CWF - Honor/Riot Trash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Gonna take care of some new meat. Tenderize it, grill it, then eat it. :D So stay away Riley unless you want to be grilled :D

This is gonna be interesting.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Dresden Dose: Honor's Big Debut

First and foremost, it's going to be a bit unusual reviewing my own show, but you guys told me you couldn't wait for me to, "review WAR and Honor" so I will be pulling double duty from now on when it comes to these reviews.

OPENING

WAR has a banner featuring several of the superstars, Honor simply has the name of it's brand. WAR has Nonpoint, Honor has Atreyu. Pretty good balance I'd say. I'd like to say what we lack in graphics, we make up for in quality. The logo might be simple but it works.

The opening segment is the grand unveiling. The commentary team will see your teacher Matt Striker uniting with Good Ol' J.R., who's jumping ship from WAR. Before the general manager is revealed we get a look at Honor's premiere title, the CWF Championship, which is what the eight men in the tournament will be competing for. The tournament was Andrew's idea btw, just giving credit where credit's due.

The general manager is revealed to be none other than Joey Styles, who vows to make Honor the best show it can possibly be. Tapout did a good job with this opening segment. How cool is it that CWF's general managers are both ECW alum?

THE ROCK'S PROMO

After Joey makes his way to the back, J.R. and Matt Striker exchange pleasantries when Matt alludes to the fact that one of the superstars has requested time to address the crowd. Who is it? Why none other than the "People's Champion" The Rock, now played by Purple PuNk, which makes it only right he be on the brand with the purple logo. Had to, sorry.

He makes his presence felt very strongly, fed up with former management and refusing to be wasted on what he deems lower echelon talent. This was a good promo, very well done. Shout out to Slim for his comment on the show alluding to his legendary tenure as the Great One. Rock will certainly be a great addition to Thursday nights. PuNk wrote the promo when I had it advertised as Tuesday. Little bit of miscommunication between Tapout and I, no big deal.

ALBERTO DEL RIO VS. ROAD DOGG

The Don Cesar of CWA has returned to writing ladies and gentlemen to join Tapout, myself, and Ellis on Honor and I'm glad to have him. I wish awesome miz would've been able to trash talk, especially since his reaction to the match in the preview was so enthusiastic. I'd hate for this to become a trend, I don't want to cut anybody.

Due to the trash talking situation, this contest was a short one, but it was still a good one. A fast pace and a good amount of energy. Lewb advances in the tournament and will face either Soccerboy or Sam himself.

COMMERCIAL ONE

This is where yours truly begins to take control of the show. For the first commercial, I decided to plug Monday Night WAR. Not only because it was here first and its success led to the possibility and existence of Honor, but because one show shouldn't be viewed over the other, we work together to make the fed must-see. Also, Kane's still on the banner, so in a way he's still on both shows.

AIR BOOM PROMO

The way Andrew structured the promo made it an ideal segue from commercial, so my thanks go out to him for the set-up. Initially they were to be called Sonic Boom, which I personally like better, but he opted to go with their actual team name. It's not like it's a huge difference, I'm just saying, Sonic Boom sounds better to me than Air Boom. Maybe because it reminds me of Guile and Sonic the Hedgehog. By the way, R-Truth's comments on Raw about, "Air Boom being a sneaky fart" had me shaking my head. I know you're gearing the product towards children, WWE, but for crying out loud you're on USA Network not Nickelodeon.

Their entrance theme is "Sandstorm" by Darude, an interesting choice. I think it's catchy. Now hopefully I can think of this tag team when I hear it instead of the dreadful play my classmates did several years ago using the song. You've done a good job capturing the personalities of Bourne and Kingston, Andrew, I feel their excitement as if I was watching them on television. As Striker points out on commentary, you can see them debut on this week's WAR.

KEVIN THORN PROMO

Whether I've said it before or not, I love Sam's portrayal of Kevin Thorn. One of my favorite characters in e-fedding, and that covers every brand I've been a part of. The Coven vs. R.E.M.E.D.Y. or Thorn vs. Kane would be feuds I'd love to play out. The style of speaking and the dark tones is present in all of their TT's, plus it's been a little while since I've gone head-to-head with Sam. Anyway, a nice promo to lead in to the match.

