Community

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is one of my top episodes as well, I lose it every time I watch Chang introduce himself.

What has this season been like? I have read quite a few negative reviews but is it actually that bad or are people still upset that Harmon is no longer there?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
It's nowhere near as funny as the other seasons, Harmon is definitely a notable absence.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The season has had a really shaky start, but the past 2 episodes have been very good in my opinion. It certainly isn't what it used to be, but I hope that they're at least starting to step in the right direction.

I particularly liked the Partner and Houlihan scenes this week. Troy gleefully looking into Abed's camera every time he disagreed with Annie made me laugh out loud every time.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well that sucks, all us fans lobbied for this new season and they decide to half ass it. Why did anyone bother?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What I don't get as well is why NBC have aired the episodes in the order of 1, 3, 4, 2, 5 and 8. These episodes would have been completed some time ago so I don't know why they would be shown so far out of order. It is like NBC don't even want it to work by screwing with the order, it will be fine once it gets to DVD but it would be weird jumping back and forth with the episodes on tv.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly I only noticed a continuity issue in one episode. Biggest issue is they did every holiday only to have them being aired on the wrong one. I think every show so far has seemed like an average show but none of them have been great shows.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
It was very apparent that Brittany and Troy were an item but their relationship has seemingly disappeared after the space time convention episode. I feel like you can definitely tell that they are out of order.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It was really only ever brought up in the Halloween episode and it wasn't that big a deal in that episode. Seems to me as if the writers just wish they hadn't done it. It also seems to me like they may do a jeff britta troy annie love triangle.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
So, that's the season over, and possibly the show as well.

It definitely wasn't the same without Dan Harmon. People can say that it would have felt the same if they didn't know he left the show but that's just not true. It felt different. And what hurt this season so much is that they tried to write it with Harmon's kind of mindset, which is something you just can't do. If they wanted the show to have the same kind of Harmon-like feel to it then why boot him off the show?

That said, the season still had its moments.
Jeff met his father, bonded with Pierce at a Barbershop, Abed felt more human when he met his love interest, Partner and Houlihan, Britta at the school dance, and the fantastic body swap episode which handled end of the Troy/Britta relationship very well.

It's hard to say if I want to see another season, as the last episode was really poor. On one hand I want them to make up for a weak finale, but on the other I don't want the possibility of another disappointing season. I'll accept whatever happens next.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well NBC confirmed that Community is back for a fifth season consisting of 13 episodes. Season Four wasn't received well at all but NBC have so very few good comedies with a decent following that it got a renew in part thanks to 30 Rock and The Office coming to an end this year. What could be interesting is the fact that Chevy Chase is gone, does this mean that Dan Harmon will return as showrunner for the fifth season? His issue was with Chevy so I think that there is a decent chance of this happening especially as he will want to ensure that his show ends in the right way. I hope that NBC also give it some help by not putting it up against another show averaging 19 million viewers. With The Office and 30 Rock off the schedule hopefully Community can get one of their timeslots.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If Community can get any other timeslot, it would be just as big as Big Bang Theory, but directly competing in the same timeslot has been detrimental. I am a huge BBT fan, but Community is the better show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am another that will watch both shows but if I had to choose one it is easily Community. If they can get Harmon back and give it a new timeslot with less competition then there is potential for them to actually grow the audience outside the 3-4 million that watch each week in the US.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Even the 8:30 timeslot on Thursdays would be an improvement. I still watch Two & A Half Men because the timeslot is that bad. It would give the BBT fans a chance to check out a show that has some geeky characters(that are far more relatable than anyone on BBT), and actually changes the formula of the show rather often.

Not to mention I would chose Britta & Annie over Penny & Bernadette anyday.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would definitely work well against Two and a Half Men since I doubt there is much cross over audience between the shows. Just try something new with it to see if they can expand that audience.

Britta and Annie over Penny and Bernadette is a no brainer.