Django Unchained

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Top 3 reasons I hated it.

Over the top Tarintino blood. Thought that should be expected.
Using the word Nope more than even a rap song would dare to try. Though that should be expected. The argument that I normally hear is that its a movie about slavery and your bound to hear it. Very true but it seemed as if Tarintino was going for some sort of world record.
Taking a serious topic from our nations past and turning it into a joke.

Basically the same reasons as spike lee.

Seriously? You watch professional wrestling and think blood is the problem?

It's a MOVIE, not a documentary. It's people like you who hug the politically correct blanket for your dear lives is the reason this country and this world is so fucked up. Let's hand out a trophy not to the winners, but for everyone just for showing up. It's like this generation has become a bunch of pussies, and you sir... are the shining turd example of what this generation has come to.

What would you have rather Tarrantino had done? Not use any black men at all in that time period? Erase the whole movie? By golly, he said Nope. Let's all cup our hands over our mouths and report them to the FCC!

Fuck you, Primetime.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
there's barely any blood in wrestling these day, so yeah!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Seriously? You watch professional wrestling and think blood is the problem?

It's a MOVIE, not a documentary. It's people like you who hug the politically correct blanket for your dear lives is the reason this country and this world is so fucked up. Let's hand out a trophy not to the winners, but for everyone just for showing up. It's like this generation has become a bunch of pussies, and you sir... are the shining turd example of what this generation has come to.

What would you have rather Tarrantino had done? Not use any black men at all in that time period? Erase the whole movie? By golly, he said Nope. Let's all cup our hands over our mouths and report them to the FCC!

Fuck you, Primetime.

Wow. So much hate on the forums lately. Have one different opinion and everyone jumps you.

Its a fucking movie for christs sakes. No need to get all butt hurt and defensive about it. If you like it, thats good enough. Everyone doesn't always need to agree with you.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
:lmao This is why I love Tarantino.

I'm gonna start the "Fuck you, Primetime" Facebook page now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
No what I'm addressing is people acting like this is the best movie since the Godfather. When at best its a live action anime of slavery. It' isn't good from a filming stand point the shot selection is a joke. The stunts and visual effects are far over the top. The script only requires someone to watch Roots, half of roots and add Nope to it every 15 words. Of course we'd pick up half way through and turn the Nope into a black clint eastwood who doesn't actually learn anything but picks it up miraculously for the sake of us getting to the scene where we paint the walls with tomato juice. No I don't care the people enjoyed the movie it's a bloody action movie, a popcorn movie, but it shouldn't be picking up any awards when I could shoot the same movie over the course of two weeks the only thing I'd be missing is the big name actors I duped into being in the movie for me.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
lol yeah I really don't think anyone was comparing it to Godfather.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
No what I'm addressing is people acting like this is the best movie since the Godfather. When at best its a live action anime of slavery. It' isn't good from a filming stand point the shot selection is a joke. The stunts and visual effects are far over the top. The script only requires someone to watch Roots, half of roots and add Nope to it every 15 words. Of course we'd pick up half way through and turn the Nope into a black clint eastwood who doesn't actually learn anything but picks it up miraculously for the sake of us getting to the scene where we paint the walls with tomato juice. No I don't care the people enjoyed the movie it's a bloody action movie, a popcorn movie, but it shouldn't be picking up any awards when I could shoot the same movie over the course of two weeks the only thing I'd be missing is the big name actors I duped into being in the movie for me.

Dude... really it isn't that serious. If people wanna think its the greatest movie since Godfather... let them. Doesn't make it fact. Just their opinion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've still seen zero evidence to suggest Django wasn't original. Prime is the only one making any kind of sense in this thread that didn't like the movie.

It isn't origanal because it is just like a Taratino film, but a Western, yet he wants you to believe its original because he is smug git who believes his own hype. Changing genres isn't enough.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How so? Have you even seen the movie anyway?

Reaction score
I still look at Leo as a pretty boy, Jaimie Foxx is one of those guys who trys to hard to be cool (kind of Tarantino himself) and a black cowboy? Weren't they all just slaves back in those days?

Really? How though? He hasn't played a "pretty boy" type of role since Titanic. I would like to know if you have seen his films after Titanic. If so then that's fine but I know that people that portray him that way usually refuse to see his newer films. As for Jaime Foxx, he was pretty good in the film, just not as good as the supporting cast.

Well, Christop Walz's character set him free which is why you see him dressed as a cowboy. He is a slave in the beginning of the film.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
So Django got nominated for four oscars, including the coveted Best Picture nomination. I guess it wasn't so brutal and politically incorrect for the old men of the Academy of Motion Pictures, but for some people on the internet it's unbearable.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I expected it to get a lot more nominations after the hype it had, four has to be seen as a disappointment especially with Tarantino missing out on Best Director nod.

I myself haven't seen it, doesn't come out here until the end of the month, but just looking at the trailer doesn't really appeal to me. Never been into westerns and I can't see this doing too well outside the US.