• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Community

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
"I won Dungeons & Dragons... And it was advanced!"

One episode I cant believe I only seen for the first time yesterday was the Videogame. My only real question is, in an early episode of season 1, Pierce accidentaly calls his mother, and she goes on about how she still sees his fathers ghost, yet later on in the series his inheritance is up for grabs?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They actually mention that in the Season 3 episode "Advanced Gay" when Pierce's dad visits the group.

Pierce: Here is my father, Cornelius Hawthorne
Annie: Aww, i always thought your dad was dead, you know, just mathematically
Pierce: Well mom always like to pretend that was the case

With the video game episode I can't believe how much detail there was in that video game. I also love how Abed manages to dominate the game right away and wanted to stay in the game.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Alright, I thought I had caught a continuity error, and it seems like they do a good job at trying to to retcon past episodes.

Yeah, for being a 30 year old game, its graphics were more akin to a 20 year old one. Abed breaking the game almost instantly, Annie & Shirley killing the blacksmith & his wife, the dirty hippies, and their "peace, & love, sex, sex, sex, group sex", and Britta's Strength Potion. I couldnt stop laughing the whole time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They are pretty good at attempting to cover up their mistakes from the past and to catch these errors.

Shirley leading the way to cover up the death of the blacksmith and killing his wife was great. Apparently there is someone out there that is attempting to create a game based on that episode and those graphics.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Finally started watching this show when a marathon started on the Comedy Network in Canada, and boy, what was I ever thinking of not giving this show a shot.

This show is unique and I actually sat through an entire marathon, which is rare for me, seeing as I can't sit down and watch TV for more than a Raw or wrestling equivalent.

I now feel sad and stupid that it took me this long to see this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION] All that matters is that you have now caught up and watched it.

Season 4 premiered in the US last night, anyone watch it? Were the changes, mainly no Harmon, noticeable? I saw from the preview that it was a Hunger Games themed episode and the preview looked entertaining enough.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I got the chance to watch it today. It was... different. I don't know how to explain it exactly, the one liners were all there, as well as the over-the-top plot with the usual Jeff speech at the end, but the episode as a whole still just seemed a bit off.

The plot about Abed imagining a generic sitcom-styled life for him and the gang was a good idea, but that world actually didn't look all that much different from the real world they were in. It was like a standard season 3 episode without the charm or soul.

To be honest though, if I didn't know Harmon had left the show I don't know if I would have noticed any difference at all. Maybe knowing that such an influential figure on the show is gone influenced the way I looked at the episode.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I watched it last night and found it enjoyable. It's not a Hunger Games themed episode. It's kind of like the Pulp Fiction episode last year as it wasn't even about Pulp Fiction. I have to agree that if Harmon never left, anyone wouldn't know the difference between this and another episode. My mom actually watched the show with me and I found it weird that she only laughed during the multicam show in Abeds mind. The episode was definitely not the worst but not the greatest either. Felt better than half of season three though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that it was meant to be a Hunger Games theme? I remember seeing previews depicting an episode based around that concept and I thought that would be up first.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
They wanted into History of Ice Cream so Jeff could get his last credit. Dean started up The Hunger Deans as a way to figure out who would be included in the class due to everyone(including Fat Neil) signing up for it.

It was more like a background theme than anything.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cheers for that.

Unfortunately I can't find an air date for Australia for Season 4. Hopefully they don't make us wait too long, some of the shows are broadcast here really soon after the US airing but others are shocking.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jeff danced with the Dean, main reason to catch it.

Jeff danced with the Dean, main reason to catch it.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Nothing can ever top season 2 of Community. Dungeons and Dragons episode is my favorite ever. I keep telling myself we're getting six seasons and a movie, but at this point with the ratings and the controversy behind the scenes... we'd be lucky to get a short fifth season.