CWF - Honor/Riot Trash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Yep. This is the era of the Awesome Derrick lmao. Nah jk, me and AM are taking over Honor. Woo! Anyways, this is going to be the best era ever and I'll make sure everyone is happy so I will contact everyone during the week if they're satisfied, plus which changes they want n such.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Dresden Dose: Chris' Final Honor

Hello WrestlingSmarks faithful, it is I Chris Dresden, here with a special column. It's special in that it's still a review of one of the weekly shows, but no one was expecting me to write this, myself included. But internet is cooperating, I have some free time, and I'm in a good mood so hey, why not. Hopefully I don't end up regretting it.

As all of you know, I am currently on a hiatus from e-fedding. This is because my server's been acting up recently, leaving me without internet for days at a time, which keeps me from TT'ing and getting in promos and most importantly, submitting matches and putting the show together. Last time it happened to me I was heading up UCW Smackdown. That's not the only reason, as me and my fiance broke up rather suddenly over a misunderstanding, so while I try to mend that situation I really have no desire to write matches or anything like that.

There is one additional reason, but it has nothing to do with why I'm stepping away, it's just something I realized after I decided to. I've been fedding since January 2010, my only break being from April to June because I had decided to give the Navy a try and was away at basic training. So that means, since it's almost November, I went for about a year and a half without any breaks. I never intended to be a writer, especially not a head writer, but back when Smackdown needed a co-head, and when CWA needed help before that I stepped up and since then I've found myself in those types of roles.

So one benefit of taking some time away is I don't have to stress over writing a match or a slew of matches, which means I don't have to stress about only half of my roster TT'ing. I don't have to stress over being pressured to disclose my booking plans, I don't have to stress over getting bitched at for being the accused cause of a lack of communication, all these things are a plus. I realize it came rather suddenly and you guys had to scramble to re-book and re-work the writing teams, and for that I apologize, but I appreciate your kind words and support and understanding.

Now, in my farewell thread I kept using the words, "when I return". Well that's because I do intend to return at some point. When I do will it be to return to booking and match writing and such? That remains to be seen. I will definitely be getting back into the TT'ing aspect of things though, whether it will be Kane and R.E.M.E.D.Y. also remains to be seen because I like to change it up, especially since I usually stick with characters once I pick them. I haven't dropped Stone Cold until recently, I only dropped Joker Sting because of my hiatus and before that it was because I had to choose one character and picked Stone Cold. I was Eddie Guerrero until the UCW restart, I was Mankind until CWA closed, and here in CWF I stuck with Kane and R.E.M.E.D.Y. until the recent hiatus.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd shed a little more light on things before I officially began the review and assure everyone that I will one day return. Not that any of you were worried. So without further adieu, I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet and this is my prescription for all your wrestling needs, The Dresden Dose!

The show starts in controversial fashion with a promo from Muhammad Hassan. Hassan is upset because despite CWF management telling him that the return of he and his followers would be treated as a big deal, it wasn't. They weren't in a match at the pay-per-view, didn't have any promo time, weren't even talked about. They just appeared in the Honor preview like, "Hey, we're back." He didn't say it that way, I'm obviously paraphrasing.

Initially, Hassan was to be the one that got involved in the post-match events of the CWF Championship match, but since Christian won I went with the requested cash-in and Hassan getting involved too would've felt like a cluster.

An alternate plan was having him get involved in the post-match of the Intercontinental Championship encounter, but then me and Slim thought up something to write off Brock and involve Undertaker so that technically, he still got his rematch for the title. So with that, I wasn't sure where to include Hassan, plus there was no trace of the promo I was told he would cut so I went forward with a Hassan-less pay-per-view. Turned out being a good decision because this was a beautiful promo, and as we found out in the aftermath of my sudden departure, Hassan will get a crack at Alex Riley and the Intercontinental Championship after all.

As for what I myself booked, I will shed light on them when they are revealed in this show I'm reviewing since there was apparent confusion and issue taken with them. And I know this because I stumbled upon it, not because someone was brave enough to question me personally. Because that's what happens around here, people act excited out in the open but behind the scenes act entirely differently.

