CM Punk Losing WWE Title Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
A WWE Championship title match between John Cena and Kane is being advertised for February 3, 2012 by the Kansas Expocentre in Topeka, Kansas. WWE Monday Night Raw will be in the Kansas Expocentre on that night. There is no word on if this is simply a mistake or if WWE plans to have CM Punk drop the WWE Championship to either John Cena or Kane by then.

Also this:

While more than a few people within WWE still aren’t totally sold on CM Punk as WWE Champion, it’s said that he has won over a lot of them the past few weeks, especially with his performance at TLC.

Damn, hopefully it's just a mistake. But I'm doubting that.

Deuce

Reaction score
He should not lose his title just yet, I want to see him have a pretty lenghty reign. I definitely don't want Cena to get the title, or even Kane. Kane has just returned so I don't want to see him as champion, I just don't want to see Cena become champion either. Punk has proved he is a great WWE champion so he should get the lengthy reign he deserves.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Card is always subject to change so that doesn't really mean much plus really could be a mistake considering Punk vs Del Rio has been for the title in a lot of house shows. The Kane/Cena feud really is just giving Cena something to do to pass the time before mania so doubt he or Kane ends up with the title.

OMR

Reaction score
don't see cena or kane winning the title before that time since they are just starting a feud with each other. punk really doesn't fit into that picture so probably a mistake on someones part.

TheZig

Reaction score
This option is probably just penciled in at the moment, Also it doesn't really make alot of sense to have Kane and Cena to fued then have one of them win the WWE title then continue to fued. I know it could just possibly be one of them filler Raw title main events or a triple threat etc but considering all aspects i doubt either of them will be holding the WWE title come February.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Pretty convinced that they'll have Cena defend the title against Rock at Mania and bill it as the 'biggest WWE Title match ever', even though the match doesnt need a title to sell.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
who are these fucker that are not sold on punk yet

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
who are these fucker that are not sold on punk yet
That's what I wanna know and why it took em till the last few weeks to be sold on it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE changes their plans on the fly all the time. Nothing about February is probably set in stone.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
So you're telling me that if the minority of the people in charge get their way, Punk's fifth title reign will be yet another short experiment?

ants

Reaction score
It doesnt make any sense to me. The only time from now until then that the title should change hands is at the Rumble, and I cant see Cena or Kane having a title match before then, or at that event.

Cena doesnt need the title for Wrestlemania..and Kane doesnt need it either.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I agree and I'm doubting he'll lose it as plans always change and especially since February is far away but as of now, it's probably under serious consideration by WWE to have either as champion by February. CM Punk shouldn't lose it, the guy is one hell of a performer in the ring, great on the mic and he draws, look at the reaction he gets all the time! Oh and #1 merch seller too.

Tooey

Reaction score
I really hope this isn't true as others have stated, WWE change their plans on the fly all the time. Punk's really been on a roll the last few months and has toppled Cena in a lot of areas. If the WWE is able to do with Cena what they're doing with Orton, I'll be pleased. Still keep him strong but out of the title hunt.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Punk won't lose the title before WM, he will be walking into WM28 as the WWE champion. Punk is currently the most over guy on the roster and WWE need to keep pushing him at the top and find him a credible opponent at WM.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
CM Punk In Danger of Losing Title Due to Poor Ratings

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE officials have been giving serious consideration to the idea of pulling the WWE Title from CM Punk due to what are being called "terrible ratings patterns" for his segments on Raw.

According to the report, the idea of pulling the title from Punk was discussed prior to the TLC PPV, however the decision was ultimately made to have him go over in his Triple Threat bout against The Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

It didn't help matters that Punk's Raw ratings continued to decline the night after the PPV, when his main event segment featuing a 6 man tag match between him, Zack Ryder & Daniel Bryan vs The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler only gained 59,000 viewers for the show's over run.

The Wrestling Observer report noted that the main event segment of Raw only drew a 2.67 cable rating, which is by far the lowest rated Raw main event of 2011 and possibly the lowest Raw main event rating since 1997 for a non-holiday show.

WWE really wants to put the belt on someone who brings in ratings, they'll put it on Cena or Kane if so. But I'm surprised with the ratings tbh, I'd thought they would be higher. I love CM Punk and I'd still prefer him as champion over quite a few others.

But if you look at it instead of just being a fan of the guy, Punk was interesting for awhile in the Summer and during the whole signing thing but now him and his promos are getting a bit boring (same shit), stale and losing momentum. He is now just another boring PG WWE robot. I don't blame him for it, it's the writers fault, but his appeal is over.

Good educated guess on Punk dropping the title but if WWE was really concerned about ratings, they wouldn't be main eventing shows with thrown together tag matches.