. I am fine with him as he is. I always preferred Vegeta anyways.

I do think that the "Future" Trunks Saga was the best even though to me, Zamasu felt like he should have been playing the "savior" not the villain. If he truly believed he was doing the right thing, he would not have been playing off as a evil character.

Aside from that, these episodes are essentially building up to another battle with Frieza when you think about it. They will win, likely find some way to bring the "fallen" universes, blah blah, and be left with Frieza still wanting to kill Goku.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I don't think they dumbed him down but made him more "relaxed" which is and has been costing him. Beerus has pointed it out numerous times. I am fine with him as he is. I always preferred Vegeta anyways.

I do think that the "Future" Trunks Saga was the best even though to me, Zamasu felt like he should have been playing the "savior" not the villain. If he truly believed he was doing the right thing, he would not have been playing off as a evil character.

Aside from that, these episodes are essentially building up to another battle with Frieza when you think about it. They will win, likely find some way to bring the "fallen" universes, blah blah, and be left with Frieza still wanting to kill Goku.
I disagree to an extent. Anywho, I searched it up and apparently the dub made him seem smarter than sub, even in DBZ. So that makes sense, since they change the dialogue a lot.

Yeah, it'll end with Frieza killing Beerus and then Goku Vs Frieza Once in a Lifetime. (which is where i think they're going.)

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
As for the episodes, idk how I feel about them. Generally positive, but some stuff I didn't really like.
Like that annoying chick, Krillin explaining everyone about Goku's tactics and fighting ways, some other shit that i can't remember.

One thing i really enjoyed was Jiren being stronger than a god of destruction, that's pretty cool imo. I liked Goku's transformation, but I'm not too fond of how he got it kinda? I feel like now the only way they can beat Jiren is if Vegeta and Goku fuse and they get Ultra Instinct.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Would be lit if they made Gogeta canon and probably the only way if its gonna be Goku that ends it.
Even Ultra Instinct wasn't pushing Jiren a lot. Like, I'd say they were not equals in term power, but Goku is a fighter who adapts as he fights. If Goku is able to overcome Jiren, I can't see it being without that. Or maybe, just maybe, here me out here. The time limit ends and it's a 3 way draw between Goku, Hit and Jiren. (Universes)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I disagree to an extent. Anywho, I searched it up and apparently the dub made him seem smarter than sub, even in DBZ. So that makes sense, since they change the dialogue a lot.

Yeah, it'll end with Frieza killing Beerus and then Goku Vs Frieza Once in a Lifetime. (which is where i think they're going.)
200.gif