Anyhoo, the show gets off to an official start in traditional fashion with the banner and the pyrotechnics. And since there is now a new Honor banner, the October 27th edition is the last time you'll see this particular one.

"Coma White" begins to play which means everyone's favorite tag team is on their way out. I'm not going to grade the quality of my own promo, I'll leave that for you guys to decide, which I hope this will be the week that some of you do. Over the course of the promo, Cornette reveals Eddie Guerrero and Alberto Del Rio versus The Miz and R-Truth and Jesse Ventura versus The Undertaker. Why? Because I wanted to begin building up both Del Rio and Miz by booking them in something high profile.

Eventually there was going to be a split amongst R.E.M.E.D.Y., with me keeping Eddie and either replacing Truth or replacing both Truth and Jesse Ventura. That or I was going to drop both Truth and Ventura, playing Eddie as a singles guy and letting the Bad Meets Evil tandem with Slim be my tag team. The reason I triple booked myself is simple, to strengthen the show trash talking wise.

As for reaching out to Miz, Del Rio, and Jericho to join, it was something that I thought up when I noticed all of our promos had a similar theme, conspiracy. It wasn't going to be me, Bronzy, Soccerboy, and awesome miz booked together all the time, just an affiliation like Christian and Mattitude. Anyhoo, we'll never know what Miz, Del Rio, and Jericho were going to say now that I'm not in power and that's not the direction things are going in.

After J.R. and Striker run down the card for the night, it's time for the opening contest, Alex Riley versus Kevin Thorn. Riley wins in rather dominant fashion and after the match, Hassan gets what he was supposed to get at Elimination Chamber, the chance to go after Riley post-match.

Our first commercial of the night is for a good looking Czech girl. That's all I really have to say about that. Back from commercial we have a Beer Money promo, which, no offense, surprises me considering they didn't show up to the big Tag Team Chamber match at the pay-per-view. I always liked Derrick's Beer Money, I was having a lot of fun with what I was booking between them and R.E.M.E.D.Y.

Beer Money talk about their tag title shot tonight before the show returns to the commentators, who discuss the main event and the second match of the evening, Muhammad Hassan versus Jeff Hardy versus Judas Mesias. Hassan dominates the contest and pulls out a victory in his return to the company.

After the match, we go backstage to Mr. T and Roddy Piper who cut a promo regarding their CWF Tag Team Championship match at Cyber Sunday against R.E.M.E.D.Y. It's a shame that match won't be happening now, but it was a good promo regardless and Ellis versus Derrick will be just as good as Ellis versus me would've been.

Our second commercial of the night is promoting the group LMFAO. The tagline below it, "me and Derrick are coming on them!!!!" is a bit confusing as I don't know what is meant by that but I'm assuming they like the group. They're so-so in my opinion in case you were wondering.

Back from commercial, we are joined by Mason Ryan, who alongside Rob Terry will be portrayed by lewbrication in place of the New Age Outlaws and based on the promo I've just read and the one I was PM'd before I stepped down, this tandem is going to be awesome.

The next match, even though it was supposed to be the main event, is the Bar Room Brawl. It isn't a long match, and it has no right to be. I was having server problems and was unfortunately unable to trash talk for this particular match, but congratulations to Derrick for becoming two-time CWF Tag Team Champions with Beer Money.

After the match is a video package for Bad Meets Evil, used to hype their tag match later on in the show. After the package airs, the commentators briefly discuss the match before sending Honor back to commercial., which is a picture of I have no idea who, but she's quite attractive.

Back from commercial, we are joined by Christian. Over the course of this promo, Christian, true to the man who plays him, tries to book his title rematch for Cyber Sunday. This brings out Jim Cornette, who takes exception to this. Anyhoo, over the course of this I booked Honor's entire side of Cyber Sunday but it has since been changed.

Earlier I said I would explain my thinking and reason for the booking, but the only one there was questioning raised over was the CWF Championship match so that's the only one I'm going to explain.

The CWF Championship match was originally Kane(c) vs. Christian vs. Kevin Thorn vs. Muhammad Hassan vs. Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio for the CWF Championship in an Armageddon Hell in a Cell with special guest referee Mick Foley, Steve Austin, or Hulk Hogan.

