Community

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
In the states you have a Associates which is a 2 year degree and that is usually the only thing a community school offers. Universities offer the 4 6 and 8 year degrees. But their are a few community colleges that offer 4 year degrees.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I myself am a huge fan of Community. It's never going to be a rating powerhouse and many people simply don't understand it. There is tons of movie references that a movie buff like me gets. I'm really surprised that a couple of my friends like it and a lot of the in jokes go completely over their head. To me that's the bread and butter of the show. This show is rarely laugh out loud to me but I still love it for the creativity and originality plus the references to pop culture. Big Bang Theory is its competition but the latter really spells out their jokes. No real great dialogue just physical comedy as well as insults.

I think for the most part NBC has been doing a good job with its comedy block. They try out new shows every once in awhile but Community, 30 Rock, Office and Parks N Rec are the best original comedy's on television.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think for the most part NBC has been doing a good job with its comedy block. They try out new shows every once in awhile but Community, 30 Rock, Office and Parks N Rec are the best original comedy's on television.

I agree they have a great block of programming the issue is that so many people have simply turned away from NBC as a whole. I am a big fan of three of those four shows, The Office I will watch if it is on but the other three I will chase down the DVDs as soon as thy are released, and I hope that NBC keep promoting these shows as comedy shows that are actually funny and well written.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Haha I was just coming here to post that. Fantastic video, love how Community fans do things like this. It actually flows quite well and is a great way to promote the return of the show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Community returned this week with 4.9 million viewers which is the best rating for the show since early in Season 2. Good to see that plenty of people tuned in for the return although it was helped by the fact that Big Bang Theory was off. Did anyone on here watch the show?

I also read that Community has been picked up for syndication by Comedy Central. Not sure if this helps it in it's quest to get a fourth season but it can't hurt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That is good news. I have just finished watching the first season, I it is an exceptional show, one of the best comendies on right now. Love the Dark Knight rising episode!

If it is picked up by Comedy Central that would be good as I would get to see the up to date episodes in the UK.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I watched it enjoyed it but not the best.

Usually when a show is picked up for syndication 4 seasons is the minimum so either Comedy Central in it's contract states that it wants NBC to air a fourth season or they may just inherit the rights to the show and do the 4th season themselves. That's the usual standard anyway, though it's been broken before but usually after the show has been off the air a few years.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I heard that it was a Shirley based episode and Shirley would be the least favourite character for almost all fans. I just want them to show Season Three in Australia, they haven't announced when it is coming back.

Hopefully that deal does mean they are getting a fourth season either at NBC or Comedy Central. They can then finally finish the whole storyline of four years.

Killswitch

Reaction score
The new episode hit HUGE numbers. Like...it was up 40% from it's normal numbers. IT BEAT AMERICAN IDOL. I don't know why. Maybe people are catching on:

Last night was the long-anticipated return of Community to NBC, after a fall hiatus that left a lot of fans wondering if the show ever really would come back. We loved the episode, as you may have already read in our review of the show, and as it turns out, the rest of America actually did too. The perennially low-rated Community returned to really solid numbers last night even in the crowded Thursday night market, with a rating that nearly matches The Office to make it the nights #1 comedy on NBC.

Even more impressive, its numbers in the coveted 18-34 demographic actually had it ahead of the powerhouse American Idol. According to numbers cited by NY Mag's West Coast Editor Joe Adalian on Twitter, Community scored a 2.8 rating among 18-34 year old viewers, while Idol netted just a 2.5. And among men in that age bracket, Community destroyed, with a 3.3 rating to Idol's 1.9. More detailed numbers at TV Line point out that a lot of that may be thanks to The Big Bang Theory, which took the night off due to NCAA basketball, and is often the biggest competition for Community that night. Maybe evidence that NBC ought to bring back Community but stop pitching it against such stiff competition?

It's still unclear whether Community will be renewed for another season-- much less the "six seasons and a movie" that creator Dan Harmon is always half-joking about on twitter-- but this is definitely a good start. We'll have more info on last night's ratings numbers for you later, but in the meantime, you Community fans are allowed to walk with an extra spring in your steps today.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Big Bang Theory is in re-runs at the moment. Which is what really hurts Community.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True Big Bang is on a break at the moment but it is still important to get these viewers when they have the chance. 4.9 million viewers is massive, the most viewed Community episode since very early in season two. I believe that Big Bang is off this week as well so fingers crossed they can maintain this audience and convert a few people so that when Big Bang returns a chunk of the audience remains with Community.

Good news for Australian Community fans, Foxtel have picked it up for syndication and will start airing the show on TV1. They are going to kick things off with a marathon on April 25th.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Pretty sure their airing them out of order now also not a good sign.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was reading a bit about that, that it was clear that this episode should have aired before the Sherri episode. It has happened a couple of times this season and I can't understand why. Was it a good episode?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It was good but it was also very different in parts.