Django Unchained

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[video=youtube;B5sks1-EGfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5sks1-EGfw[/video]

Directed by: Quentin Tarantino

Starring: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio

Plot Summary: Django is a slave living in the Deep South after having been separated from his wife Brunhilda. When Django is held for a slave auction, Dr. King Schultz, a German bounty hunter who uses his former profession of a dentist as a cover, frees Django from his vicious masters, the Speck brothers, and gives him the option of helping him hunt down and kill the Brittle Brothers, a ruthless gang of killers whom only Django has seen. In return, Schultz will free Django from slavery completely and help find and rescue Brunhilda from the charming but brutal Calvin Candie, who owns Candyland, a plantation where male slaves are trained to fight for sport and female slaves are forced into prostitution. Django agrees, and the two go after Candie and the Brittle gang.​

Thoughts on this? When I first heard about it, my expectations were pretty low. I thought Tarantino was going to try to hard, and it was going to turn out to be really cliche and stupid. But the more I've seen of it, the more it appeals to me. I'm actually looking forward to watching it now, DiCaprio looks like he's going to be an awesome antagonist from the previews. I hope to see this pretty soon after it's released.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Aren't all Spaghetti Westerns cliche? Or did you mean Tarantino in general? I'm a huge Tarantino fan and was stoked as soon as I heard about it. I don't really care for Jamie Foxx but it doesn't lessen my excitement. I was surprised it got nominated for a best picture golden globe because I thought it was going to be more like Kill Bill.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Only thing that interests me the most is Christoph Waltz being in it. I'm not a big Tarantino fan. Never got into the hype, but I may check this shit out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like a few if Tarantino's films, so him being the director doesn't really effect the movie for me beforehand. And yeah, spaghetti westerns are cliche, but this one looked even MORE cliche at first. I think I'll like it though. Above all else it looks like it'd be fun to watch.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I just think that with most of Tarantino's films, he tries way too hard to be different. He tries so hard to be almost indy it's almost Blue. Only film I've ever liked by him is Inglourious Basterds.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I just think that with most of Tarantino's films, he tries way too hard to be different. He tries so hard to be almost indy it's almost Blue. Only film I've ever liked by him is Inglourious Basterds.

Pulp Fiction? Resevoir Dogs?

Reaction score
I enjoyed it a lot. Very fun film! It was comedic; yet disturbing at the same time. Everyone in the film was great but I particularly liked Christoph Waltz, Leo Di Caprio and Samuel Jackson. They all played very different and unusual roles from what we're used to. Christoph and Samuel will definitely make you laugh throughout the entire film!

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I saw the movie yesterday and it did not disappoint. I was apparently the only one in the theater to notice James Remar playing two different characters. I was very surprised by how you could be laughing one second and be completely disturbed the next. Very strong performances all around and I laughed harder at the mask scene than any comedy movie I've seen this year. One small dislike as the film was very long. It could have ended 20 minutes earlier then it did.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Wow.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
In your opinion perhaps, but it is my opinion. But please continue in how I should like every shitty director every other jackass likes.

Though I would love to keep toying with you and let you continue to make a fool out of yourself, since it's the holidays I'll be generous.

I was not referring to whether you like or dislike the director. I really couldn't care less how you waste your life in front of a television screen.

I was referring to your dimwitted assertion that his movies strive for an "indy" ambiance. The fact his movies are always casted with the likes of Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Pitt, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Uma Thurman, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kurt Russel, Rose McGowan, and Michael Madsen (basically a fuck ton of the biggest actors in Hollywood) automatically dismisses your idiotic claim. And if you still don't understand, try indexing the budget his movies typically work with to accomplish the mass amounts of violence, particularly Kill Bill... tens of millions of dollars, far beyond the capabilities of any indy film.

There are only two possibilities your post conveys, either that you haven't watched Tarantino's movies (besides the one about OMG NAZIS) or you've never watched an indy film, but you want us to believe you have because maybe it will fool us into thinking "wow this guy really knows his shit!". Or both. However it's clear you don't understand the comparison you just made, blatantly demonstrated by your abominable description of his movies. I've heard many criticisms of Tarantino's style, most of which revolved around them being the complete polar opposite of how you described them and that they're too violent. I suggest before you compare two things next time, you should really know something about BOTH items. Or either.