• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Apparently they filmed all but two episodes with him in it plus they have already filmed the final episode with him in it so it works out okay. No real surprise that he decided to leave, he hates tv and for whatever reason doesn't think that his character is funny. At least they got four seasons out of him.

I doubt that Community will get a fourth season anyway and without the creator and now without the biggest name star it is working against them. I am just glad they got their fourth year to complete the story.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It seems like everybody is loving this show so I think I'm going to download some of it tonight.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't think Chevy Chase is the biggest star of the show anyways. He may have name value but I think Joel McHale is the real star here. Chevy always seemed like he was just playing a side character. I'm a big fan of his but if this is the last season and he is only missing in two episodes I don't think it's that big of a loss really.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To begin with Chevy had the name value and I can see why NBC would have wanted him to get some attention but I agree that the real star is Joel. Plus Joel is pretty well known these days with this, The Soup and some movies that he has done. Plus Community now has an Oscar winner so they have everything they need, I haven't read anything but I hope that they somehow get the Oscar on the show. Maybe the Dean's play actually made it to the bigtime and was turned into a big screenplay and that is how he won it.

AF.

Reaction score
ALISON BRIE :dancing:

Really enjoying this show. Polished the first 2 seasons of the show in a week, it's really easy to watch. Pierce was annoying, but then I pictured the group without him and it felt wierd. Troy, Annie and Jeff are my favourites on the show, with Annie easily being the most favourite. The humour is right up my alley, and even though I don't 'laugh out loud' regularly during the show, I still find it hilarious and witty. I really hope they continue on with the show, because I've just gotten into the 3rd season and I would like to see more, possibly with the introduction of a new character after Pierce drops out.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Yeah Pierce is annoying, I always wonder why someone doesnt just punch him in the head, but it will be weird without him.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Community loses writer Megan Ganz, which would be sad if all weren't already lost

Community, that shrieking wraith of a sitcom banished to walk the wind-battered realm between life and death, has lost one of the loudest and most vital voices in its moaning chorus of the damned. Megan Ganz has announced via a letter to Reddit that she's leaving the show after three years of writing some of its standout episodes—including landmarks like "Cooperative Calligraphy" and "Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking"—and accepting a job writing for Modern Family. It's a pleasant, bubbly, funny letter full of warm, sentimental feelings masking a pervasive sense of dire finality, and is therefore just like watching the show. Here's an excerpt:

For the last three years, the sum total of my contribution to this planet (in terms of effort, passion, and things I let myself go soft and pimply for) could be described as follows: Community. Recently, I was offered a job writing for Modern Family, and although it's unclear what will happen with Community for the fifth season (or the sixth season, or the movie), I've decided to take this new position. Tomorrow is my first day and I'm excited and scared to start this new... well, everything. I'm sure the coffee will probably be the same.

This isn't the end of me and Greendale. Community was my world for four seasons and my job for three, and has hold of my whole heart like a bad-news high school boyfriend. I'll never really get away. The chemistry is too perfect and the writing room couches aren't really that uncomfortable to sleep on and I just can't stop writing for Britta. Plus I still have to do my editing pass on the finale. I think I left a box in my office, too. Bobrow probably misses me. Better stop by on my way home.

I guess what I'm saying is, it took me a really long time to write this to you guys, and it's not even that good. Pretty sappy, no punchlines, kind of vague about my future with the show, too little excitement about the new gig, etc. Okay, so not my best work. Maybe I'll take it down and not say goodbye just yet. I just need a little more time.

The bright side, as always, is that Community is still scheduled to haunt NBC for 13 more episodes, flickering in and out of the visible astral plane for at least one more time, at some point—and Ganz wrote two of those possibly last episodes ever, "Advanced Introduction To Finality" and "Paranormal Parentage." And for Ganz, by working at Modern Family, she will finally have access to the hot-and-cold-running Emmys that the show enjoys. ("The desk in my office seems a bit wobbly," Ganz will say on her first day. "Here, just shove some Emmys under there," her new co-writers will reply.) But of course, for any Community fan still holding out hope for life beyond the fourth season, this is yet more sad news that you don't even feel anymore. Who feels anymore?

Community loses writer Megan Ganz, which would be sad if all weren't already lost | TV | Newswire | The A.V. Club

Things are really going from bad to worse for this show...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Damn, it really does seem like the writing is on the wall. They have lost the creator, head writer, two more senior writers, the two main directors, one of the main stars :(

I won't believe it is over until they say it is over though. Maybe if the ratings are good next season something miraculous will happen and they will stay together for six seasons and a movie.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I really don't understand why one of the best shows to come around in ages has to go through so much shit and fall apart like this when crap like Lost stayed around for what felt like 10 season too long. I suppose it all traces back to Chevy thinking he's too big a star for TV yet agreeing to be on a TV show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It doesn't help that it is on NBC either as everything on that Network suffers. They have created so many good shows but being on NBC just brings it all down. It sucks that a show like this might only make it for four seasons and yet Two and a Half Men has been around for ten seasons and counting.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Again, the main reason this show isnt doing as well as it should, is due to being in direct compitition with Big Bang Theory thursday nights at 8, similairly, nothing good is on in that 8:30 timeslot, so people just keep watching Two & a Half Men.

The syndication ratings for Community have beaten out the ratings for the syndication of Big Bang Theory on my local channels, and they are shown back to back. There is even a Community marathon on today.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Big Bang established its fan base before Community, I do agree it is the better show, as I sit watching the D&D episode.

It would be like Family Guy being on any other station than Fox at 8:00 on Sundays, it would have failed(and not returned) competing against The Simpsons.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How good is the D&D episode!!! Chang dressing up and introducing himself makes me lose it everytime.

[YOUTUBE]5QRP9EzaL_I[/YOUTUBE]

EW said:
COMMUNITY_510x380.jpg

With all the changes on Community this past year, is the cult fav on its final stretch?

Not necessarily. NBC’s entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt told reporters Sunday that the modestly rated comedy could “absolutely” get a fifth season. “Absolutely,” he said. “We’re always hopeful for a show to continue. And we co-own it. I’d love nothing more than to see it continue.”

Community
‘s showrunner Dan Harmon stepped down last year and co-star Chevy Chase is on his way out (Chase will appear in all but two episodes this season). “Actors come and go on a lot of shows and this is a big ensemble,” Greenblatt said of Chase’s exit. “I don’t think that’s going to be a big negative about the future of the show.”

Greenblatt added that fans will see basically the same show during the upcoming fourth season which gets underway next month. “You’re going to see relatively the same show you’ve seen before and I hope that’s a good thing,” he said. “Maybe there’s a little more heart built into it, but we didn’t fundamentally change it.”

At least there is still some hope. I think the big thing is that NBC co-own the show so will be able to reap the rewards, through syndication and DVD sales, if it continues on.