Christian, due to being the CWF Champion at the time of the cash-in, is entitled to a rematch. Kevin Thorn, due to being the CWF Champion going into the Chamber of Horrors match, is also entitled to a rematch. Hassan is involved because I felt he should be booked strongly and putting him in the main title picture is the way to do it, it'd also strengthen Honor.

Randy Orton is involved because it's a strong way for Chase to debut and a strong way for Randy Orton to return to CWF, and Del Rio is involved because awesome miz and I had discussed a long-term storyline for Alberto and I feel like he deserves a push now that I know he was going to be a committed trash talker.

As for why it's an Armageddon Hell in a Cell, Bronzy and I recently had an MSN conversation regarding him wanting to see one in e-feds, so there ya go. Not to mention WAR was the one that had an awesome Chamber match at the pay-per-view, this was my way of giving Honor a stacked match this month, both because of the participants and the stipulation.

The special referee thing was because I needed to give you guys something to vote on and Austin, Foley, and Hogan are characters that were formerly part of CWF.
After this, it is time for the third match of the evening, Bad Meets Evil versus Awesome Destiny. Unfortunately I was unable to trash talk for this match as well, which, because of my hiatus, means Bad Meets Evil never truly got a chance. As a result of my unfortunate no-show, I took the fall and the team of Awesome Destiny wins as a result of a submission.

After the match Honor returns to commercial, which is a picture of a woman that looks like Stacy Keibler but, as far as I know, is not. Back from commercial it is time for the main event, Randy Orton vs. Christian.

But first Vince comes out and brags on Honor, makes an announcement about next week, Pitbull performs, Snooki comes out for some reason, etcetera etcetera. After this, we get a recap of Christian and Orton's history, something I'm very happy to see because it's what I had in mind after Andrew accepted Chase's challenge and the match was booked.

This match is easily one of the greatest matches I've ever seen in CWF and quite possibly the best match that's ever been on Honor. Not longer after it's over, the show ends, which is very fitting.

Final thoughts: This show gives me high hopes for the future of Honor without me, but since I had some contribution to this show, it won't be until the November 3rd edition that I'll truly know for sure. awesome miz has left Staff so I'm not entirely sure who's going to be running the show, but I'm positive someone will step up.

Hope you guys enjoyed this impromptu edition of the Dresden Dose. I don't foresee it continuing as a regular thing right now, but you never know. Until I decide to show up again, take care of yourselves and keep up the good work.​

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
awesome this is one of my favorite things to read every week and sad that it wasn't going to be around anymore, what a nice surprise.

As far as my promo, yes I did not turn one in but that was mainly because I was told I'd probably interfere in a match. I was not told anything about which match I would come out on so I didn't know who to write into the promo as I thought I would cut it once I've done the deed. Either way it turned out good as something everyone should do is make any situation work for you, whether you win, lose, don't show up on a show, or something you can always use that as fuel for the future.

as far as this review goes, it'd be weird to review a review just want to say the dresden dose has always been a treat to read and its never any different. Thanks for knocking one more out dres

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
HONOR CREW LISTEN UP!

WHAT DO I NEED FROM ALL OF YOU IS TO SEND EITHER ME OR AWESOME MIZ A PROMO FOR HONOR, BECAUSE WE'VE GOT LITERALLY 0 PROMOS! IN ORDER TO HAVE A NICE SHOW, WE NEED THEM. SO PLEASE WHEN YOU'LL HAVE SOME FREE TIME, TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND WRITE US A PROMO OR AT LEAST A BACKSTAGE SEGMENT!

YEAH.

Lewb

Reaction score
If I find a few moments to pop one together I shall. I like you have a show to write :p

awesome miz

Reaction score
Well, sorry that the show is not on yet, I don't clearly know what's going on, but I personally will write everything that show needs to be putted on, and if I can ask you guys, if there's anybody who sent a promo to Derrick, can you guys send it to me as well please? Thanks and once again, sorry.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
*CONTAINS HUGE SPOILERS FROM THE SHOW* Friday Night Riot 11/11/11 Preview!

NEW BANNER TO BE ADDED!!

Friday Night Riot Preview 11/11/11!!

arena_noc2.jpg

This week, coming to you from Beogradska Arena, Belgrade, Serbia!