THE MIZ VS. KEVIN THORN

Apparently Soccerboy is LOA, which explains his absence from this week. Anyway, I wrote this match, so I'm not going to comment much on it. I'll just say I hope you guys read it and point out that I enjoyed writing it. Bronzy was initially given the match, but he let me have it because of what I had planned for the finish. I usually play off of the fact that Thorn's a vampire, but the raining blood was Sam's idea, so props to him for that. I wrote the brief speaking portion btw. Sam advances and it's him and lewb next week in the semi-finals.

COMMERCIAL TWO

I made the second commercial the pay-per-view because it's important that you not only check it out, but that you TT for it and make it as awesome as it can possibly be. The poster is significant to me because, if you didn't know, UCW Vengeance will go up the same day. So after you're done watching me take control of Smackdown for a month, head on back here to check out the great show we've put together, or vice versa. Either way, September 25th Dresden's gonna raise hellfire and whoopass, and also cure this diseased federation. Assuming R.E.M.E.D.Y. makes the card of course.

KANE PROMO

Back from commercial, Striker makes note of the fact that we're about to be joined by Kane. Boy, he knows about all the promos, doesn't he? I'm obviously not going to put over my own promo huge, but I do feel like a did a good job. Longest thing I've written as Kane thus far, and if not, it's close. This was a fun segment to write. Kane versus Riley anyone?

CHRISTIAN VS. CODY RHODES

Alright, this was Tapout's match but in his absence I took it upon myself. Now because of the, well quite frankly, B.S. that erupted in the TT'ing thread and in Staff over the TT'ing thread, there was absolutely no way I was going to make a call on this one. On one hand, the count is 4-3, so Christian wins because of that. Ellis said they agreed to go 3-3, so going 4-3 is a dick move, so Rhodes wins because of violation of that right? Or do I not count Christian's fourth and judge the three each man put out? Point is it would've been controversial regardless.

Initially I was going to go with Rock costing Rhodes the match, setting up a feud between the two and Christian advancing. Why? Because I feel Ellis would've taken the loss better, to be perfectly honest. But Andrew was a professional and spared me having to be responsible for the "WrestlingSmarks Screwjob", hence the finish I went with. I just hope no B.S. erupts this go-around.

Again, not going to comment on my own match, but I did work hard on it so I hope you read it.

COMMERCIAL THREE

I don't have a graphic for this column so I used a picture of me in my wrestling gear to promote it. Chris Dresden, in case you didn't know, is my ring name. I use it mostly for backyard wrestling with my friends, everywhere else I use it is obviously forums. Now you know.

BROCK LESNAR VS. JAMES STORM

Unfortunately, Rock was in a serious accident this week. Like a trooper he TT'd for his match anyway, so luckily I was able to make a judgment call instead of do what I had to do with Miz/Thorn and what Sam had to do with Dogg/Rio, write a match with an obvious outcome. Put a lot of work into this match as well, so please check it out.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

If I do say so myself, Honor debuted in a big and explosive way, and really delivered on the hype. For a show that lacked on TT'ing, the matches weren't what you'd expect, and the only real flaw was the references to Honor being on a Tuesday night even though it's a Thursday night program, but that was addressed. Hope everyone enjoyed the show as well as this review. Be sure to check out next week's edition of Honor. I'll be back on Monday night with my review of WAR Roulette. Take care until then guys.​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Great review man, always love them.

It was a great debut show

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
CWF Thursday Night Honor Preview: 10/6/11

HonorBanner.png

Coming off an exciting Pay Per View event where new champions were crowned including a new CWF Champion and Tag Team Champions, Honor rolls into the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

tm001.jpg

And coming down off that night we'll see some more exciting action when the Honor Roulette takes place.

NAOVSMATTITUDE.png

Road Dogg and Billy Gunn Vs Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore

The New Age Outlaws will be in action against Mattitude with the Number One Contendership to the Tag Team straps this week on Honor. Will the Sensei of Mattitude and his follower defeat the legendary Outlaws?, or will the veterans use their experience to out muscle the North Carolina natives from WAR?.

ADRVSRILEY.png

Intercontinental Championship Contendership: Alberto Del Rio Vs Alex Riley

This week on Honor we shall see two contendership matches for the Intercontinental Championship three way dance at the Elimination Chamber Pay Per View event. We'll see Alberto Del Rio take on Alex Riley. Will the Mexican Aristocrat be able to down the young Riley?, or will Riley send Del Rio back across the border with his tail between his legs?.

