CM Punk Losing WWE Title Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The thing is WWE need to be thinking about the future. They could put the title on HHH or Kane and maybe boost the ratings by 0.2 but it will hurt them in the long run. At the moment they need to continue making new stars that will still be around in five years time to carry the company through the next boom period. They might suffer some lower ratings at the moment but they need to have it where they have a dozen maineventers that can carry the company like they had over a decade ago.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously WWE is worrying to much. I'm sure a lot of people DVR the show but ratings don't take into account that. I'd be happy if people were watching my show, even if it was on DVR.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
And like I've said before, do kids really have the patience to sit threw crap promo segments? They want fighting god damn it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Whether or not he deserves to be stripped of the title is up for discussion, but I think they should just keep the title on him and go with their original plans because Mania season is kicking off imminently so all the starpower and big names should be back on RAW. Trips will probably be back in full swing, Taker could be appearing on RAW, Rock likewise building up his feud with Cena, Kane's return building momentum, Jan 2nd guy etc etc etc.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good point, with WM right around the corner this is no time to make sudden changes. Continue with the plans that will lead to WM and build from there. As you said they should receive a boost in viewership when all these other stars return plus WWE normally get more viewers during the Road to Wrestlemania anyway.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WrestleZone said:
Changes For CM Punk In 2012
There have been some talks about moving CM Punk to the SmackDown brand later in 2012, to help provide star power according to F4Wonline.com

Didn't they do the same with Orton? I have been enjoying SmackDown lately and if CM Punk does get moved, it will test his fan base.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I wouldn't have a huge problem with moving him to SD but he is really over with the live crowd. Never understood taking guys you know can get a pop and moving them to the taped show.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I wouldn't have a huge problem with moving him to SD but he is really over with the live crowd. Never understood taking guys you know can get a pop and moving them to the taped show.
Because he might better as the #1 face on the B brand as opposed to the #2 face on the A brand?

Deuce

Reaction score
I would rather not see Punk on Smackdown, he is perfect where he is, on Monday Night Raw.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Only good thing about that is that he would without a doubt be the number 1 face on the show. The bad thing that makes me opposed to it however is the creative team for Smackdown and how they often get lazy with their booking making it seem like you're watching the same show over and over again even if it's decent. Then again with WWE not giving a shit about the brand split he'd still show up on Raw anyways.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Because he might better as the #1 face on the B brand as opposed to the #2 face on the A brand?
You have a point but it really didn't benefit Orton at all did it? The only thing it helped him with was increasing his crowd reaction.... the rating dropped substantially

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When Orton moved to SD he was the undisputed number 1 face has had a great run of matches so it did do Orton some good in those regards. Just got to the point where he needed to take a break from the main event.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What interests me most is who they would send over from SmackDown to be the #2 guy. I don't know how WWE sees it, but to me I consider Orton and Sheamus numbers 1 and 2 respectively so i'd expect one of them to move, even though I think Orton has been incredible on SmackDown and Sheamus is only going to get better and better once he gets a proper feud.

Also Prodigy, it may not have helped Orton as far as being a champion on top for months upon end per se, but it certainly helped Henry, Christian, Rhodes and currently Barrett.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I want Sheamus on Raw cause I think he'll actually get a chance to get a proper feud there. Don't seem like he's gonna get one on Smackdown at this rate. I wouldn't mind a Sheamus/Kane feud on Raw after Kane is done with Cena.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I agree PHX. Sheamus should get a push and he isn't going to get one on Smackdown with all the guys they have there atm. The guy gets a great reaction so I dont see why not.