Derek Jeter to Retire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nick

Reaction score
Man, was I bummed out when I heard this. My all time favorite athlete out of any sport. He is such a class act, even when he was surrounded by douches like A Rod he still managed to be such a classy guy. I'll never forget when my uncle went to a party at his house, and he got him on the phone for me, and more importantly my brother who has Autism. Such a classy guy, sad day for baseball that this is gonna be his last year. First ballot hall of fame?

Reactions: Italianman3100!

Mean Smark Callous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.redmeat.com
no doubt he's a hall of famer. i hate the yankees and jeter's smug face, but i am impartial and fair in analysis. great player, hard worker. first ballot no doubt. i would vote for him.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I came back over here specifically to post this, and I got beat to it.

For what it's worth, I usually root for the Yankees and considered them my favorite AL team before the Astros switched leagues last year. A big part of that was Derek Jeter. He's a terrific player and, by all accounts, a truly nice guy. He's a definite first ballot Hall of Famer and a great ambassador for baseball.

wk

Reactions: TheArabHammer

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Derek Jeter is a playboy, mother fucker has been with more women than I know what to do with!

"Derek Jeter was held out of the Yankees lineup after coming down with the flu. Which, considering how many women he's been with, is the best thing he could have."
^ Probably one of the best jokes I've ever heard about the guy back in like 2009.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Jeter is the least-controversial player of all-time, and a great ball player. As a Yankees fan, I'll be very proud to see Jeter go into the HOF. All Hail Jeter!

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Jeter is the least-controversial player of all-time, and a great ball player. As a Yankees fan, I'll be very proud to see Jeter go into the HOF. All Hail Jeter!

I just hope Biggio and Bagwell are in the HOF by the time Rivera gets on the ballot, not to mention Jeter the next year.

wk

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Jeter is the icon player of his era. He played during a time where MLB has been tainted with PED's and he played at a high level without them. He did it with class and respect for the game. He was a captain even before given that title by the Yankees. I will enjoy watching him play his final year and appreciate it even more. I hope he goes out a world champion just like he came into the league as a world champion even though I'm not a huge fan of the Yankees

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Jeter is the icon player of his era. He played during a time where MLB has been tainted with PED's and he played at a high level without them. He did it with class and respect for the game. He was a captain even before given that title by the Yankees. I will enjoy watching him play his final year and appreciate it even more. I hope he goes out a world champion just like he came into the league as a world champion even though I'm not a huge fan of the Yankees

I'll support seeing the Yankees win it all again this year, just to give Jeter a fitting send-off...so long as they don't have to beat the Astros or Padres to do it.

And, since there's no way the Astros or Padres are competing at that level, I'm okay with them winning it all.

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
As much as I hate the Yankees, I commend Jeter on a great career. Although I could see him having around another 1 to 2 years in him, it's his choice at the end of the day, and he's retiring with a historic career. I'm wondering who will "replace" him as the star he was.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If I had to tip my hat to anybody, in any sport, it would be Derek Jeter.
He plays next to a piece of sh** hack and I'm glad he didn't switch positions for that loser.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Jeter, one of the most over rated players I've ever known. HELL OF A PLAYER but imo never the most elite on his teams. Captain, yes. Perfect for NY. Top 50 player of all time? Nope

He never had stats like pujols, bonds, bagwell. Clearly not the best of his ERA. He did it the right way though, and you can't over rate that

Last edited: