Community

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Community_title.jpg

I am a huge fan of Community. It is one of the funniest shows on television and I am constantly baffled that it doesn't get more viewers. I have the first two seasons on DVD and I regularly rewatch them because they are so funny and have great repeat value.

Unfortunately NBC has put it on an extended hiatus during Season 3. They will show all Season 3 episodes but it seems like it is very close to being axed by NBC. I would hate for that to happen because there are so few top quality comedies on television these days. Community struggles because it is against one of the biggest hits in Big Bang Theory which is a show I like but if I had the choice it would be Community by far.

I hope that NBC realise their mistake and give Community at least one more season so they can finish the storyline arc. Hopefully when Community is back on the air all the fans tune in to boost the rating and then when it comes out on DVD buy it to show that there is still a demand there.

Are there any of Community fans on WS?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Funny enough Troy I have have never seen this, but have recently considered watching it on the back of very good reviews. Believe it all not, but it does not get shown anyway in the UK! However season one has just been released here so I will track it down and give it a look.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Big fan of community I say give it a fourth final season. Make it their fourth year at college and give it a proper send off like they're doing with Chuck. Though on the other hand you could argue what has NBC got going for it that deserves to be put ahead of Community and Chuck. Chuck in it's final season doing better on Friday nights than most of the shows on the network.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Honestly I haven't loved this season but the first two seasons were awesome, and the Paintball episode is an all time favorite episode.

SAL

Reaction score
Yeah I think this show's okay.

It's a creepy Arrested Development parallel. NBC's been nicer to its awesome cultish sitcom than Fox was with its own, but the scheduling issues and getting the show jerked around midway through the 3rd season...ugh. It's a-fuckin-mazing how many more people watch the hacky laughtrack-filled sitcoms on CBS compared to Community, the most creative and ambitious sitcom in years.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Big fan of community I say give it a fourth final season. Make it their fourth year at college and give it a proper send off like they're doing with Chuck. Though on the other hand you could argue what has NBC got going for it that deserves to be put ahead of Community and Chuck. Chuck in it's final season doing better on Friday nights than most of the shows on the network.

Aren't the Office and 30 Rock both on NBC?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Aren't the Office and 30 Rock both on NBC?

Yeah it's got two shows what in the rest of the lineup deserves to not be cancelled instead. Chuck and Community are literally the #3 and #4 comedies on the network.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't think Chuck is that great to be honest John, yeah it is quite entertaining for what it is, but really it is something just to pass the time rather than something where I can really get into the characters and which I would watch regularly. Will be watching the Community soon.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

They have to at least let it finish the four season arc. They have no other shows that are pulling big ratings so it can't hurt to give Community another season. It would be good if they could give it a timeslot that isn't against a show that gets 15 million viewers per episode just to give it a chance to grow.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another point Troy is that sometimes these smaller, indie comendies do take a few seasons to get bigger ratings. A prime example of that is with Seinfeld, the first three seasons of that the ratings weren't great, and yet by the end it had become one of most watched sitcoms ever. I am sure things like The Office and 30 Rock had modest starts ratings wise too.

Anyway I have just ordered the first season of Community and look forward to seeing it in the new year. In fact I will give brief reviews of each episode in this thread.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True some shows do take time to build their audience but this mid season break isn't going to help Community. I just don't see what they can gain from not giving it a fourth season as it will turn a fair few fans against NBC. Just let it run out the storyline arc and give it a better timeslot where it doesn't have to compete against a show that gets 15 million viewers. Plus I can't see any show replacing it doing better ratings.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
At the very least it should have a proper finale. Does Jeff go back to being a douche bag lawyer etc witht he rest.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah I just hope that the writers are told in advance in season three will be the last, I don't want it to end like My Name Is Earl which didn't get a proper ending. If they at least know that season three will be it then they can give it a proper send off.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah, but MNIE never had a proper begining or middle either LOL.