Derek Jeter to Retire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
No, but my grandfather did. Told me pretty much what I needed to hear. He wasn't the best player on his teams, just hit the homers.
I'll never look at Babe the same again.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
What exactly is the point of you speaking? You're adding little to the conversation besides snide little remarks that makes you seem like a bored child.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of you speaking? You're adding little to the conversation besides snide little remarks that makes you seem like a bored child.
Meanwhile you weighing in on Babe Ruth being overrated is riveting banter.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Tulo is by leaps and bounds the best SS in baseball, and has been for a couple years.

Slaters gonna slate bro.
Are you comparing Troy Tulowizki today to Derek Jeter of today?

Point was directed toward tulo who you credit success to the stadium he plays in. He'd put godlike numbers up in that bandbox
Are you comparing Troy Tulowizki today to Derek Jeter of today?
Again. Tulo is being asked to do more. Jeter isn't asked to put up those kinds of digits.
Jeter was asked to bat #1 or #2, get on base and he did that for 20 years consistently.

Tulo is in a big hitter's ballpark and he's asked to put up big hitter's numbers.
Is he better than Jeter today? Yes. Has he been for the past couple of years? Probably.

Baseball is different than football. You can't simply compare one person's stats with another especially when one team is a perennial contender and the other is not. If you put Tulo in Jeter's position he probably would have ducked under the pressure and not become nearly the player he is today. It's easy to play in a small pond like Denver. For Jeter to do what he'd done, how long he's done it in that city is far more impressive.