Do You Think Triple H Is Over-Rated?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do You Think Triple H Is Over-Rated?

• Yes, I do think Triple H is over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think Triple H is over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DcDudley

Reaction score
Dont see how HHH can be called overrated. He is one of the very few superstars that can do it all, and one of the best in ring performers ive ever seen. Compared to stone cold most wrestlers come up short, so dont hold that against him.

3lions

Reaction score
I could go into depth as to why triple H is not overrated, stating his high quality in-ring ability and ability to cut some of the best promo's in history. I could also talk about how he has been a ME player in WWE for years winning 10/11 World Titles. I could talk about how he draws a reaction from the crowd no matter what he does and is one of the best heels in WWE history. I could talk about how he returned from a career threatening injury even better than before. However, I won't.

Great One

I'll assume you are talking about me. I started watching wrestling in the mid eighties actually.

Don't get me wrong, HHH is the man and one of the best ever in the ring. However, I beleive that few people can touch Austin in the ring. The guy had it all. You'll have to remember, almost all of Austin's attitude era matches were after a broken neck and he still kicked ass in the ring. Austin is one of four people people will pay money to see regardless of who else is on the card, the others are Hogan, Andre, and the last is the Rock. While the Rock can't touch HHH's in ring work, he absolutely blows HHH, and everyone else, away in terms of mic skills and charisma.

I think people are taking me calling HHH overrated as me hating HHH. Its not the case. I just don't think he is in the same class as Austin, Rocky, Flair or Hogan. Sometimes people lump him into the catagory. I would put him just below those guys in a catagory with HBK and Piper.
Nope... wasn't talking about, I agree with that for the most part.

Reaction score
HHH could tell a story in the ring better than Austin, Rock, AND Taker.
I disagree. Austin/Hart WM 13 and Rock/Austin WM X7 tell the best stories in modern WWE history. Trips best story was the HBK streetfight at SummerSlam 02, which is great, but isn't as great as the two matches already mentioned.

I'd rate Hunter above Taker but below Rock, Austin, Hart and Michaels. He's a great wrestler with great mic skills but never put the company on his back the way the others did and a lot of his success has come from whom he's known throughout his career, be it the Clique in the mid 90s to his marriage to Steph McFakehooters. But he has been enjoyable to watch and I'd rate him 4 out of 5 snowflakes.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Well this will bring up heated debate.

Edge vs HHH. Whos better overall?

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
^^isnt related but ill asnwer, triple h = x5 edge

Thats a bit exaggerated but yeah i would go with Triple H to answer the question, although if they actually had matches which would be awsome i would cheer for Edge because he is The Rated "R" Superstar and it's the Rated "R" Era and thats a fact not a statement.

the dark knight

^^are u trying to pull off a cena promo? lol jk

ok, triple h is not 5 times better than edge. just 2 times :D

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Lol nope iam not that talented on the mic/keyboard (what ever floats your boat) :D

I was trying to remember what Edge said but i couldn't so i toke a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)

Wrestling Station

I think he was a lucky bastard to have the chance to have a stable, and from that his name became bigger in the wrestling business.

DeathLock

Reaction score
Is HHH overated, hell no! But as far as being in that group with Austin and The Rock, i say he makes it in there. The Rock is definately best at promos, no question, but i Give Hunter the edge of Stone Cold as far as promos; and no he isnt the best wrestler in the buisness, but he is damn good, right behind the other two. I put him in that group because of his emotion, i mean damn, you know he means every word. Ans sure, some heels get cheers, but not for to long until everyone gets tired of them. The only two superstars i can ever remember that would insult the crowds intellegence, and have more cheers than boos is the rock and HHH. So i do think he belongs in that elite group. Barely, but he makes it in there.