Django Unchained

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Saw it. Hated it. It's a cartoon of a movie like all of Tarintinos stuff.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saw it. Hated it. It's a cartoon of a movie like all of Tarintinos stuff.

Why exactly? Like what were some specifics that you didn't like?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Why exactly? Like what were some specifics that you didn't like?

Top 3 reasons I hated it.

Over the top Tarintino blood. Thought that should be expected.
Using the word Nope more than even a rap song would dare to try. Though that should be expected. The argument that I normally hear is that its a movie about slavery and your bound to hear it. Very true but it seemed as if Tarintino was going for some sort of world record.
Taking a serious topic from our nations past and turning it into a joke.

Basically the same reasons as spike lee.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The movie was about slavers, slave drivers, & bounty hunters and was set in a time where every single one of those people would be calling every single slave a Nope. I was shocked that coon, jiggaboo, & spook were never used.

As an homage to spagetti westerns, it was everything I expected it to be, the blood is all a part of spagetti westerns.

Leonardo DiCaprio finally found a role that makes up for Critters 3, Jamie Foxx shocked the hell out of me, and the entire scene with Jonah Hill had me in stitches.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The movie was about slavers, slave drivers, & bounty hunters and was set in a time where every single one of those people would be calling every single slave a Nope. I was shocked that coon, jiggaboo, & spook were never used.

As an homage to spagetti westerns, it was everything I expected it to be, the blood is all a part of spagetti westerns.

Leonardo DiCaprio finally found a role that makes up for Critters 3, Jamie Foxx shocked the hell out of me, and the entire scene with Jonah Hill had me in stitches.

That's just it he turned slavery into a Joke. A Spaghetti western and too many people think it's ok because Tarintino shits gold.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Is this hate because you dont like Tarantino, or because you expect all movies to be historically accurate?

Spagetti Westerns, Japanese Cult Films, and WW2 films were all horribly innacurate long before Tarantino ever came along, just recently this crap called Argo came out, and was as innacurate as fuck, and they claim its a true story.

Django is not a historical movie, its a movie made by a movie geek that he himself would want to see, it just so happens alot of movie geeks want to see that movie too.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If you want a historically-accurate portrayal of slavery, you should probably stick to the History Channel and avoid Hollywood movies altogether. Spike Lee is a hypocritical idiot and Quentin is more black than that moron ever was. Actors in Spike's movies say "Nope" every other word too. He's probably just pissed off he didn't think of a similar concept first since he feels like he's the patron saint of black film directors despite the fact his movies are average at best.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If you want a historically-accurate portrayal of slavery, you should probably stick to the History Channel and avoid Hollywood movies altogether. Spike Lee is a hypocritical idiot and Quentin is more black than that moron ever was. Actors in Spike's movies say "Nope" every other word too. He's probably just pissed off he didn't think of a similar concept first since he feels like he's the patron saint of black film directors despite the fact his movies are average at best.

Actually this is the point they both act this way and they are both average. But everyone treats them as if they can do no wrong. People have this listed as the best movie of the year and that it ain't.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I have it listed as the best movie I have seen all year, and that is undoubtably true, alot of great movies, but nothing entertained me quite like Django did.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Actually this is the point they both act this way and they are both average. But everyone treats them as if they can do no wrong. People have this listed as the best movie of the year and that it ain't.
OK we get it, you don't like Quentin Taratino.

Want a cookie?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
OK we get it, you don't like Quentin Taratino.

Want a cookie?

Yeah Prime you should know by now than you are not allowed to comment in this thread unless you share the worship of Taratino of his other mindless sheep. People can ramble on about how great they believe him to be, but the moment someone offers up a different prospective they are told their opnion is not worth anything.

Spike Lee is a much better director than QT in my view.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Tarantino has said clearly that both Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained are "alternative" history films, i.e. based on real events but entirely made up fiction. An interesting theory is this fan-made one which suggests that all Tarantino's films exist in some way within his own separate universe.

Whoa! 'Inglourious Basterds' Also Fits into Tarantino's Film Universe?! | FirstShowing.net

Might be a load of crap, but I really like this idea, think it's an interesting theory.

But yeah, please don't take Django to be Tarantino's attempt to make an accurate portrayal of the slave trade. That's not at all what he was attempting to do.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Tarantino has said clearly that both Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained are "alternative" history films, i.e. based on real events but entirely made up fiction. An interesting theory is this fan-made one which suggests that all Tarantino's films exist in some way within his own separate universe.

Whoa! 'Inglourious Basterds' Also Fits into Tarantino's Film Universe?! | FirstShowing.net

Might be a load of crap, but I really like this idea, think it's an interesting theory.

But yeah, please don't take Django to be Tarantino's attempt to make an accurate portrayal of the slave trade. That's not at all what he was attempting to do.[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone actually believed, to do that he would be doing something original, too much to ask of the Tarantino of 2013.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've still seen zero evidence to suggest Django wasn't original. Prime is the only one making any kind of sense in this thread that didn't like the movie.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah Prime you should know by now than you are not allowed to comment in this thread unless you share the worship of Taratino of his other mindless sheep. People can ramble on about how great they believe him to be, but the moment someone offers up a different prospective they are told their opnion is not worth anything.

Spike Lee is a much better director than QT in my view.

Cool story bro.

Are you done?