CM Punk Losing WWE Title Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I want Sheamus on Raw cause I think he'll actually get a chance to get a proper feud there. Don't seem like he's gonna get one on Smackdown at this rate. I wouldn't mind a Sheamus/Kane feud on Raw after Kane is done with Cena.
To be honest, I think I actually prefer him on SmackDown despite the current lack of feud. For all the hate he gets, the guy is actually a really good worker in my opinion and feels like a proper wrestler which is why I think he fits in on SmackDown. I thought that mini-feud they did with Henry was really good but the Christian stuff was rather lacklustre and obviously with him getting injured it threw a spanner in the works.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I don't really know what do ya'll see in Sheamus. To me he was a good heel, but as a face, although I sometimes find him epic, he's boring. I also agree that he should move over to RAW, but I'd let him feud with someone like Swagger.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't really know what do ya'll see in Sheamus. To me he was a good heel, but as a face, although I sometimes find him epic, he's boring. I also agree that he should move over to RAW, but I'd let him feud with someone like Swagger.
He's fine on the mic but never going to be great because of the accent, a great worker in my opinion, good build and actually acts like a badass face.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What hurts Sheamus at the moment is the fact that WWE don't have a feud for him. He is wrestling random wrestlers with no set feud ever since his feud with Christian ended.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I. It has to be a mistake why would WWE give away that either Kane or Cena are going to win the WWE Title before hand? It would have an adverse effect on the drawing power of whoever CM Punk is feuding with. For me he should keep the title until Mania at least.

2. As far as the low ratings go, I am suprised they have not been better, but then again I go with Troy's point of view that because of the way WWE dropped the ball with Punk post summerslam then it is going to take a bit of time for him to fully recover. The fact he has out sold Cena selling T-shirts, and remains over with a lot of fans, should convince WWE to stick with him and hopefully the ratings will improve over time. Also a feud with The Miz should help things as Miz is one of the best heels in the company.

3. I find the point about Punk being able to shift merch and get crowd responses, but not draw ratings to be an interesting one, because it is kind of what I have been saying about Cena for years. When you are in the main event and pushed above everyone else, you need to draw good ratings, and WWE ratings have been in decline for years, so it has been proven that Cena cannot draw big enough ratings to justify his monster push, and yet people still defend him, but the moment an experment hits a bit of snag people say lets go back to Cena. It is about thinking long term.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
3. I find the point about Punk being able to shift merch and get crowd responses, but not draw ratings to be an interesting one, because it is kind of what I have been saying about Cena for years. When you are in the main event and pushed above everyone else, you need to draw good ratings, and WWE ratings have been in decline for years, so it has been proven that Cena cannot draw big enough ratings to justify his monster push, and yet people still defend him, but the moment an experment hits a bit of snag people say lets go back to Cena. It is about thinking long term.
What if someone was to play devils advocate and say that Cena was bringing in his percentage of the ratings, but the rest of the 'team' wasn't?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As I said before I always looked at ratings as a reflection of where the product overall is at not just one person which I why I think it's dumb to blame one guy for a whole show worth of ratings. When The Rock who is the biggest star in the building easily comes on the show and it only gets the normal 3.2 rating then imo that just proves why you shouldn't place the fault or praise of a show rating on one single guy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I didn't say Cena was the only blame for bad ratings, but the problem is when you shove someone down peoples throats and proclaim them to be the next Hogan/Austin/Rock etc then they need to deliver and overall verdict on Cena has to be he has not delivered enough.

Also because of the resentment he has had from long term fans, it is pretty fair to say he has driven a lot of people away from watching the product.

As for the question of could he be the reason a certain amount of the audience watch, not really because this is the WWE and even though they have dropped a lot, they can still relie on a certain audience because of their name value and the fact there are no other big players around to challenge them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the end it is a reflection on the product as a whole. People may really enjoy a few wrestlers but they won't sit and watch the rest of the show if it isn't any good. They will tune in to see their favourites and then tune out again.