Derek Jeter to Retire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Jeter, one of the most over rated players I've ever known. HELL OF A PLAYER but imo never the most elite on his teams. Captain, yes. Perfect for NY. Top 50 player of all time? Nope

He never had stats like pujols, bonds, bagwell. Clearly not the best of his ERA. He did it the right way though, and you can't over rate that
Jeter wasn't juiced, either.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Jeter, one of the most over rated players I've ever known. HELL OF A PLAYER but imo never the most elite on his teams. Captain, yes. Perfect for NY. Top 50 player of all time? Nope

He never had stats like pujols, bonds, bagwell. Clearly not the best of his ERA. He did it the right way though, and you can't over rate that
Which SS from his era was better? You also have to consider he's one of the most clutch players ever. When it's crunch time he always delivered. Can't say that about the aforementioned Astros.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Which SS from his era was better? You also have to consider he's one of the most clutch players ever. When it's crunch time he always delivered. Can't say that about the aforementioned Astros.

A rod and tejada were better than Jeter. Id also consider saying Rollins and tukowitski. Give garciaparra a shout too. Jeter was never the best at his position. Just made it in the league longer which is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Biggio was by far the best second baseman of gis ERA and he delivered some clutch hits. 3,000 hits 293 hrs, 400 stolen bases, 400 doubles. Hard to find one better than biggio. The most under rated hofer ever.

A rod and tejada were better than Jeter. Just off the top of my head
Both confirmed juicers. Biggio was great in the regular season but a dismal career .234 batting average in 9 post seasons. That's not clutch if you ask me. Jeter hit .308 in 16 post seasons. I don't see how you can call him overrated dude. I hate the Yankees more than most but you gotta give the devil his due.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Both confirmed juicers. Biggio was great in the regular season but a dismal career .234 batting average in 9 post seasons. That's not clutch if you ask me. Jeter hit .308 in 16 post seasons. I don't see how you can call him overrated dude. I hate the Yankees more than most but you gotta give the devil his due.
I did give him his due. Still don't think he was the best. Over rated in terms of always being painted as the best s.s. in the league and never truly was at any point in his career. I said he did it the right way and respect him.

Reactions: Karen Marie Shelton

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I did give him his due. Still don't think he was the best. Over rated in terms of always being painted as the best s.s. in the league and never truly was at any point in his career. I said he did it the right way and respect him.
Agree to disagree then Brother. :hogan:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Agree to disagree then Brother. :hogan:
I wasn't saying he's not a hofer or anything but to me he was never the best player in the league. I think because he was clean and stuff it made him the poster boy which is cool. I like him a lot as a person, and we share the same bday. Anyways, over rated. Now Rivera? Best ever

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I wasn't saying he's not a hofer or anything but to me he was never the best player in the league. I think because he was clean and stuff it made him the poster boy which is cool. I like him a lot as a person, and we share the same bday. Anyways, over rated. Now Rivera? Best ever
No way man! John Rocker 4 life! :happy:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
A rod and tejada were better than Jeter. Id also consider saying Rollins and tukowitski. Give garciaparra a shout too. Jeter was never the best at his position. Just made it in the league longer which is amazing.
We had Tejada in Oakland. He was a uni-dimensional piece of trash. Garciaparra? No offense, but no. Jimmy Rollin's batting average is a fail and Tulowizki lives in a hitter's park. Derek Jeter was all around better than everyone you mentioned. I don't mean this to slight you, but I simply disagree with your assessment.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
We had Tejada in Oakland. He was a uni-dimensional piece of trash. Garciaparra? No offense, but no. Jimmy Rollin's batting average is a fail and Tulowizki lives in a hitter's park. Derek Jeter was all around better than everyone you mentioned. I don't mean this to slight you, but I simply disagree with your assessment.
Jeter was a singles hitter, not knock on him but those guys statistically helped their teams more. Jeter was surrounded by sluggers, and often was pitched to lighter to avoid the boppers. Would you rather let up a single or a homer? When can you ever say he was the best player on his team?

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I would honestly also say yankee stadium is the biggest joke in mlb. Talk about a hittera park. Tulo would hit 50 in that band box. Hell granderson hit fuckin 40 there

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Jeter was a singles hitter, not knock on him but those guys statistically helped their teams more. Jeter was surrounded by sluggers, and often was pitched to lighter to avoid the boppers. Would you rather let up a single or a homer? When can you ever say he was the best player on his team?
To be fair, this was about him being the best shortstop, not about being the best player on the team.
Those other players were asked to play their role and Derek Jeter was asked to play his role.
A batting average isn't dictated by the number of bases you touch, only that you hit and touch base safely.
Jeter stole bases, scored runs, has a career .311, had 3,000 hits and hit double digit home runs in 16 of his 20 years.

Ty Cobb hit double digits home runs in 2 of his 24 years. Should Cobb be penalized because he wasn't asked to hit more?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I would honestly also say yankee stadium is the biggest joke in mlb. Talk about a hittera park. Tulo would hit 50 in that band box. Hell granderson hit fuckin 40 there
Would that be New Yankee stadium because, yes, that stadium would be smaller than the one Jeter played in the majority of his time.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
To be fair, this was about him being the best shortstop, not about being the best player on the team.
Those other players were asked to play their role and Derek Jeter was asked to play his role.
A batting average isn't dictated by the number of bases you touch, only that you hit and touch base safely.
Jeter stole bases, scored runs, has a career .311, had 3,000 hits and hit double digit home runs in 16 of his 20 years.

Ty Cobb hit double digits home runs in 2 of his 24 years. Should Cobb be penalized because he wasn't asked to hit more?
it was about him.being the best s.s? Its about him being overrated