KANEVSMIZ.png

Intercontinental Championship Contendership: Kane Vs The Miz

In the second of two Intercontinental Championship contendership matches, The Miz will return to action against the Big Red Machine, Kane. Kane's been running through the competition here in CWF, and it won't be long 'till he holds a title belt around his waist. Will it be the Intercontinental Championship?. With his breifcase in hand, Kane can make anything happen. But one thing's for certain, one of these men will enter a Triple Threat match at the Elimination Chamber Pay Per View. With a special stipulation yet to be announced.

LESNARVSCHRISTIAN.png

CWF Championship Contendership Match: Brock Lesnar Vs Christian

Both Lesnar and Christian were unsuccesful in their attempts to be crowned the first ever CWF Champion. However one of the two will gain an oppertunity to write their wrongs with this Number One Contendership match. Will Lesnar crush another opponent and end up double booked at Elimination Chamber or will Captain Charisma steer his ship into another championship oppertunity?.

We Will Here From

Kevin Thorn and The Coven have their championship 'celebration', what will the freakshow's have to say regarding their leader's championship victory and what lays ahead for the gothic group?.

Brock Lesnar and Christian regarding Invasion and their match on Honor.

Alex Riley will talk about his future plans here in CWF and what he will do to ensure his victory over Alberto Del Rio this week on Honor.

Joey Styles will have a special message for us all, what will it be?, tune in to find out.

OOC: It's a new regime fuckers, hope you're all ready for a new era, I want to see TTing everyweek, everyone has to EARN their spot. You won't be given it, you'll EARN it. So I want to see people show me why the deserve title matches at the PPV by EARNING it this week. Basically, if you show up most weeks and TT well and consistantly, you'll be given oppertunities. The new writers are myself and Bronzy, no idea what's going on with Dresden, but hopefully Dresden too. Onwards.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Going on three weeks with nothing to do is not fun.

You had a match for the Pay-Per-View, which you didn't TT for... you could always send in a promo.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Yeah PuNk send in a promo. I'll find something for you to do next week for sure, no one likes sitting about doing nothing. So send a promo this week yeah?.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
What is this I see?, new match banners and fancy new head banner?... I wonder who did them?, you're welcome.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This week we find out who's competing for the Intercontinental Championship, who's competing for the CWF Championship, and who I'll be defending my tag titles against. I can't lose either way, as a match with V1 would be as awesome as a match with the New Age Outlaws. I apologize for letting everyone down lately. The internet problems I've had are not my fault, but waiting until the last minute to submit my matches is. I accept the lack of communication amongst the writers as my fault, I've been trying to write everything myself and honestly I can only do that for so long. Thank you Sam for stepping in and making this preview as well as the banners, very well done. Thank you Bronzy for stepping in to save Invasion and help Honor, and thank you to Andrew for everything that you do and have done.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
You had a match for the Pay-Per-View, which you didn't TT for... you could always send in a promo.

I do not remember asking for a douche bag's opinion. If you wanna be a bitch and call me out then as the owner you already knew I was taking the week off, so the question was even after LOA why did you not cancel the match and you waited for the last minute? I mean if the person who played Rhodes did post you basically set me up for a loss which is shady as all hell.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Too bad smurf. In most e-feds notifying the owner is as fucking good as posting in a fucking thread. The point remains that YOU knew of the situation and YOU still continued to let it run its course. That is your fault.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
1. I don't write for Honor.
2. This is your second and final warning.
3. Dredson already apologized for booking you.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
PuNk, I apologize for booking you. I didn't know that you were on LOA, I made the match between you and Ellis because I didn't want to leave you off of the pay-per-view. I'm sorry that you've been left off of the preview this week, but I'm hopeful you will stick around so we can book something great for you moving forward. It'd be a shame to lose your Rock. Open flaming is uncalled for and something I will not tolerate. Staff members will not be verbally abused, but in addition, staff members will not verbally abuse other members. That's something I've seen that seems to be swept under the rug. Anyhoo, please both of you stop arguing. If you have any issues, ideas for your characters, or need to go on LOA again or something, message me PuNk.

Status
Not open for further replies.