• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do You Think Triple H Is Over-Rated?

Do You Think Triple H Is Over-Rated?

• Yes, I do think Triple H is over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think Triple H is over-rated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RingDeath

Reaction score
HHH is an all time great. Maybe the best of the post Rock/Austin era. But he's not something out of this world, who can lift the house off their seats and leave them gasping. And he's being sold as that kind of star. He doesn't compare to Austin, the Rock, or Flair of the 80's, and the comparison to Flair is laughable. To get a sense of the way he's overrated, think of how many nicknames they use to sell him with. "The Game", "The Cerebral Assassin" (he's a brawler not a 'thinking-man's' wrestler), "The King of Kings", "The Best In The Business", and "HHH" itself is a nickname to cover up for the ill-conceived blue blood gimmick he started out with.

HHH is great, but not larger than life, and that's what they are trying to make him out as.

Reaction score
Ummmm I would love to hear your reason why you think he's overrated. Everyone has there own opinion, and I respect that, but I just dont get how you could say he's overrated. I meen If you've seen him wrestle, his skills are very, very good for the size he is, and not to mention, hes a beast on the mic. If you think hes overrated, just take a look at the person in your 3rd sig. Now thats what I call overrated, but I guess that's just me

Joe is NOT over-rated! Samoe Joe is one of the best Big Men in the industry today and wrestled many classic matches in TNA/ROH! Sorry im a huge mark for Joe what else do you want me to say? lol Anyway, I do agree with you about Triple H though. He has had alot of great matches in his career and he can deliver in the ring and on the mic. The game is far from being overrated

RingDeath

Reaction score
Joe is NOT over-rated! Samoe Joe is one of the best Big Men in the industry today and wrestled many classic matches in TNA/ROH! Sorry im a huge mark for Joe what else do you want me to say? lol Anyway, I do agree with you about Triple H though. He has had alot of great matches in his career and he can deliver in the ring and on the mic. The game is far from being overrated

"Over-rated" does not imply that Joe or HHH is not outstanding. It's just an adjective that applies when Joe is described as "The best in-ring performer of his generation". That kind of puffery does inflate the quality of wrestler TNA is trying to sell. I've already given my take on HHH. He's great, not larger than life. BTW, Joe doesn't qualify as a "Big man" just because he's overweight. What is he? About 6'3", 280?

Reaction score
No, Triple H is not over rated he is one of the best wrestlers in the history of the wwe, he has great mic skills and can steal the show, Just the other day I was watching Triple H vs Shelton Benjamin on Raw in 2004 it was on Heat, The match was a tipicult HHH match, great, HHH is one of the best wrestlers in wwe history and is not over rated.