Do You Think Triple H Is Over-Rated?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do You Think Triple H Is Over-Rated?

• Yes, I do think Triple H is over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think Triple H is over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CenaMark54

I think at times he can be slightly overrated.

People tend to clump him into a catagory with Austin and the Rock, In actuality, he is slightly below them.

CenaMark54

Why isn't he in the same league as Rock and Austin. what bout Taker. Does he fit in there?

Because the Rock, Austin and Vince were the key players and most influential WWE wrestlers during the biggest period in wrestling history. Austin and the Rock were able to bring mainstream attention to wrestling whereas, HHH was sort of a supporting player during that time. Also, HHH was never the draw Austin or the rock were.

As far as tangibles go. Austin is better in the ring and about even on the mic and Rock is much better on the mic. Don't get me wrong, HHH is a legit star, he was just never able to make the jump to superstardom.

Taker, in my opinion is below HHH. He was never as good as HHH on the mic or in the ring. He was never as good a draw has HHH. The main thing driving Taker is his theatrics.

Great One

HHH could tell a story in the ring better than Austin, Rock, AND Taker. I'd say he's by far better then them in the ring and possibly very close in mic skills, but yeah the fact remains that Austin/Rock were bigger draws, but a lot of the Attitude Era revolved around Triple H. He also carried the WWE into the next era, i.e. the current era.

I don't think you are watching his matches close enough because for the most they're brilliant. There's only a few people who can tell a story in the ring like Triple H can and he wrestler different styles as well. One big aspect is how well he can sell, I honestly think he's the best hardcore weapon seller of all time...

If I may ask, when did you start watching wrestling?

Oasis

Reaction score
No, I don't think he's overrated, Like everyone else already said he's great on the mic and great in the ring......

The Anigma

Reaction score
I don't think HHH is overrated at all if anything I think he is underrated but that's just my opinion. I mean he's a great wrestler and as the mic skills to go along with it (you can actually feel the emotions). He can play any role be it face or heel and his matches tells a story everytime...sure Rock and Austin were better draws but I still believe that HHH is way better than either of them; I believe he put on better matches then them as well. Just my opinion.

King_Ash

Reaction score
I dont think he is overated, I can see where you think he is cause hes been in the main event spotlight for the last 7 years but he has done a real good job in that spotlight. I dont think he is overated, there are a few other superstars on the WWE roster that may be but I wont get into that.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
I think at times he can be slightly overrated.

People tend to clump him into a catagory with Austin and the Rock, In actuality, he is slightly below them.

Because the Rock, Austin and Vince were the key players and most influential WWE wrestlers during the biggest period in wrestling history. Austin and the Rock were able to bring mainstream attention to wrestling whereas, HHH was sort of a supporting player during that time. Also, HHH was never the draw Austin or the rock were.

As far as tangibles go. Austin is better in the ring and about even on the mic and Rock is much better on the mic. Don't get me wrong, HHH is a legit star, he was just never able to make the jump to superstardom.

That said alot of what i was thinking, dont get me wrong Triple is a great assest i just dont think he is as great as everyone says he is. Because when you think about it despite being the main heel for many years he was never able to get over in a big way. I also to extent think Triple H wrestles the same game, where alot of other wrestlers who do this get sledged alot.

CenaMark54

HHH could tell a story in the ring better than Austin, Rock, AND Taker. I'd say he's by far better then them in the ring and possibly very close in mic skills, but yeah the fact remains that Austin/Rock were bigger draws, but a lot of the Attitude Era revolved around Triple H. He also carried the WWE into the next era, i.e. the current era.

I don't think you are watching his matches close enough because for the most they're brilliant. There's only a few people who can tell a story in the ring like Triple H can and he wrestler different styles as well. One big aspect is how well he can sell, I honestly think he's the best hardcore weapon seller of all time...

If I may ask, when did you start watching wrestling?

I'll assume you are talking about me. I started watching wrestling in the mid eighties actually.

Don't get me wrong, HHH is the man and one of the best ever in the ring. However, I beleive that few people can touch Austin in the ring. The guy had it all. You'll have to remember, almost all of Austin's attitude era matches were after a broken neck and he still kicked ass in the ring. Austin is one of four people people will pay money to see regardless of who else is on the card, the others are Hogan, Andre, and the last is the Rock. While the Rock can't touch HHH's in ring work, he absolutely blows HHH, and everyone else, away in terms of mic skills and charisma.

I think people are taking me calling HHH overrated as me hating HHH. Its not the case. I just don't think he is in the same class as Austin, Rocky, Flair or Hogan. Sometimes people lump him into the catagory. I would put him just below those guys in a catagory with HBK and Piper.

imported_zero

wow where do i start how in my mind would i think he is over rated wait how could you guys like really he is great on the mic and great in ring he can put over anyone and have a great match and main event he is not young and we all know that and he still has so much skill and charisma so he is by far NOT overratted

xtremebadass

okay, i just dozed off, I think i hit yes, but I meant no, I am really tired right now, but Game is not over rated at all

Defiant One

Reaction score
Short answer no he isnt Over-rated. Great in the ring, and on the mic nuff said as far as i go. He has done it all.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Let me say 1st Viva La Luke i cant believe you said is HHH over rated mean while you have a picture of John Cena.
I had to say that. Lets not talk of Cena for now on.

Do i think HHH is over rated. Well..no fans like him. He gets gold. Its what he derserves. But a while back he did start to become unbeaterble witch is a bit stupid.
I have never been a huge HHH lover. And not all his matches are that great.
Dont worrie i have felt the same a number of times. I didnt think to my self hes over rated, But i have thought aw not my no1 wrestler.
But i like him and i think hes a good wrestler.
The amazing thing about him is his size.
Most wrestler that size are a bit slopy.

Over rated wrestlers are
Batista
Hulk hogan
Warrior evan though hes a bit past my time
and john cena. Evan though he has alot of haters.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I don't think Hunter is overrated, I just think he's praised too much. To me, somewhat like what CM54 is going, he's never been the main draw for an event. When you ask someone who were the greatest wrestlers in the 90's his name would be the 5th name called after Austin, The Rock, Hogan and Taker.

Ever since the Invasion, I've lost interest in him. Sure he's a great wrestler, has charisma and mic skills but the fact that he marrie the daughter of the man who owns the company makes me not like him.