The matches:

Alex_Riley-1.jpg
and
Orton1.jpg
vs
AlbertoDelRio7.jpg
and
Christian_Cage.jpg

Alex Riley and Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio and Christian

Our new GM, Shawn Michaels has decided that Christian WILL be in wrestling action and will be refereeing the main event as well. Therefore he will team up with Alberto Del Rio against The Viper Randy Orton and the IC Champ, Alex Riley!

RR_TheMiz.jpg
vs
Mason_Ryan.jpg

The Miz vs Mason Ryan

This week Mason Ryan, who is deathly impressive lately, will take on The Miz, who keeps improving week by week, will he continue to improve after the next week?

th_James_Storm-1.jpg
vs
mr-t.thumbnail.png

James Storm vs Mr.T

After the argument Beer Money's had with Jim Connelly, we found out that Bobby Roode is injured and will have a week off. However, James Storm has a huge task. He will take on a monster that will never get old and that will never be stoppable.. one and only Mr.T.

THE MAIN EVENT OF THE NIGHT:

Mark_Magnus3.jpg
vs
KevinThorn.jpg

Special Guest Ref.:
Christian_Cage.jpg

Team Hassan vs Team Thorn with Christian as the special guest referee!

When all of the three men in the CWF Championship match collide.. it means absolute chaos. Christian is not wrestling this week due to the last week's actions, but our new general manager Shawn Michaels put him this week as the referee into a hell of a match. What will happen? Will Thorn and Co. suck all the blood out of The Great Hassan or will Hassan and his pals give Thorn a brutal Arabic beatdown?

WE WILL HEAR FROM:

Shawn Michaels - Our GM has some more news to tell us.

Christian - On his last week's actions.

Hassan - On the possibility to become the first ever CWF Dual Champion

Mason Ryan and Rob Terry - On their impressive performances

Anyone else who wants to say something!

------------------------

OOC: Aight. I want you guys to TT heavily, because I want this era - my era to be epic. Those who are gonna be the best will simply be booked in the main event. The worse ones will be booked worse. That doesn't mean that a main eventer or a champ can't be in an opener, I didn't mean literally booked high or low on the literal card, but I meant like the opportunities, that's what I meant. I'm sure that HBK will tell you more on Riot next week, you'll get me for sure and he'll motivate you to do your best, you'll see.​

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Damn!

Christian's a busy man here!

All the matches have potential, really looking forward to Sam vs. Rey

It will produce hard.

SBS

Reaction score
Hmm, I am actually liking this card. The Main Event with Christian as Special ref if written and TT'd right will be an amazing match as you have alot of different styles in that match and Christian is without a doubt a sparkplug. The IC Champ against the man who in my opinion will be the next Tag Champ with Ziggler will steal the show in my opinion. Miz/Mason, looking forward to how the bad blood progresses as both came up just short in the Rumble. Mr. T and Storm though is my favorite match on the card though, talk about different. Kudos there. And Orton v. Del Rio again, I hope Orton shows up cause I will not be suprised if he doesn't Del Rio will break him.

Looking forward to the show. Good luck Riot crew and thanks for the welcome Derrick.

awesome miz

Reaction score
Well, looks like I gonna be 6-0 after that Riot!

SBS: I don't clearly understand this - The IC Champ against the man who in my opinion will be the next Tag Champ...
Me and Christian... neither one of us can be tag champ, but whatever...

Looks like great show, make us all proud!

SBS

Reaction score
He changed the Preview Awesome Miz. It was originally Riley v. Mysterio. He had 5 matches and switched to 4. I promise you I'm not crazy lol.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
^Lol he's right Lukáš, I changed the card, really.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Guys. Listen up. I want to tell you that there have been some changes and shake-ups in staff, which made an absolute chaos in team Riot. I will try to do my best to put the show up as soon as I can, but again, don't be surprised if it ends up posted on Saturday morning my time or the night between Saturday and Sunday my time (look up GMT+1 time and convert it). So, yeah. Pretty much all I wanted to say.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Guys, unfortunately I'm waiting for a match that I'm not gonna be able to cover. I really cannot say anything about when Riot will be up, but the show is done, 'cept for one match. On the other hand, I'll maybe put up an announcement from HBK after the show is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.